• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
He does in the webcomic, and ends up more like a mindless brute
He loses MCGSF much later though. Just because attacks look brutish doesn't mean that they are not martial arts. Many attacks in this manga do. But anyway, you are right. Manga is much different from the webcomic. Also, I don't feel like getting into this debate

Webcomic Garou: "I'm a prodigy. i can easily read the movements of a complete amateur like you. I only need to analyze your stance, point of view and movement patterns to dodge. But there's also center of gravity, muscle tension, breathing energy... Observation of all of those will tell me your "next move". I probably couldn't avoid attacks of your speed with my reflexes... But i'm already dodging before you've attacked. And before your attack motion ends, my attack begins, your reflexes won't be able to keep up. you'll take a direct hit."

Manga Garou: "But his technique is that of a complete amateur, he's got plenty of openings to take advantage of. The reason you're gonna lose is that you have no technique. The next move, the move beyond that, and the move beyond that... I can read them all!"

tfw you cant at least enjoy the fight because there are STILL interruptions about Garou being a hero.

Imagine telling all your friends for years how amazing this fight would be and hyping it up to try and get them to read it but then this dumpster fire happens.

Watch the people Garou unintentionally helped somehow get to the battlefield and help Tareo in trying to convince the heros Garou is good.

Last edited:
I actually like the direction this fight is going in, from very early on, Saitama said he saw a bit of his past self in Garou, so trying to help him is almost him reaching out to an alternate version of himself. He doesn't want to just shitstomp Garou and be done, he wants Garou to grow and change, because unlike his other enemies, Garou still has some humanity. He's not completely beyond salvation.
As much as I like this idea, I doubt Saitama is thinking of it that way. He barely views Garou as an enemy at all, let alone someone who needs to necessarily be saved. In Saitama's eyes, Garou is just a pretty strong but weird Hero playing as a Monster. I doubt he's trying to Talk no Jutsu him, he's just saying what he thinks, and he isn't completely wrong.

At least this Garou has long range attacks dura neg shockwaves and flight now. More than makes up for the worse analytical prediction.
Also, going by the way the building turned into sand i assume this is the same type of shockwave he was using against darkshine.

I cant imagine this Saitama doing his whole “you can’t defeat me” moment and be brutally critical to Garou like his webcomic self was.
Just gonna bring that up to further a point I don't mention much. Saitama specifies that Garou can't win because he's striving for a half-assed Hero hobby, trying to take an easy way out by just being a Monster instead. Which implies that Saitama thinks Garou may have a chance against him if he strives to be an actual Hero instead. So Saitama doesn't think Garou can literally never beat him. Which wouldn't be the case either way because Garou has already come close to breaking his limiter, but it's worth noting imo.

Maybe Saitama was just saying that to make his point stronger, but he sounded pretty literal about it.

I'm sure the community will be stuck again arguing about whether it was Murata or ONE at fault for this when neither should've allowed such an idiotic statement. Garou literally hit Saitama into the ground with arguably enough force to shatter a mountain already in the previous chapter, and Saitama didn't care, and then bombarded him with even stronger attacks, why the hell is this surprising to him, it's so nonsensical.

Should've been near the end of the fight after Garou got multiple upgrades, and there should've been a statement like "This guy is tougher than a planet", or something similar to that scale. Maybe Murata and ONE don't remember the scale they've made.

LYD-sama... I kneel

images

Theory:

Garou's attacks were so powerful that they gave himself a concussion, as his head did not adapt enough to protect itself from Garou's attacks. As a result, his mind tricked itself into believing that his level of power was still at the same stage it was in his first few fights. Thus, someone being tougher than a mountain was highly impressive to him.

Garou already has Analytical Prediction.
I meant as in notifying that it's superior now since before, Garou couldn't do the whole "see the next attack and the attack after and the attack after that" stuff iirc
And that was just a shockwave.
Looked like an air beam at first read but yeah it was probably the shockwave from a buffed open palm strike (like what Matthew mentioned).

Idk what ONE is doing rn with the manga, but with a cover like that I feel like there might be a part 2 too the fight, with an actual monsterized Garou. Cuz there would be no reason for such a despairing quote.

From what I see, Garou is on top of Boros in speed, strength and technique, but still down in DC, I haven't seen anything that puts him near Boros in that item

Even the action is underwhelming! Murata upped the stakes with crazy shit like Psykorochi’s earth cutter, and suddenly we’re supposed to be impressed that Garou destroyed 3 buildings, and the latter is impressed that Saitama is ‘tougher than a mountain’.

Basically the last 3 pages of this thread in a nutshell.

Back