• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
He thought of him as the Monster King before even fighting him, I'm pretty sure he just assumed
Yes, he assumed Garou was the monster king and thought he looked tough which is a luxury not given to Orochi who he fought before. Why would Saitama say Garou look cool and tough and assumed he was the monster king (before realizing Garou is a larper) if he didnt think Garou was stronger than Orochi who he viewed as a misbehaving child?

No the attack went through him just fine, if it failed to go through him at all that'd be resistance. Garou's thing is called limited durability negation for a reason. Because our internal organs feel the shock of our own attacks and the attack from others. Sure far less than what hits you on the outside.

But they still take some amount of the impact. Garou's dura negation wouldn't work on someone who is 3-A or far less. This just means Saitama's insides are able to withstand Garou's attack as their durability surpasses his attack power.

Your organs aren't infinitely inferior, or just equal for every single person. A single Tier 7 punch to the stomach and your organs there would pop like a balloon if they weren't more durable.

No the attack went through him just fine, if it failed to go through him at all that'd be resistance. Garou's thing is called limited durability negation for a reason. Because our internal organs feel the shock of our own attacks and the attack from others. Sure far less than what hits you on the outside.

But they still take some amount of the impact. Garou's dura negation wouldn't work on someone who is 3-A or far less. This just means Saitama's insides are able to withstand Garou's attack as their durability surpasses his attack power.

Your organs aren't infinitely inferior, or just equal for every single person. A single Tier 7 punch to the stomach and your organs there would pop like a balloon if they weren't more durable.
Why would it not go through saitama’s body though, its pressure points

Why would it not go through saitama’s body though, its pressure points
I said it did go through his body.

If it didn't go through his body that'd be resistance. But since it did go through his body it isn't resistance. Just means Garou's attack power is inferior to Saitama's internal organs' durability.

I said it did go through his body.

If it didn't go through his body that'd be resistance. But since it did go through his body it isn't resistance. Just means Garou's attack power is inferior to Saitama's internal organs' durability.
So he has a resistance to pressure points- this is literally just a resistance via raw durability, that’s still a limited resistance isn't it?

Would be like saying surviving fire manip isn’t inherently resistance to fire manip because it could just be durability instead of actual resistance

Just because you resist something doesn’t make you immune to all extensions of the technique, there can be stronger levels of it

I already posted this in the calc request thread, but I thought I would post this here if anyone is interested in trying to calc it. We see far more damage in the redrawn chapter of Saitama punching Rover. Saitama punches Rover causing a huge shockwave and the full scope of what the shockwave did can be seen here: 1, 2, 3 and 4. The last panel really shows how far the damage extends down. And before anyone says that Orochi was the one who made the hole in the last panel he wasn't. The tunnel that Orochi created was only as big as he and from a completely different angle. Also why would he make it bigger? He wanted to hide it from Gyro Gyro as to not reveal his identity. Also the hole is around the same shape as the one Saitama made above and they lead right into each other.

This image
FMcHD93aAAAdtDv
Is there a way to calc Sage's size from this? It has been brought to my attention that Sage's current size is likely very inflated

I believe that Sage's size comes from a statement about how many legs he has.

Find the size of his leg part thing, and multiple by how many he says he has to find his size.

If I'm wrong than please ignore me, I'm really off today I guess. Though that sounds like a good way to find his size, as it relies on a in universe statement.

I believe that Sage's size comes from a statement about how many legs he has.

Find the size of his leg part thing, and multiple by how many he says he has to find his size.

If I'm wrong than please ignore me, I'm really off today I guess. Though that sounds like a good way to find his size, as it relies on a in universe statement.
Yeah, you're right.

Compared to Boros, Garou is taking a lot less damage and dishing a lot more solid strikes.

I'm sure most people would just rely on the argument that Saitama is intentionally holding back more than usual to try debunking it, which they did with webcomic Garou's durability feats. Not that he actually scales to Saitama's strength obviously, but to say that Saitama is holding back his Normal Punch's so much that they don't even at least compare to his strikes with Boros is very lacking in evidence.

