• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Reactive Evolution is broken at this point. Growing tens of times stronger in milliseconds is ridiculous. At this rate we can't create matchups of Garou with characters in the same tier.
Although based on what we see in the webcomic, it will likely start to have diminishing returns eventually, and Garou will just get overwhelmed by a certain bald guy.

And yeah if Metal Bat somehow fights on par with current Garou, that's not gonna be great for OPM scaling consistency.

Forget his previous fight with Hero Hunter Garou. The fact that a 100 cell Black Sperm merge was able to dodge Metal Bat with relative ease would make a 100 cell Black Sperm scale to Garou in speed...who beat Platinum Sperm...who is comprised of over a trillion cells.
It only works if Metal Bat has some crazy Reactive Power level amps before he goes on to fight Garou. Since at the moment, Garou is being depicted as hilariously more powerful than him.

Reactive Evolution is broken at this point. Growing tens of times stronger in milliseconds is ridiculous. At this rate we can't create matchups of Garou with characters in the same tier.
the webcomic Reactive Evolution is more broken IMO. And I also like how it is depicted a bit more.

Honestly I wouldn't have even minded it if Metal Bat fought Garou after getting a huge boost. Like, if he got hit with an almost if not fatal blow and was immediately boosted to that level, I wouldn't even mind it. But if Metal Bat fights Garou evenly after getting a little bruised and scratched...

hqdefault.jpg

the webcomic Reactive Evolution is more broken IMO. And I also like how it is depicted a bit more.
Yeah, but it took more time to get stronger. Fighting PS a few milliseconds ago and then one -shotting him; it's crazy how fast he is growing in power.
I personally liked the Manga version of Garou vs Darkshine far more in depiction. It felt so forceful, like breaking through actual chains or something.

Yeah, but it took more time to get stronger. Fighting PS a few milliseconds ago and then one -shotting him; it's crazy how fast he is growing in power.
I personally liked the Manga version of Garou vs Darkshine far more in depiction. It felt so forceful, like breaking through actual chains or something.
Like imagine a Garou matchup here and we could just say "Garou reactive evolution GG".

Honestly I wouldn't have even minded it if Metal Bat fought Garou after getting a huge boost. Like, if he got hit with an almost if not fatal blow and was immediately boosted to that level, I wouldn't even mind it. But if Metal Bat fights Garou evenly after getting a little bruised and scratched...

hqdefault.jpg
True. :confused:

why do many people disagree that metal bat can be as strong as Garou, compared to Garou Metal Bat has more potential to be strong, if Garou can become as strong as he is now in a short time then it is possible that Metal Bat can also be that strong, we don't even know how Metal Bat's emotions at this time, because from the CD Drive and Databook we can conclude that Metal Bat is not getting stronger due to taking damage

That doesn't really make sense, since even HE's tiniest orb spam caved in parts of his body.

I'd say he's just being really casual (or the current scaling is dumb, and will forever be dumb).
Casual sounds about right considering he has no reason to use his full strength.

I don't remember whether a discussion about this was made or not but shouldn't Garou have resistance to mind manipulation since Do-S couldn't brainwash him?

I don't remember whether a discussion about this was made or not but shouldn't Garou have resistance to mind manipulation since Do-S couldn't brainwash him?
It was rejected several months ago as Do-S mind manipulated requires her to harm Garou. Which she obviously can't

When did Garou and Do-S cross paths?
One of the (semi decent) redraws. Can't remember the chapter name

Is it stated anywhere that she needs to damage somebody to brainwash them? It is hard to imagine that Psykos would make Do-S try to brainwash Garou if that was the case. And I am pretty sure the scene is meant to show Garou can resist Do-S.

I don't think Metal Bat scales to Garou yet. For one, Garou even says that he mustn't talk tough because he was beaten by his human form, which implies MB is still inferior to Garou. The second thing is, Metal Bat only tanked a blow from an antenna, which should be calced, but I doubt it is 6-C.

Also, on Darkshine and VFU. This hasn't been said yet, but Fuhrer Ugly gets stronger via humiliation, and the result of that feeling is getting bigger. The bigger he is, the stronger he is. But when he was VFU, the acid prevented him from growing even if he was humiliated, because he needed to regenerate constantly to not get melted and disappear. VFU is as big as Darkshine, but he was much bigger before getting eaten by Gums. So I'd say peak Fuhrer Ugly (the version that fought Bang) was probably way more powerful than Darkshine.

That's not stated, and Fuhrer strongly implies it isn't the case, even claiming his digestive acids get stronger.

Also, VFU varies in size just as much as FU. In his first appearance, he's comparable to Gums, who was taller than him. After fighting DS, his forearm alone is as big as person, and his fists are the size of people's torsos in the next chapter.

His body basically is acid at this point (requiring protein to maintain this amorphous form) and he even digests it, so I don't even see why he'd be constantly regenerating.

Last edited:
I don't think Metal Bat scales to Garou yet. For one, Garou even says that he mustn't talk tough because he was beaten by his human form, which implies MB is still inferior to Garou. The second thing is, Metal Bat only tanked a blow from an antenna, which should be calced, but I doubt it is 6-C.

