• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man CGT: Settling the Topic of Serious Punch²

Status
Not open for further replies.
In chapter 167 of One-Punch Man, Saitama and Garou clashed fists, which resulted in a shockwave that wiped out a section of space. This Calc Group Thread's purpose is to discuss which of the calcs below is the best logically, mathematically, and contextually.

PLEASE DO NO DERAIL.

Last edited:
USKLAVEREI's version makes the most sense by far.

The shot of the restored space on Chapter 168 makes arguing for intergalactic distances unjustifiable. There are no visible galaxies there. Murata has drawn galaxies on other panels in the last two chapters, if he wanted there to be galaxies where the void was he would have drawn them.

jea7UCu.png

USKLAVEREI's version makes the most sense by far.

The shot of the restored space on Chapter 168 makes arguing for intergalactic distances unjustifiable. There are no visible galaxies there. Murata has drawn galaxies on other panels in the last two chapters, if he wanted there to be galaxies where the void was he would have drawn them.

jea7UCu.png
Is there proof that what you showed is the hole made in 167?

We quite literally see Garou above Earth earlier in the chapter with Galaxies visible in the background. Intergalactic range makes sense considering what's shown in 168.

Those two galaxies around Garou are obviously just a visual effect. They are too big to be visible from Earth and only appear as Garou poses in that angle.

Nothing was shown that justifies intergalactic ranges.

Those two galaxies around Garou are obviously just a visual effect. They are too big to be visible from Earth and only appear as Garou poses in that angle.

There's still no proof that they are visual effects.

Kachon, stop. We see the Earth's perspective on space multiple times, not once is there any sort of massive cosmos to look at. It was this singular panel of Garou saying something.
Galaxies that close would also not be an intergalactic distance away.

I think in the page itself that shows the respiration of the hole at least heavily implies galaxies are part of that void as we can see notably and discernibly bigger and brighter dots in the sky which are typically what visible galaxies appear to be from earth.

My take would be to have the distance be between the closest galaxy instead of the furthest star for the results.

Many of the calcs also use neutron stars as well which gets it up to 3B even only using the furthest star as a basis which I don’t know if that would be applicable in these circumstances given that there are no tell tale signs of neutron stars being part of that hole.

I think in the page itself that shows the respiration of the hole at least heavily implies galaxies are part of that void as we can see notably and discernibly bigger and brighter dots in the sky which are typically what visible galaxies appear to be from earth.
One of those brighter dots is literally star shaped, with four points and everything. It's more likely that they are simply all meant to be stars closer to Earth.

I dont mean to derail, but if Saitama plopped himself before Garou went on to give everyone there radiation, which is before Serious Punch² happened, then why would the hole in space still be visible? It certainly isn't a case of time still rewinding, it looks more like Saitama just appeared in a certain point in time.

One of those brighter dots is literally star shaped, with four points and everything. It's more likely that they are simply all meant to be stars closer to Earth.
That’s still what galaxies look like from earth. I wouldn’t be so sure since Murata has drawn galaxies in a lot of instances so being on earth and seeing notably bigger and brighter dots in space could very well represent galaxies.

I would like to remind y'all. I'm personally neutral on intergalactic range. The only issue I have is the counter-arguments against it.

They are also technically in outer space, but the problem I have with that none of the galaxies were showed to being destroyed in that scan.

Hell, you can even argue the feat made by Saitama and Garou of making a hole in space make it obvious that not all the galaxies were destroyed if at all.

Last edited:
I dont mean to derail, but if Saitama plopped himself before Garou went on to give everyone there radiation, which is before Serious Punch² happened, then why would the hole in space still be visible? It certainly isn't a case of time still rewinding, it looks more like Saitama just appeared in a certain point in time.
About this

That “hole” you speak of did got reversed as we can still see the stars and other objects in it as well as other things.

I think you overthinking it a bit since it had to do with the drawing if anything.
Ah, I just heard people comparing the first hole and the later "hole", when that shouldn't be possible, considering the hole was time-retconned.

I think I’d use Usklaveirei 3381 ZettaFoe calc.

However if we are gonna use this calc or really any other one, should we also count on how much stronger Saitama got from the Garou fight since there’s a clear graph showing how much stronger they got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back