• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
RIP Borosbros
LMdcBOs.png

Nothing changes the fact that characters will go through their own struggles even though Saitama has X+1 power levels. If most of the enjoyment comes from side characters and their growth, Saitama having x+1 invalidates nothing. And you barely make any points in the first place, I don't have much to work with here.

What is confusing you? I've elaborated on pretty much everything I've said. Quoting me and going "this makes no sense" is not an argument. Also, you are implying that any side-characters will have their journeys invalidated because of... Saitama having x+1 powerscaling. Which they will not, as I responded to previously.

What possibilities? And why the hell does it matter that the idea is widely applicable? You don't prove anywhere that it is, by the way. This is open ended as hell with 0 justification or supporting details. Am I supposed to just go "oh, DTG499 says it's so, that's the end of that!"? What do you mean by format, and why does it matter? What does that have to do with how the gag was originally conceived? And why doesn't it matter than Saitama will never be beaten, considering it's a core part of the gag? Once again, this is completely subjective and based on your personal enjoyment.

I have many reasons why I think OPM had a dive in quality in specific areas, and none of them are related to your barely coherent point about OPM's gag.

These are not contradictory. Saitama is portrayed as a regular man that achieves the impossible a la mind over matter. Thematically, he represents the infinite possibilities of the everyman, so any human can achieve what he has. However, within the plot of OPM, ONE is not going to write someone that surpasses him, or at least not a villain/monster. There's nothing to say that in their world's future after the main story ends, someone else won't become another Saitama.

This is a complete non-sequitur and doesn't address anything I said. You've said absolutely nothing when you go "I grew up and realized it's much deeper than that."
And yes, that is my point. How does that disprove what I'm saying?

Do you understand how constructing an argument works? I'm responding to your assertions with counterarguments and analyses/facts that support my arguments. Your responses have consisted solely of "I didn't say that," "you're wrong," or some version of "this is how it is." And I'd like to see your "prediction" of where "this" is going. What do you mean by "this"? The series? The fight that just ended? What? Saitama is not omnipresent or omniscient, he isn't going to be time traveling at the drop of a pin. That's if it's Saitama that time traveled by the way, and not Garou sending him back.

Most of your posts have been circular reasoning and avoid addressing my points. The only point you've made is about the original gag that started the series, which I disagree with heavily. The original gag is based on an unassuming, dumb-looking character than has unlimited power and defeats bad guy with a single blow. The dichotomy is based on cool-ness factors that shonen MCs usually have versus Saitama, as well as the enjoyment of seeing MCs get stronger while pitying Saitama for being too strong. Saitama struggles to find enjoyment again, which is why readers want to see him challenged, but ONE is very clearly stating in the manga and webcomic that this is not the correct path. Saitama is meant to grow past that desire and pursue a different goal. The pursuit-of-challenge part of the gag was never meant to last the entire series, and tying OPM's quality to that is what's really one-dimensional. You've missed the forest for the trees.
Are you expecting reading comprehension from an OPM fan? You ask for much when more than 80% of the fanbase still thinks he is a looney tunes tier gag character or saying things that he doesn't really have a sad backstory when he was literally an aimless suicidal man before saving the Butt-chin kid

Are you expecting reading comprehension from an OPM fan? You ask for much when more than 80% of the fanbase still thinks he is a looney tunes tier gag character or saying things that he doesn't really have a sad backstory when he was literally an aimless suicidal man before saving the Butt-chin kid
I expect reading comprehension from the average human, but maybe I expect too much.

Wait are Saitama and Garou universal? They imagined an entire universe and created it. It's not exactly going back in time. He traveled to a universe he created with the 'Ultimate Martial Arts'
No, "Inner Universe" is like a concept in mediation and martial arts, it's just about visualizing your inner self in oneness with the cosmos and stuff.

No, "Inner Universe" is like a concept in mediation and martial arts, it's just about visualizing your inner self in oneness with the cosmos and stuff.
It was kind stated that they were literally creating the universe that they were imagining. Particles were being created in pairs. I think what is happening is that Saitama created an identical universe to what happened in 165, then those two universes merged, like what happened to him. Just a theory though.

Time reversal=martial arts.

He's calling it martial arts yes, but it clearly isn't just martial arts. Knowing how to fight well doesn't let someone manipulate one of the fundamental laws of reality.

technically u could argue another universe was made cause saitama has genos core, while genos has his core still intact. unless we can agree on giving saitama creation for making a second core. 🗿 🤷‍♂️

Tbh, since Saitama reacted to traveling through time and was stated to land a punch before it was thrown, Saitama gets immeasurable speed no cap fr fr 100%.

Also, I find it funny that if Saitama actually humored Bang and learned WSRSF he could just master it in like 2 seconds.

Tbh, since Saitama reacted to traveling through time and was stated to land a punch before it was thrown, Saitama gets immeasurable speed no cap fr fr 100%.

Also, I find it funny that if Saitama actually humored Bang and learned WSRSF he could just master it in like 2 seconds.
Saitama copies Itachi genjutsu gg

Back