• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Suggestions for improvements (New forum)

That seems fine to me. Should I add it immediately (as it is rather self-evident), or do we need more staff input first?

Regarding Verse-specific Powers and Abilities, keep in mind that these pages should only be made when a significant number of characters possess the relevant ability, and that said ability should cover several other powers and abilities, in order to avoid redundant repetitions in character profiles. Some examples: Puella Magi Physiology, Nen, Haki, Servant Physiology
should be updated to include the fact that a CRT is required in order to make said pages. Technically if these pages meet the rules they should be fine, but I always see them being controversial and ending up being discussed, revised or straight up deleted after some time from their creation.

For this reason I think the rule should be expanded with a sentence like this (it can be improved, obviously):

Before creating this type of page, please make sure to have its addition accepted in a thread in the Content Revision forum. This because Verse-specific Powers and Abilities often tend to be controversial and they should be scrutinized by the Staff and the Community before being published.
@AKM sama @Promestein

Is it acceptable if I expand our rule text for this according to the above suggestion?

Just thought of something. What about a new section on profiles that goes over what a character usually does in combat? It's a very relevant topic in an extremely large amount of versus threads, and in many cases can even decide the entire outcome of a fight. I feel like that makes it relevant enough to be worth a small section of its own, right?

For example, with Goku it'd be something along the lines of "Willingly allows his opponents to fight at their full strength as he enjoys combat. Fighting style consists of advanced Martial Arts and the manipulation of Ki for flight and energy blasts." Or in the case of manga Goku, you could add to this by saying "Will use Hakai only if backed into a corner, and may also use the Mafuba under the same conditions if given a sealing urn as optional equipment."

Obviously that's just a rough version of what it would look like, but I do believe it'd be a good change as it could make versus threads far less complicated in some instances where in-character actions are practically the topic of the thread. Look at Goku Vs. MCU Thanos as an example.

We already have a "Standard Tactics" section as an option for characters that do not diverge much from certain patterns, but it has not been applied much yet.

We already have a "Standard Tactics" section as an option for characters that do not diverge much from certain patterns, but it has not been applied much yet.
Oh, I haven't seen that yet. Is there any pages you could mention in specific?

Edit: Just so I can use the formatting on other pages as a reference in potential CRT's.

Oh, I haven't seen that yet. Is there any pages you could mention in specific?

Edit: Just so I can use the formatting on other pages as a reference in potential CRT's.
See here:

A question. Has anyone suggested to limit who can create CRTs? Or create CRTs for X or Y verses? If so, and assuming it was rejected, why?

Weren't there limits requested for the sheer abundance of Naruto CRTs awhile back? I remember something like that happening. Not asking for them to be limited now, just in correlation to M3X's comment.

A question. Has anyone suggested to limit who can create CRTs? Or create CRTs for X or Y verses? If so, and assuming it was rejected, why?
I do not remember so well, but think that we have a maximum of 3 active CRTs per verse at a time. It might be lower though. You can check through our Discussion Rules page.

No, no. I meant, a selected group of people who are able to create CRTs for verses like Marvel, for example Only those selected can create CRT for the verse to avoid bullshits.

No, no. I meant, a selected group of people who are able to create CRTs for verses like Marvel, for example Only those selected can create CRT for the verse to avoid bullshits.
No, that's gatekeeping. We can't just let only a select few people to create CRTs for verses. Everybody should be able to create any CRT they want, it's a free forum. (Except in special cases where we ban some people who are problematic in a specific verse).

add more themes (Red, blue, anime, etc) and a possible separate roleplay section like Spacebattles. Dice rp, freeform, creative writing, etc

It would be too complicated. Sorry. Also, I think that the current light and dark themes are likely enough.

There's also like a ton of sections for roleplay already anyways.

I don't think that it would be possible for our system manager to achieve, or at least we would have to pay him a lot of money to work hard to apply it.

Last edited:
Both, but customiseable themes would likely be harder to apply.

I think that we can manage well with our current light and dark themes. It would take lots of work and higher graphic design skills than we have to add several anime themes.

I think that we can manage well with our current light and dark themes. It would take lots of work and higher graphic design skills than we have to add several anime themes.
you do you, but i was personally on board with customizable themes so people can make their own anime themes. again, it would save a lot of effort..

I still do not think that is possible. Sorry.

No. Sorry. We placed the sub-forums for VS Battles in a rough order of importance, and the ones for Joke Battles and FCOC in the order that they had previously.

Can we make it so the first post shows up even when you're on different pages in threads here on the forums? It'd be much more convenient and helpful. In CRTs you can check arguments/scans from the OP without having to go back, VS threads can keep count of votes and whatnot, even general threads are benefited that have the lists, etc. We're probably one of the few wikis in that, pretty much every, thread would be an improvement with such a feature.

Can we make it so the first post shows up even when you're on different pages in threads here on the forums? It'd be much more convenient and helpful. In CRTs you can check arguments/scans from the OP without having to go back, VS threads can keep count of votes and whatnot, even general threads are benefited that have the lists, etc. We're probably one of the few wikis in that, pretty much every, thread would be an improvement with such a feature.
I personally don't mind, but I need further input.

@AKM sama @DontTalkDT

What do you think?

Yes, articles look awkward in their design.

i have an idea for the mod/staff (mainly thread mods)
i think they should be able to temp mute someone for breaking rules/being rude since the admins are busy and not able to handle it

Back