• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Stupidest most illogical plothole in your favorite series?

The only thing that seperate the two is that Jotaro has (thankfully) been taught the difference between right and wrong at a young age and had a drastically different personality for most of his life. However when he turned 17 it took a drastic change, and thus when he gained his Stand it reflected his current personality, not his previous one.

Josuke and everyone else has an entirely different personality and fighting spirit and as such, do not share the whole same stand abilities shenanigans.

HierophantDeluxe said:
Honestly dude Star Platinum and The World share the same ability because they come from two people with similar personalities and identical fighting spirits.
DIO is muscular and powerful, and not afraid to abuse his strength over others to get what he wants. He's arrogant and can't help himself from constantly rising to every provocation delivered by the Joestars because it angers him. He's a loner (only socializing to manipulate others) and is generally uncaring of others emotions. The World is supposed to be the strongest because DIO literally views himself as the strongest - that's his fighting spirit.

Good gist of DIO, right? Let's sub his name with Jotaro for a second.

Jotaro is muscular and powerful, and not afraid to abuse his strength over others to get what he wants. He's arrogant and can't help himself from constantly rising to every provocation delivered by literally any villian because it angers him. He's a loner and is generally uncaring of others emotions. Star Platinum is supposed to be the strongest because Jotaro literally views himself as the strongest - that's his fighting spirit.

Hmmmm...
No, it was heavily implied and even explained that they have the same ability because they're stands are both short range stands but have immense speed and power, However, like I said, if that's the case, than josukes crazy diamond should also have time stop because it's also a short range stand with immense speed and power. Having similar personalities doesn't explain anything at all.

@TheAbsoluteOne you're fine to disagree with my explanation but yours is unfounded too. They don't have the ability to stop time BECAUSE they have immense speed and power - that was never stated at all. What was stated was that they have the same stand.

HierophantDeluxe said:
@TheAbsoluteOne you're fine to disagree with my explanation but yours is unfounded too. They don't have the ability to stop time BECAUSE they have immense speed and power - that was never stated at all. What was stated was that they have the same stand.
Jotaro's exact words: So it's the same type of stand as star platinum. Not much range, but immense power and precise movements. You were saying? It was never stated that they have the same stand, jotaro states himself that star platinum and the world are the same type of stand. Which is short range with immense power, speed, and precision. Also, when did I say that they have the same ability because they have immense power and speed? I never said that. Reraed what I wrote. I was explaining that both stands are similar because they're short range stands that have immense power and speed. What I was saying is if the reason why jotaro can stop time is because his stand is similar to the worlds, than josukes stand should also be able to stop time because his stand is also similar to the worlds.

Back