• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Murata's statement that is backed up by Saitama himself.
We can't even use Murata's opinions to begin with. So it's not back up.

Blowing up the Earth is way different from just threatening to destroy it in a vague way.
he is likely far higher already. Why are you going through all these lengths and mental gymnastics to say he's very far away when he's not?
I'm not going through any mental gymnastics.

Mental gymnastics is thinking two completely unreliable statements and a gap of thousands of times from some of the strongest beings in the series is more than enough.
It's enough because he is already likely far higher. Saitama is not even broken a sweat preforming these feats. He does them casually, and finishes off High 6-A characters off in an instant literally. I don't understand how you can even believe this seriously.
Likely far higher is a meaningless metric for just being vaguely above something to a high extent. None of this is based on any potential 5-B feats.

How can you even take Saitama's word at face value in this case, or simply assume that he's referring to a single punch? Why do we have any reason to believe someone who got 21 points out of 50 on his hero intelligence exam knows how much power is needed to destroy the Earth when he hasn't even come close to that level of destruction?

I'm pretty sure Vegeta's case is a complete different story, he stated he would blow up the Planet, yes, but there is far more to it

Similar power level characters also have feats or statements about destroying Planets, Saitama lacks this. The guide also confirms Vegeta's claim, Saitama also doesn't have this

A better example I believe is Bayonetta and Ifrit from FFXV

The first had Angels (?) being stated to he able to destroy the world, they are High 6-A. Ifrit has the statement of "reducing the Earth to ashes", the feat is listed as High 6-A aswell

It is possible to get a Possibly or Likely 5-B from this I guess (Saitama would be "At least 5-C, possibly 5-B"), but that's pretty much it, his current casual 5-C status does help a lot

We can't even use Murata's opinions to begin with.
Murata get's some of the things he says from ONE. We have no way of knowing if ONE told him specifically, so that's why we take it case by case.

Murata's opinion? How was it his opinion? He said that Saitama could, but he wouldn't bc its not his character. You're acting like he said, "In my opinion he could, but I'm not reliable, so don't trust me"
How can you even take Saitama's word at face value in this case?
We can take Saitama's word because of his prior feats, and Murata. Many other series' do it, and so should we.

ByAsura, I'm going to stop debating this on this thread because this isn't getting anywhere. I'm just going to wait until a real CRT is made. If you want to keep downplaying the verse, despite the clear sources backing it up, then go ahead.

It is possible to get a Possibly or Likely 5-B from this I guess (Saitama would be "At least 5-C, possibly 5-B"), but that's pretty much it, his current casual 5-C status does help a lot
No one was arguing that Saitama should have a solid rating. I'm arguing for a possible/likely. If I was arguing for a solid rating, ByAsura's arguments would be completely valid.

Murata get's some of the things he says from ONE. We have no way of knowing if ONE told him specifically, so that's why we take it case by case.
We take it case-by-case, yes, and case-by-case suggests he didn't get this from ONE.
Murata's opinion? How was it his opinion? He said that Saitama could, but he wouldn't bc its not his character. You're acting like he said, "In my opinion he could, but I'm not reliable, so don't trust me"
Again, the opening of the statement alone suggest it's opinion, and the entire second half is his opinion. You're acting like he said "oh yeah, ONE believes he can destroy the Earth because of this statement from 5 years into the future, but I don't personally think he'd do it."
We can take Saitama's word because of his prior feats, and Murata. Many other series' do it, and so should we.
Murata isn't reliable in this instance.

Prior feats that are, again, not on this level by a massive degree (especially the High 6-A feat he performed against Boros). Your reasoning is ridiculously circular.

Like what? Dragon Ball? Even the Final Fantasy statement has more backing going by the word choice "His flames are powerful enough to possibly turn the world to ashes", and yet even that's merely a possibly rating.
ByAsura, I'm going to stop debating this on this thread because this isn't getting anywhere. I'm just going to wait until a real CRT is made. If you want to keep downplaying the verse, despite the clear sources backing it up, then go ahead.
These sources aren't clear. They're incredibly murky.

At best, you are just being extremely biased.

Last edited:
Like what? Dragon Ball? Even the Final Fantasy statement has more backing going by the word choice "His flames are powerful enough to possibly turn the world to ashes."
Fairy Tail. Phoenix in Fairy Tail was stated to be able to destroy the world, and it makes sense because characters it should be superior to, were already High 6-A.

Saitama implied that he could destroy the Earth, and it makes sense because he is vastly superior to High 6-A characters, and preformed a 5-C feat extremely casually.

