• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Suggestions for improvements (New forum)

I do not mind if we place a new brief instruction text in the beginning of our image rendering requests thread, but I am very distracted right now, so I would appreciate if somebody else writes a draft for it.
Well, you never like the way I word things, but something like:

"You should announce when you start working on a request so that others do not waste time working on it as well. This is to avoid confusion and maximize efficiency."

Last edited:
I have done so:

Is it possible to add a safe save or something like that when editing a page? I've already wasted an hour of my life trying to edit a profile and losing all the progress because the page resets for no reason.

Unfortunately no, but you can set up a personal sandbox page where you continuously save your progress before you copy-paste the finished work to the main regular wiki page that you intend to revise.

Not sure how best to explain this, but is it possible to add a pop up message - or any kind of message, in this case - when someone is trying to make a thread in the content revision board? Basically a message saying they to make sure their reasoning are well done, plus have all relevant scans gathered and whatnot. And maybe recommend the use of sandbox before trying to post a crt?

I feel like this could reduce the number of low quality CRTs?

I know it's hard to picture bit imagine like captcha system. A pop up appears with a few questions like "do you have all the scans" or whatever or something. Might take longer to post but at least it will reduce the number of low quality CRTs

Not sure how best to explain this, but is it possible to add a pop up message - or any kind of message, in this case - when someone is trying to make a thread in the content revision board? Basically a message saying they to make sure their reasoning are well done, plus have all relevant scans gathered and whatnot. And maybe recommend the use of sandbox before trying to post a crt?

I feel like this could reduce the number of low quality CRTs?
That seems like a reasonable idea, but one that is hard to apply, especially without any unintended side-effects and to one specific sub-forum only, and we have to pay our system manager quite a lot for his work here, and do not earn much money from our advertisements.

As such, I am not sure, but if somebody gives more specific suggestions for how the instruction messages can most efficiently be applied, and what it should say exactly, it can certainly be considered.

That seems like a reasonable idea, but one that is hard to apply, especially without any unintended side-effects and to one specific sub-forum only, and we have to pay our system manager quite a lot for his work here, and do not earn much money from our advertisements.

As such, I am not sure, but if somebody gives more specific suggestions for how the instruction messages can most efficiently be applied, and what it should say exactly, it can certainly be considered.
Unfortunate, but understandable. Maybe in the future 🤞

Well, again, if you and others further develop your suggestion in the manner that I mentioned above, there is a higher chance that we can apply something like this, possibly with different types of information messages for the wiki management and staff forums.

Alternately we could simply expand on the stationary information text for our content revision forum.

For the time being, expanding on the stationary info text should help.

But in the mean time, I will see if I can find an example or sketch up a rough design one day

Okay. Do you have a suggestion for what the updated stationary forum information text should say?

Often, statistics and other important contents for characters profile pages need to be revised. Any discussion pertaining to such revisions must be done in this board.
Before posting, make sure your arguments are presented in a manner that is easy to understand and backed by valid scans (images, text, videos, etc). In addition, you need to make sure everything is in English or translated by a reliable source.
It is advised that you use the sandbox feature to prepare your CRT in advance.

Optional:
If you are unsure, or lack evidence, use one of the other boards to get help from verse supporters.
If your CRT does not meet the criteria, it will likely be rejected or closed.

Thank you.

@AKM sama @DontTalkDT

What do you think about Confluctor's above suggestion for a new stationary information text for our content revision forum?

Thank you for the evaluation.

@DontTalkDT

Is it fine with you if we place the following text as the official stationary explanation for our VSB content revision sub-forum, if there is sufficient room for it available?

"Often, statistics and other important contents for characters profile pages need to be revised. Any discussion pertaining to such revisions must be done in this board. Before posting, make sure that your arguments are presented in a manner that is easy to understand and backed by valid scans (images, text, videos, etc). In addition, you need to make sure that everything is in English or translated by a reliable source, and it is advised that you use this forum's sandbox feature to prepare your content revision threads in advance."

Last edited:
Would it be possible to link to stuff within that text? If so, I'd suggest to link to the sandbox to make it more fool-proof, kinda like

"Often, statistics and other important contents for characters profile pages need to be revised. Any discussion pertaining to such revisions must be done in this board. Before posting, make sure that your arguments are presented in a manner that is easy to understand and backed by valid scans (images, text, videos, etc). In addition, you need to make sure that everything is in English or translated by a reliable source, and it is advised that you use this forum's sandbox feature to prepare your content revision threads in advance."

I am very uncertain whether or not that is possible or even necessary.

Thank you for the evaluation.

@DontTalkDT

Is it fine with you if we place the following text as the official stationary explanation for our VSB content revision sub-forum, if there is sufficient room for it available?

Seems fine.

Thank you. I will try to add it then, but make no promises, as the text may be too long to fit.

I have successfully updated the text, although I removed the parenthesis, as it looked a bit unprofessional.

I think it'd be nice for regular users to be able to see the profiles in the wiki forum of banned users, as that allows to more easily track discussions they've been relevant on, especially messages done in user pages.

Our staff have talked about this previously in private, and it does not seem to be a function that is possible to apply for our system administrator. Only our bureaucrats can see permanently banned member profile pages. My apologies.

However, I think that we managed to change the forum settings so our other staff members became able to view temporarily banned user profile pages. I am not sure if I recall correctly though.

Yeah, it's unfortunate. I think it should be a good idea for Admins to at least be able to see User profiles, which there is the work around feature. But I personally think being able to see message walls in case certain people brought up important information in said wall or if some messages people posted on banned users' message walls were evidence for someone being reported and what not. But it's a xenforo issue, not a Fandom one. So cannot be fixed unfortunately.

The XenForo company itself. You would have to ask them for a future system update to make viewing banned member profile pages more customisable.

The XenForo company itself. You would have to ask them for a future system update to make viewing banned member profile pages more customisable.
I guess that trying to do so is harder than with Fandom if that makes this something that can't be fixed.

I was thinking if there was any way we could rename some of the categories we have on this wiki.

I was thinking if there was any way we could rename some of the categories we have on this wiki.
Yes and no.
Categories can't be simply renamed.
However, some people that know how and have the privileges can use a bot to remove a category from all pages and add a new one instead, which is essentially the same as renaming the category.

So it's possible if it is reasonably necessary.

Yes and no.
Categories can't be simply renamed.
However, some people that know how and have the privileges can use a bot to remove a category from all pages and add a new one instead, which is essentially the same as renaming the category.

So it's possible if it is reasonably necessary.
If I gave a list of the categories I think should be renamed, would you all agree to it and consider?

Back