Honestly, random thought, if the 3 building thing was actually 3 mountains or mountain-sized rocks, it'd be a lot cooler, although I still doubt it'd be nearly enough for an upgrade. The feats here just feel very underwhelming. I mean, if Garou is so shocked, would that imply that Sage Centipede's entire body mass combined is less durable than a ******* mountain, when a city or small city busting Genos couldn't even scratch Elder Centipede? It's just silly.

I know it's just the typical ridiculous outliers, but I get annoyed by it, regardless.

Is there a way to calc Sage's size from this? It has been brought to my attention that Sage's current size is likely very inflated
If anything, calcing Sage's size here is likely to yield a longer length (multiple thousands of kilometers at least) going off the earth's curvature and the distance you'd have to travel to stand in the sunlight while it's nighttime on the surface below.

From shattering a smol island to breaking buildings to being awestruck at Saitama being tougher than a mountain, neat
I mean a building level feat is a little too high to be in between island and mountain. It should probably be island, mountain, and then multi-building level (weakest to strongest) lol

I actually like the direction this fight is going in, from very early on, Saitama said he saw a bit of his past self in Garou, so trying to help him is almost him reaching out to an alternate version of himself. He doesn't want to just shitstomp Garou and be done, he wants Garou to grow and change, because unlike his other enemies, Garou still has some humanity. He's not completely beyond salvation.

Anyway I like this chapter, my only critiques would be the inconsistent scale of Garou’s destructive capability (which technically doesn’t really matter I suppose) and how glaringly obvious that’ve made it that Garou is basically a grumpy hero. Makes him a bit less cool than his Webcomic counterpart.

Will Garou's keys be reviewed? Here is my suggestion:

At least 7-B (Current Reasoning), up to 6-C (Did this. Defeated Platinum Sperm. One-shot Vomited Fuhrer Ugly.), 6-A with Resonance (Stopped 6666 Leg Grand Drill alongside Metal Bat)

New Key (Around when Garou rips Sage's heart):

At least 6-A (As strong as his previous form with Resonance), up to High 6-A (Split Sage Centipede in a single hit. Saitama thought he might be Monster King while completely ignoring Orochi previously), far higher with Reactive Evolution (Thought he can defeat Saitama despite being outclassed previously. Saitama said he got better than before)

This is just a rough sketch.

Will Garou's keys be reviewed? Here is my suggestion:

At least 7-B (Current Reasoning), up to 6-C (Did this. Defeated Platinum Sperm. One-shot Vomited Fuhrer Ugly.), 6-A with Resonance (Stopped 6666 Leg Grand Drill alongside Metal Bat)

New Key (Around when Garou rips Sage's heart):

At least 6-A (As strong as his previous form with Resonance), up to High 6-A (Split Sage Centipede in a single hit. Saitama thought he might be Monster King while completely ignoring Orochi previously), far higher with Reactive Evolution (Thought he can defeat Saitama despite being outclassed previously. Saitama said he got better than before)

This is just a rough sketch.
I like it.

I agree with this, though I think we should remove the whole incomplete monsterization thing and just have it be Monster Garou
Are people just... Not getting what I mean?

The Garou the got up from the surface wasn't fully monster either. "Monster Garou" would just be the one who's fighting Saitama.

Hell, Platinum Sperm even called him a Half-Monster and said his monsterization was incomplete.

The Garou the got up from the surface wasn't fully monster either. "Monster Garou" would just be the one who's fighting Saitama.

Hell, Platinum Sperm even called him a Half-Monster and said his monsterization was incomplete.
I 100% agree.

I think Platinum was just speaking from a butthurt perspective on Garou’s shitty evil act. Garou back when he just had red hair and a red eye was already considered a half monster by Psykos who is a more trustworthy source than Platinum so Garou cant still be half monster by that point. I think Garou having a full on monster stuff covering him (barring his human eye showing even in his current form for shitty design reasons) is meant to be Awakened Garou.

Actually Platinum was just butthurt Garou choose to attack him instead if teaming up on FF when he called Garou half monster. He was simply assblasted.

Last edited:
Back