• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Stupidest most illogical plothole in your favorite series?

For me, i thought it was a huge plothole when Goku tells Bulma and ChiChi that Vegeta and Gohan are dead in the Buu saga. WTF why were Bulma and ChiChi crying and freaking out? Did they actually forget about the existence of dragon balls? The Z fighters literally die every ******* day, and they're always brought back with the Dragon balls. Like Krillin dying is a tradion for the main cast. They never really gave a shit about death because they have dragon balls.

Earth's dragon balls can only bring someone back to life once, but the Earth's dragon balls were never used to revive Vegeta during that time, and Gohan only "died" once at the time, so they were both eligible for revival, so why were their deaths such a big deal? Dying in DBZ is literally a joke, it's like taking a long nap. So how come they were acting like Gohan and Vegeta couldn't be brought back? They have ******* dragon balls.

When you don't just go right to the goddamn police the second you find a giant ass rape chamber and a literal corpse of a missing girl buried in the junkyard.

Bonus points for figuring out the without looking at my profile

Crimson Azoth said:
When you don't just go right to the goddamn police the second you find a giant ass rape chamber and a literal corpse of a missing girl buried in the junkyard.
Bonus points for figuring out the without looking at my profile
sorry i couldnt figure it out, but sounds interesting. can you tell me the name of the series?

Here's a few

1) Serial Killer in captivity since childhood somehow knows how to drive.

2) Thanos gives his only Stone to the least trustworthy person to gain another Stone. Like seriously you had what you wanted why not hold onto it?

3) Speaking of the above how does Thanos know where all the Infinity Stones are but the Soul one? Like he genuinely knows exactly where they all are (Never been to Earth and yet knows where Vision is constantly as with the Time Stone)

4) Why does Steppenwolf arrive only in JL? Like it's established that it's the death of Superman that caused it but consider he had an 800 - 5000 year window to begin his invasion (Since it's when the Gods died) and it makes no sense why he'd wait for Superman only to invade after his death.

@Greatzone It is Life is Strange.

@Hellbeast Thanos does seem to have a bloodhound-like attraction to the stones, huh? I mean, you could say that the Power Stone attracted him to the stones, but then I present to you him not knowing where the Soul Stone was.

Still a great movie though

That one ending where the main character jsut seals itself for all eternity and we never get to know how it went for everyone else shortly after he sealed hiself to begin with. That plot hole is soo big it feels bad whenever I try to think about it again, there is nothing to derivate the questions I have.

Metroid has a pretty glaring one.

Metroids were created to kill Parasite X, but we also know that you can make vaccines from metroid DNA.

So why not just copy and paste the DNA to make vaccines instead of creating an entire species...?

"Hey, you see this one nation that has guns! Let's go to war with them! With the power of our bows and arrows. What could possibly go wrong?"

I

Can't exactly pull any non obvious plot holes for stuff I like

AnonymousBlank said:
More like CIS tbh.
Power nulling arrow manages to evade fate manipulating, omni-precog before it even activates.
Ahhh to be fair, since the arrow came from Yhwach in a sense and had the ability to null The Almighty, then it's reasonable to assume that it was beyond The Almighty's Precog.

In the same sense that the Venom symbiote isn't perceivable to Spiderman's precog.

Or at least that's my headcanon.

A plot hole in Danny Phantom is they keep fighting the ghosts to keep everyone safe but the reason ghosts keep coming is the fact that they leave the freaking Ghost Portal up and running. Just destroy the damn thing and that would literally cut down majority of the ghost attacks.

I think it was explained already, his parents are unaware of it and still open it for "research" purposes, or that´s what I remember.

There´s also the fact that if Danny destroyed it, his parents would surely take some measures onto him,especially considering they don´t even know he has a ghost form, however, that would have been a pretty interesting character development concept now that I think about it...

Jotaro moving in stopped time, and eventually stopping time during his fight with dio. He never once through out the entire stardust crusader arc showed that he had the capability to stop or move in stopped time. Dio eventuallly explains that jotaro was able to accomplish these feats because star platinum and the world were similar or the same type of stand. Of course there are plenty of problem with this statement. For one, when jotaro stopped time, dio couldn't move. If jotaro can move in stopped time, it only makes sense that dio should have been able to do the same exact thing. Two, saying that jotaro could stop time because their stands were similar doesn't make any sense. If thats the case, shouldn't shining diamond also be able to stop time because it's also similar to the world?

"Dio eventuallly explains that jotaro was able to accomplish these feats because star platinum and the world were similar or the same type of stand"

Kakyoin already said that The World reminded him of SP and Jotaro that they were similar type of Stands.

Eficiente said:
"Dio eventuallly explains that jotaro was able to accomplish these feats because star platinum and the world were similar or the same type of stand"
Kakyoin already said that The World reminded him of SP and Jotaro that they were similar type of Stands.
They're just similar due to the fact that they're both short range stands, but in exchange they possess a lot of speed and power. That doesn't mean or even explain why and how they would have the same exact ability, that's bs. By that logic, since josuke's crazy diamond is also a short range stand, it should have also been able to stop time, but see how that doesn't make sense? it's even more bs due to the fact that jotaro time stopped only after he somehow figured out that he could move in stopped time, If they both had the same ability from the very start, than jotaro should have known he could time stop. Either thats a major league plot hole, or the author decided to give jotaro some ridiculous plot armor,

The fact that Nami spent 2 years learning how to navigate in the New World but didn't know she would need a new log pose to do so.

Honestly dude Star Platinum and The World share the same ability because they come from two people with similar personalities and identical fighting spirits.

DIO is muscular and powerful, and not afraid to abuse his strength over others to get what he wants. He's arrogant and can't help himself from constantly rising to every provocation delivered by the Joestars because it angers him. He's a loner (only socializing to manipulate others) and is generally uncaring of others emotions. The World is supposed to be the strongest because DIO literally views himself as the strongest - that's his fighting spirit.

Good gist of DIO, right? Let's sub his name with Jotaro for a second.

Jotaro is muscular and powerful, and not afraid to abuse his strength over others to get what he wants. He's arrogant and can't help himself from constantly rising to every provocation delivered by literally any villian because it angers him. He's a loner and is generally uncaring of others emotions. Star Platinum is supposed to be the strongest because Jotaro literally views himself as the strongest - that's his fighting spirit.

Hmmmm...

Someone else noticed this not me but,

>Guy wants to steal the MCs soul to fulfill his plans

>Destroys that soul when fighting him

Back