Fairy Tail. Phoenix in Fairy Tail was stated to be able to destroy the world, and it's reliable because characters it should be superior to, were already High 6-A.
The statements also have a way different context, such as remotely knowledgeable people in-universe are making the claim multiple times, the plot, and Fairy Tail has 5-A feats that these characters scale to through Laxus.

Before the very recent upgrades, it was Small Country level.

Quoting this page.
So this massively contradicts your point.
Saying "I guess," in this context is not him literally guessing. This is the same as Murata saying, "He could in theory, but he wouldn't because he has no reason to"
I didn't say he was actually guessing, it's just that the definition is used when you are saying something that you think is probably true or correct.

It's more like 'I think he could in theory, but it's not something he'd do in my opinion.'

There's also the fact that it's so out of character that Saitama's statement is obvious hyperbole.

Last edited:
What you're saying. It's more like 'I think he could in theory.'
Which is what it makes sense for him to be saying? Murata basically said that Saitama could, but wouldn't because it's not in character.

Also, how isn't this enough for a likely/possible rating?

He didn't basically say that Saitama could. Murata just said his belief on the matter, so it's not reliable.

Because it's an opinion, a vague/likely hyperbole (one that's probably just adapted from the webcomic panel), and feats that don't support these ratings.

We need more evidence than this.

Because it's an opinion, a vague/likely hyperbole (one that's probably just adapted from the webcomic panel), and feats that don't support these ratings.

We need more evidence than this.
I'll just agree to disagree and wait for a CRT to pop up

As astonishing as it is, it seems like "possibly 5-B Saitama" will not be accepted. But I think both statements should be mentioned in his "likely far higher" section at least

I have a question why Saitama punches EOW to get 5-C and that's not the whole ocean. But why does Boros destroy all of the Earth's surface and oceans, but only get H6-A? I'm not good at math,Can someone tell me.

I don't like this silence. It is like I said something weird
I just don't think anyone cares. I certainly know I don't have the effort to respond.
I have a question why Saitama punches EOW to get 5-C and that's not the whole ocean. But why does Boros destroy all of the Earth's surface and oceans, but only get H6-A? I'm not good at math,Can someone tell me.
Speed in the Kinetic Energy formula is squared.

Vaporizing the ocean with heat-based attacks takes a lot of energy, but moving that much water at those speeds takes even more power.

I just don't think anyone cares. I certainly know I don't have the effort to respond.

Speed in the Kinetic Energy formula is squared.

Vaporizing the ocean with heat-based attacks takes a lot of energy, but moving that much water at those speeds takes even more power.
Thx

More questions, why did Saitama not get Elemental Intangibility Nagatetion with an EOW punch, how to defeat an EOW, have to destroy an eye first But Saitama hasn't done that yet. How did EOW die?

More questions, why did Saitama not get Elemental Intangibility Nagatetion with an EOW punch, how to defeat an EOW, have to destroy an eye first But Saitama hasn't done that yet. How did EOW die?
No it's explicitly shown over and over that it isn't enough to destroy the eyes, like god reread the series

No it's explicitly shown over and over that it isn't enough to destroy the eyes, like god reread the series
So how did EOW die? With Just Punch? That means the durability of the EOW is like Large Country level to Multi-Continent level

Last edited:
We haven't seen evil natural water die yet though? Also why elemental intagibility negation? EOW is literally just a lot of water.

So how did EOW die? With Just Punch? That means the durability of the EOW is like Large Country level to Multi-Continent level
EOW is literally just a lot of water, he doesn't tank anything. We literally see him explode.

Why did the centipede say "it's dead"?
To SC's point of view, EOW seems dead, but I'm pretty sure it's eyeballs are still floating around.

Also if we follow the webcomic EOW does survive after the arc before pig god eats him but at this point, we can yeet the webcomic expectations considering how much the manga deviates

To SC's point of view, EOW seems dead, but I'm pretty sure it's eyeballs are still floating around.

Also if we follow the webcomic EOW does survive after the arc before pig god eats him but at this point, we can yeet the webcomic expectations considering how much the manga deviates
Okay, but if unlike the webcomic and EOW really dies after being punched, will Saitama have Elemental Intangibility Nagatetion?

First, the eyes are watery. And there's still no eye damage, but how does EOW die (in case EOW actually dies).

As far as we known splattering EOA beyond a certain point might be enough to kill it, and the fact he's just water and has always behaved like water means we can't reliably determine its durability.
I think the destruction of the eyeball with fire, ice, or acid(When piggod eat small EOW) is more what makes EOW dead.

Back