• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
How many years will it take Saitama to destroy the planet if his AP is the level of a small building (100 kg of TNT), and his durab is universe, and his stamina is infinite.

Read the thread.
All the argument is saying that Saitama is hyperbolic in his statement, that his statement doesn't hold any weight without taking account of the context nor Saitama's character and the fact that he is magnitude times stronger than the depiction of what we see.
  • (Which is literally stated in his profile)Reason why we can give him a pass, not like the "true" hyperbolic character such as Sasori, whose abilities on the matter where truly unknown. We just knew that the feats we have at disposition of them and what we can see is most likely a lot if not 100% equal to their full power, unlike Saitama who accomplished a 5-C feat extremely casually and who has maybe if the theory of the limiter is correct, a boudless power/""potential"".Saitama here was just "scolding" Garou, that's why he was saying he said he feels like destroying the planet. He was showing Garou that his monster games mean jack sh*t. It's also a callback to a joke he made in the WC, but the tone is very different here. In the WC he's talking to himself, he's clearly not being serious and is just voicing frustration. In the manga he's talking to Garou and the emphasis is on it being scary, to scare him. A guy in a monster costume that may "overdo it".
5-B is more than 100x stronger than 5-C if you use the highest ap for 5-C and weakest ap for 5-B. Saitama could be 100 times stronger than 5-C and replicate all his feats and be far higher than Orochi who is a 5-C.

And you do realise that something strong enough to destroy the moon can technically destroy the planet too right? If the moon smashed into earth it would still be obliterated, especially if it happened at wayyy faster than light speed like Saitama's moon level punch.

And as someone stated above, how can Saitama specifically know how much strength it takes to destroy the planet? Do you think Saitama one day searched up 'how much force needed to destroy a planet?' and checked to see if he could really do it?

At best it can be "possibly 5-B" and even thats a bit of a stretch (due to Murata not being a very reliable WoG and the "obliterate the planet" statement not having a timeframe, he could be 5-C and destroy the planet in a few days as far as we know). There's 0 feats for a solid 5-B rating.

At best it can be "possibly 5-B" and even thats a bit of a stretch (due to Murata not being a very reliable WoG and the "obliterate the planet" statement not having a timeframe, he could be 5-C and destroy the planet in a few days as far as we know). There's 0 feats for a solid 5-B rating.
Saiki and issei are 5-B with no feats and less statements (from what i have seen)

Saiki and issei are 5-B with no feats and less statements (from what i have seen)
Don't know about Saiki but Issei has much more stuff than Saitama.

"Stated to be capable of destroying the planet several times, and is suggested to potentially be capable of doing so with a single attack at full power"

Saitama doesn't have that second part, which is quite important for a "possibly 5-B" rating.

"Stated to be capable of destroying the planet several times, and is suggested to potentially be capable of doing so with a single attack at full power"

Saitama doesn't have that second part, which is quite important for a "possibly 5-B" rating.
Well the word obliterate is to utterly destroy, which ONE could’ve used any other term but specifically used a term to imply smacking the planet out of existence. If I see a plant dying over the course of a week, I don’t say, “dam that plant got OBLITERATED from existence”…which that also implies that he can do it in one punch if he’ll obliterate it.

It’s almost like different verses have different context and that’s why they get their ratings, that’s crazy

Show me the quote where it says "with a single attack". Because I couldn't find it in 5-B DxD thread. It just says that Issei can only destroy a planet at full power because AxA is imperfect and dangerous to use. Not to mention, there is still the fact that Issei went from 6-B to 5-B. Besides that, afaik this is only 5-B conversation besides the statement that a clash between Great Red and 666 would destroy Earth, Underworld and Heaven which is too vague

Last edited:
This debate would be 100x times better if people just stopped quoting other 5-Bs from other franchises that they lack any knowledge on and focused on what OPM has to back the claim
Well, OPM has the fact that saitama casually did a 5-C feat.
Has the fact that the boros star busting CSRC statement has apparently been a mistranslation and “only” a planet buster attack. (instead this time is comes from the databook of the show not boros himself who probably doesn't even know the extent of his power)
Has the fact that saitama (who gets surprised that he one shots his opponent proving that he himself doesn't know the extent of his strength) straight up blatantly saying that he would obliterate the planet.
Has multiple implications (Or straight up feats) that the top tiers of the verse can definitely perform tier 5 feats pretty easily. (i.e boros holding the earth hinting that he can destroy it, and saitama punching through the moon meaning that he can destroy the moon which is confirmed by the 5-C feat, orochi feat that can be calced to low 5-B)
Has the fact that muruta blatantly said that saitama can blow up the planet if he wants to.