Also, on Darkshine and VFU. This hasn't been said yet, but Fuhrer Ugly gets stronger via humiliation, and the result of that feeling is getting bigger. The bigger he is, the stronger he is. But when he was VFU, the acid prevented him from growing even if he was humiliated, because he needed to regenerate constantly to not get melted and disappear. VFU is as big as Darkshine, but he was much bigger before getting eaten by Gums. So I'd say peak Fuhrer Ugly (the version that fought Bang) was probably way more powerful than Darkshine.
well we know that his acids supposedly got stronger after getting beat up by GS and HE so by virtue wouldnt his durability have to increase to keep up?

In both cases he is implying what grows stronger is his digestive acids, not his physical body.

Also, VFU varies in size just as much as FU. In his first appearance, he's comparable to Gums, who was taller than him.
Gums can change size when he is eating (as Pig God and Tank Top Master witnessed when Gums appeared on the surface), so his body would naturally adapt to eat a bigger prey. Gums has been consistently drawn at a similar height to Pig God, and not that much bigger than Genos or TTM. Meanwhile, Fuhrer Ugly's fist was bigger than Bang's full size, who is comparable in height to Genos.

Which is still much smaller than when he fought Bang.

His body basically is acid at this point and he even digests it, so I don't even see why he'd be constantly regenerating.
He is constantly regenerating.

In both cases he is implying what grows stronger is his digestive acids, not his physical body.
Firstly, he's not implying that in the first quote. Secondly, his digestive acids basically are his body.
Gums can change size when he is eating (as Pig God and Tank Top Master witnessed when Gums appeared on the surface), so his body would naturally adapt to eat a bigger prey. Gums has been consistently drawn at a similar height to Pig God, and not that much bigger than Genos or TTM. Meanwhile, Fuhrer Ugly's fist was bigger than Bang's full size, who is comparable in height to Genos.
He wasn't eating before that scene, and was still comparable to Fuhrer even before he got a bite. I really don't get how this even changes anything anyway because Gums is larger than Fuhrer while trying to eat him, and VFU is larger than this specific Gums.
Which is still much smaller than when he fought Bang.
His extremely inconsistent size that varies depending on fear factor.
He is constantly regenerating.
I don't see that in the panel. I see his body falling apart and bubbling.

Firstly, he's not implying that in the first quote. Secondly, his digestive acids basically are his body.

He wasn't eating before that scene, and was still comparable to Fuhrer even before he got a bite. I really don't get how this even changes anything anyway because Gums is larger than Fuhrer while trying to eat him, and VFU is larger than this specific Gums.

why would he need protein if his body was digestive fluids

No. He's just covered in them.

He doesn't need to eat to change in size, he showed that against TTM. And after Gums eats something, his body gets back to his original size. VFU being comparable in size is because he had been melted inside his stomach.

Nah, FU is clearly bigger before getting eaten in every single panel. It is consistent against Child Emperor and Bang.

It is falling apart because the acid is melting it. It is getting back because the feeling of inferiority makes him grow bigger, aka regenerating. It is a constant struggle between him getting stronger while getting melted too.

No. He's just covered in them.
And vomits and reconsumes the acid. It absolutely can't just be confined to his flesh.
Because the acid has consumed his physical body. Are you suggesting VFU is all acid and moves without a solid body inside it?
I'm suggesting that he's become acid and needs protein to maintain his acid form.
He doesn't need to eat to change in size, he showed that against TTM. And after Gums eats something, his body gets back to his original size. VFU being comparable in size is because he had been melted inside his stomach.
You can see defined fingers, and Fuhrer is pressing against his body the entire time, creating elastic stretching sounds.
Nah, FU is clearly bigger before getting eaten in every single panel. It is consistent against Child Emperor and Bang.
It isn't, unless you want to claim SW is twice as large as CE. Hell, there's even this panel. Even his body is warped proportionally.

All I'm saying is that you don't have to look hard for massive size differences. You can pick and choose any panel to get any size for VFU and FU, especially if they're supposed to be intimidating or stylised. For example, his fist is also about Bang's size in this panel.
His eyes don't melt even when he's falling apart, so it doesn't surprise me there's some level of blood. Otherwise, his body is portrayed as an amorphous mass, and he mustn't have a very defined form if he's capable of lasting extremely long periods after eating his own acid.
It is falling apart because the acid is melting it. It is getting back because the feeling of inferiority makes him grow bigger, aka regenerating.
Or he's falling apart because he's basically acid, at this point. In your panel, it only suggests he's melting into a puddle on the exterior (unless Spring can somehow tell he's got a remaining body) and swelling.

Which isn't shown. Also, it previously took time for him to melt, so him melting in an instant doesn't make much sense.

Speaking of time, it also didn't take all that much time for the other parts of his body to melt. So why didn't his flesh regenerate if he uses regeneration to keep his remaining body intact?

Edit: To clarify something else, I do think there’s parts of his body that are still intact, but the arguments are that he’s constantly regenerating his remaining body.

Last edited:
On stuff like the Darkshine, Flashy Flash, & even MB scaling:

What if, and I know this may be controversial, but what if Platinum Sperm = or slightly > than Golden Sperm in physicality? At least how they are drawn, Golden seems built for power while Platinum seems built for speed.

Platinum doesn't necessarily need to be a million times stronger than Golden just faster (this is all speculation). He might be physically stronger than Golden but not to the level that basically turns Darkshine into fodder.

Cause I know if Darkshine comes back and has a crazy durability or physical feat some people may lose their minds depending on how low they have him on the physical scale and how many imaginary tiers they have placed him below Platinum S and current Garou.

Back