• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I personally think the Dragon+ tier is kinda gay

Man ONE was trying so hard to hold off on God level threats despite guys like Boros and Orochi existing he fr said

"Nah my guy, they above Dragon but not GOD, let's just add a + to that"

**** SC and EOW were done worse and man was all "They UNKNOWN, yeah...let's go with that"

saitama's """""full power""""" serious punch at the start of the fight resulted in the 4-B to 3-B feat so, I think that the effects of either the RE or him just holding back less over time is not really quantifiable
unless we take the graphs as proof, then it's VERY quantifiable

Saitama is between a few hundred to a few million times the speed of light. He blitzes the entire Relativistic+-19.5 times Sol verse before they can react.

Hax is the most wanked shit in all fiction
Nah, I disagree.

The most wanked thing for vsdebates has always been and always will be in-character competency. Most characters are actively really stupid and gimp themselves but people will still treat them as acting as a hyperrational fighter or doing combos they've never come close to replicating in canon.

So don't equalize the speed 🗿
dont-tell-me-what-to-do.gif

A better understanding than before.

A level enjoyment does come from seeing people try to measure up. The majority of the enjoyment comes from seeing the side characters going through their own power struggles. Which you stated earlier as if I was in opposition to. Which is what I meant by arguing against points I never made a stand against.
Nothing changes the fact that characters will go through their own struggles even though Saitama has X+1 power levels. If most of the enjoyment comes from side characters and their growth, Saitama having x+1 invalidates nothing. And you barely make any points in the first place, I don't have much to work with here.
It shows that saitama’s mechanism is infinite growth and you literally say that yourself.

Garou mirrors saitama? Lets stay away from that one. That’s a whole other conversation.

Another character could reach saitama’s strength???? That’s your point? You are confusing the **** outa me.

My whole point is that, yes, that was initially the case. That we would eventually see that happen. You are against that. Are you?

The focus for the most has always been on the side characters and their development. I’m not arguing against that.
What is confusing you? I've elaborated on pretty much everything I've said. Quoting me and going "this makes no sense" is not an argument. Also, you are implying that any side-characters will have their journeys invalidated because of... Saitama having x+1 powerscaling. Which they will not, as I responded to previously.
The reason I want that is because that idea can be applied to any shonen/super hero setting and be open for many new ideas and journeys. The format of the gag/parody matters here. That format opens the door to so many possibilities. The fact it will never happen doesn’t matter. It’s the that it isn’t is why OPM took a nose dive in quality.
What possibilities? And why the hell does it matter that the idea is widely applicable? You don't prove anywhere that it is, by the way. This is open ended as hell with 0 justification or supporting details. Am I supposed to just go "oh, DTG499 says it's so, that's the end of that!"? What do you mean by format, and why does it matter? What does that have to do with how the gag was originally conceived? And why doesn't it matter than Saitama will never be beaten, considering it's a core part of the gag? Once again, this is completely subjective and based on your personal enjoyment.

I have many reasons why I think OPM had a dive in quality in specific areas, and none of them are related to your barely coherent point about OPM's gag.
Pick one.
These are not contradictory. Saitama is portrayed as a regular man that achieves the impossible a la mind over matter. Thematically, he represents the infinite possibilities of the everyman, so any human can achieve what he has. However, within the plot of OPM, ONE is not going to write someone that surpasses him, or at least not a villain/monster. There's nothing to say that in their world's future after the main story ends, someone else won't become another Saitama.
My expectations going into one punch man back in 2015 was that he was infact an unbeatable plot device but I grew up and realized it’s much deeper than that.

??? It only worked on gaoru. That’s your point? It’s because gaoru is the only one to reach saitama’s level.
This is a complete non-sequitur and doesn't address anything I said. You've said absolutely nothing when you go "I grew up and realized it's much deeper than that."
And yes, that is my point. How does that disprove what I'm saying?
Again not arguing against that, don’t know why you brought it up.

Yes and now with the introduction of time travel the stakes of “will saitama show up on time” are completely gone. Because he has the instant undo button to fix all the consequences.