Like not even a ““possibly”” 5-B rating is a possibility? Seriously guys?

Has the fact that the boros star busting CSRC statement has apparently been a mistranslation and “only” a planet buster attack. (instead this time is comes from the databook of the show not boros himself who probably doesn't even know the extent of his power)
Has the fact that saitama (who gets surprised that he one shots his opponent proving that he himself doesn't know the extent of his strength) straight up blatantly saying that he would obliterate the planet.
Has multiple implications (Or straight up feats) that the top tiers of the verse can definitely perform tier 5 feats pretty easily. (i.e boros holding the earth hinting that he can destroy it, and saitama punching through the moon meaning that he can destroy the moon which is confirmed by the 5-C feat, orochi feat that can be calced to low 5-B)
Has the fact that muruta blatantly said that saitama can blow up the planet if he wants to.

Couldn't have worded it any better

Why? People are saying that it's not enough, when similar instances appear in other series' and get accepted.
Then use the examples you know about, so far, every other character quoted had way more material for their 5-B rating, it makes half the debate pointless
True
It isn't "apparently", it was a mistranlation, and I'm pretty sure this is about the anime
This is also true
Can be calced doesn't mean anything for our scaling here, that version was rejected, the feat is High 6-A, and so is Psykos' feat and Boros's feat
He also blalantly said he isn't word of god
I agree that Possibly 5-B works in this situation

I'm neutral on a possibly but
Well the word obliterate is to utterly destroy, which ONE could’ve used any other term but specifically used a term to imply smacking the planet out of existence. If I see a plant dying over the course of a week, I don’t say, “dam that plant got OBLITERATED from existence”…which that also implies that he can do it in one punch if he’ll obliterate it.
the usage of the word "obliterate the planet" doesn't have to mean one shot. I could obliterate a gaming console by repeatedly stomping on it but I won't do it in oneshot.

It isn't "apparently", it was a mistranlation, and I'm pretty sure this is about the anime
This book has drawings from both muruta and one but i couldn't find any proof that it is actually written by them. So i cant confirm if its statements can be used.
Can be calced doesn't mean anything for our scaling here, that version was rejected, the feat is High 6-A, and so is Psykos' feat and Boros's feat
Not in power scaling. I meant the like the implications of it. Muruta has shown us that OPM characters are capable of splitting a part of the earth and pulling a pretty sizeable chunk out of the earths core.
So why assume saitama, someone who can probably one punch every single character in the verse cant destroy the earth with these statements?
He also blalantly said he isn't word of god
Pretty sure he draws the manga and is in alot of Q&As about it. Why wouldn't he be a word of god on the manga.
Also he really said that? Cuz that kinda disproves everysingle Q&A he has ever done💀

I'm neutral on a possibly but

the usage of the word "obliterate the planet" doesn't have to mean one shot. I could obliterate a gaming console by repeatedly stomping on it but I won't do it in oneshot.
true, but in the context of this statement the obliteration means a one and done type of obliteration, what type of flex would that be to repeatedly punch something lol

does anyone know how big is the yggdrasil of little wich academy

This is half a question, half I know the answer they will say)

true, but in the context of this statement the obliteration means a one and done type of obliteration, what type of flex would that be to repeatedly punch something lol
How do you know it's a one and done thing though?

And it's a pretty big flex to say to a guy who karate chopped some huge ass centipede as his best feat that you can destroy the Earth by punching it ten times.

How about we all just shut up and just wait for another feat from this fight instead of pointlessly debating for an upgrade with one statement
there won't be a planetary feat cuz there isn't a suitable target to achieve such results, only a .99x SoL table flip

Back