• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I found something interesting on Reddit. Apparently, Garou deduces that Genos is Saitama's disciple. Then he realizes that Saitama wasn't serious and that's why he did that to Genos so he can copy serious Saitama. If I understand it correctly, this is the confirmation that Garou can copy someone's power level.
So he basically tried to murder an innocent Hero to piss another innocent person off just to make them use more power for himself. I mean he did the equivalent of ripping someone's heart out and then throwing it to that person's best friend and mentor.

Garou is so nice!

I mean, Isn’t this the firs ever confirmed God level thread? Blast appearing to face him is the definition of it.
The power a God level threat should have based on how it's described-Yes.

Blast, the number 1 S-Class Hero rumored to only appear when a God level threat should arrive, actually fighting-Yes.

Blast himself calling Garou a threat to humanity-Yes.

Garou calling himself a God level threat-Yes.

Yeah, Garou is a God level threat. Anyone who denies it at this point is coping.

Blast, the number 1 S-Class Hero rumored to only appear when a God level threat should arrive, actually fighting-Yes.

Yeah, Garou is a God level threat. Anyone who denies it at this point is coping.
Disagree. High Above Dragon, take it or leave it

For real though, where are things supposed to go? It sounds like Garou is being OOC, so like Andy said, either Garou is gonna be OOC now, or it's gonna turn out he's had no agency. And with Genos, either he dies for no reason to fulfill cheap drama, or it's a copout shock bait death and surprise he's not dead. I don't think there's a way for this to be narratively satisfying.

Beginning to think ONE may have blown everything on Mob Pyscho tbh

hmm, to be fair, saitama didnt said that Garou is strong, so garou is a bit weaker than Boros who is just an above dragon

Excellent chapter, unexpected what happened here, well outside the webcomic line, if Murata wants to make the story follow more or less the same path as the web version he will have a lot of work, but if he decides to follow a separate line from the webcomic version ... Well, I would venture to say that the next arc should be the end of the OPM story...

For real though, where are things supposed to go? It sounds like Garou is being OOC, so like Andy said, either Garou is gonna be OOC now, or it's gonna turn out he's had no agency. And with Genos, either he dies for no reason to fulfill cheap drama, or it's a copout shock bait death. I don't think there's a way for this to be narratively satisfying.

Beginning to think ONE may have blown everything on Mob Pyscho tbh
Garou said in this chapter that absolute evil does not need understanding from others and that staying with Tareo will only bring him bad luck. So he decides that he will cut ties with Bang and never appear before Tareo again this chapter. He said that he'll think of it as doing this for Tareo. And in the next page we see Manako finding a Tareo down on the ground.

we'll find out where things are supposed to go when we get there tbh. i wouldn't get all doom and gloom rn, especially when we dont even have translations

6wkrucgl6x691.png

Woke up and read through the chapter immediately...

Guys, what the hell did I just see? Holy shit dude, that was so different and not what I was expecting. But **** I like it a lot.

Also, Garou has passive hax. Must I say more? Passive hax in ******* OPM????? Huh??

The Garou from a few chapters ago who accidentally saved people and couldn't hurt a fly was Garou with full agency.

That Garou could never be considered a real threat, I understand why Murata/One are going down this path.

This wouldn't be an issue if we didn't know what would happen next.

Do we assume Garou's nuclear punches deal as much radiation as a regular nuke? Or do we assume it's more or less the same as his passive radiation that anyone with a baseline survives in space radiation resist could take for a prolonged time?
What about his gamma ray burst? It would still give off unbeliavable amounts of radiation at this size, right?

That Garou could never be considered a real threat, I understand why Murata/One are going down this path
It was really their only choice after stating about 50 times Garou was a secretly good. Either they keep hammering him or they go the possession route to show how power has corrupted him.
Do we assume Garou's nuclear punches deal as much radiation as a regular nuke?
He's using nuclear fission attacks, so everything would act like normal radiation. It's why hair is starting to fall out.

But only Saitama, Garou and maybe blast would have lefitma radiation resistance. The rest are merely just not dying at the moment rather than actively resisting it.

Back