Children could predict where this is going.
Do you understand how constructing an argument works? I'm responding to your assertions with counterarguments and analyses/facts that support my arguments. Your responses have consisted solely of "I didn't say that," "you're wrong," or some version of "this is how it is." And I'd like to see your "prediction" of where "this" is going. What do you mean by "this"? The series? The fight that just ended? What? Saitama is not omnipresent or omniscient, he isn't going to be time traveling at the drop of a pin. That's if it's Saitama that time traveled by the way, and not Garou sending him back.

Most of your posts have been circular reasoning and avoid addressing my points. The only point you've made is about the original gag that started the series, which I disagree with heavily. The original gag is based on an unassuming, dumb-looking character than has unlimited power and defeats bad guy with a single blow. The dichotomy is based on cool-ness factors that shonen MCs usually have versus Saitama, as well as the enjoyment of seeing MCs get stronger while pitying Saitama for being too strong. Saitama struggles to find enjoyment again, which is why readers want to see him challenged, but ONE is very clearly stating in the manga and webcomic that this is not the correct path. Saitama is meant to grow past that desire and pursue a different goal. The pursuit-of-challenge part of the gag was never meant to last the entire series, and tying OPM's quality to that is what's really one-dimensional. You've missed the forest for the trees.

Okay to just settle this out now

@Therefir @Emirp sumitpo @Phoenks

So my suggestion is saving the CRT for tomorrow to wait on the chapter to be fully translated and to collect the important scans. Topics are going to be as follows:
  • What Blast scales to AP wise and speed wise
  • Expanding Blast's P&A
  • What calc to go with for the Star Punch if we're not going with the basic 4-A calc
  • Garou's final key (and everything that comes with it) and any minor P&As missing from his other forms
  • Saitama's AP change and resistances
  • What speed Garou and Saitama scale to
  • God's P&A and his physical rating
I think everyone else from the arc is more or less fine or done. But Blast, Saitama, Garou and God will be the major focus point of the CRT.

Also as a warning whenever the thread is made I'm going to be a complete Debbie downer and thread ban people if you derail or post off topic meme content.

So the following topics will not be humored:
  • Any variation of the "Lets f-in go" meme
  • Any mention of seriously attempting to scale Boros to anyone major of this arc

Current Blast was agreed to scale to I think 1/4 or 1/5 of the blast he redirected, and was agreed to not scale to the speed of the blast for a reason I forgot.

Nothing to cry about since he’ll be back with better feats next time.

Nah, I disagree.

The most wanked thing for vsdebates has always been and always will be in-character competency. Most characters are actively really stupid and gimp themselves but people will still treat them as acting as a hyperrational fighter or doing combos they've never come close to replicating in canon.
Game characters with no defined in character behaviour are the absolute worst at this imo.
Even when they have no information analysis precog or superior intelligence feats and a thousand different skills of wich their opponents are immune to 99% and people will still debate them as if they would 100% lead with the most optimal skill choice against said opponent.

Okay to just settle this out now

@Therefir @Emirp sumitpo @Phoenks

So my suggestion is saving the CRT for tomorrow to wait on the chapter to be fully translated and to collect the important scans. Topics are going to be as follows:
  • What Blast scales to AP wise and speed wise
  • Expanding Blast's P&A
  • What calc to go with for the Star Punch if we're not going with the basic 4-A calc
  • Garou's final key (and everything that comes with it) and any minor P&As missing from his other forms
  • Saitama's AP change and resistances
  • What speed Garou and Saitama scale to
  • God's P&A and his physical rating
I think everyone else from the arc is more or less fine or done. But Blast, Saitama, Garou and God will be the major focus point of the CRT.
Blast's portals downscales massively from the serious punch squared for being able to slow it down before getting help from the crew, assuming the feat is 3-B he could be something like "up to 3-C with redirecting attacks with portals"
God shouldn't get a profile

also the feat is most likely 3-B for the reasons given to justify that calc

Back