• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
You think a little intermission of Psykos v fubuki will happen? Aint fubuki exhausted tho. I think SC is gonna be a one and done type of villain(maybe not one but like 2/3 lol) and die within 2 or 3 chapters. MB gets taken out and I personally think Amai is gonna redeem himself. Peeps probs gonna think I’m dumb but AM is gonna smack Garou around for like a moment then lose.
The manga keeps throwing curveballs, it might follow the webcomic to some extent in later chapters but the story's still full of a lot of unknowns. We'll probably get Sage Centipede's defeat next chapter and I don't think anyone has a good idea for how Garou will awaken, I'm not sure if Amai will even come back soon, but if he does then I hope he triggers something.

The manga keeps throwing curveballs, it might follow the webcomic to some extent in later chapters but the story's still full of a lot of unknowns. We'll probably get Sage Centipede's defeat next chapter and I don't think anyone has a good idea for how Garou will awaken, I'm not sure if Amai will even come back soon, but if he does then I hope he triggers something.
Some people think this is Awakened Garou, but I really hope not. Not only is his design not that fitting in my opinion, but he just doesn't feel strong enough to be that version of Garou yet.

I'm expecting and hoping that he'll have another transformation after something big happens, concealing his eye, but not making him unconscious again.

But it is pretty clear that this transformation being sort of portrayed as more of a suit of armor is set-up for when Saitama comments about Garou just wearing a costume, and how eventually it literally breaks off into solid pieces when Garou loses.

You think a little intermission of Psykos v fubuki will happen? Aint fubuki exhausted tho. I think SC is gonna be a one and done type of villain(maybe not one but like 2/3 lol) and die within 2 or 3 chapters. MB gets taken out and I personally think Amai is gonna redeem himself. Peeps probs gonna think I’m dumb but AM is gonna smack Garou around for like a moment then lose.
In an earlier chapter Pig God was described to have tons of energy. She might get rejuvenated from him tbh.

Some people think this is Awakened Garou, but I really hope not. Not only is his design not that fitting in my opinion, but he just doesn't feel strong enough to be that version of Garou yet.

I'm expecting and hoping that he'll have another transformation after something big happens, concealing his eye, but not making him unconscious again.
Although I don't think this is Awakened Garou, Saitama punching EOW and Flashy vs Garou were when Garou was AG. I hope Bang waking Garou up isn't the manga version of Awakened Garou.

I’m still confidently holding on to Garou getting triggered again, without redraws the possible options are:
•Tareo fake death
•AM triggering Garou cuz AM just knows how to do that stuff
•SC somehow gets a massive boost and KO’s Garou into a deep sleep
•New character introduction/God(hopefully not) being the cause

Eh on Tatsumaki Vs Saitama reaching or exceeding Tatsumaki Vs Psykorochi.

Tatsumaki is weakened in that fight and while Saitama and Tatsumaki are capable of large scale attacks and very likely haven't shown the peak of what they can do, they both try to use as much power necessary such as Tatsumaki's city twist that has much more AP then it showed or Saitama only using whatever level of lunch is
necessary rather than spamming serious punch.

Personally just hoping Tatsumaki shows off more hax in that fight to buff her and give Saitama resistances.
Yeah this. They're fight is at best kind of just a brawl and I doubt Tatsumaki would do anything crazy in a populated area

Tatsumaki wouldn't try that hard on Saitama. Even if she'd get agitated at his surprising resilience, I highly doubt Tatsumaki would get that serious against another Hero. It'd be more in-character to just make an excuse like "An A-Class Hero isn't worth my time" and move on. Who knows though. But you also have the fact that it happens mostly in populated areas, where Tatsumaki needs to limit herself, but of course, the manga is so much different that we have no idea how the entire encounter will go.

Saitama after ENO didn't from a serious punch
cover2.jpg

Does anyone have the quote where it states Saitama was shrouded in Boros's energy and that's why his clothes didn't burn from re-entry heat?

I've read atmospheric reentry heat can reach temperatures of 3000 degrees. Would it be fair to assume Boros's energy blast are also this temperature?

I'm just trying to think of things we may have overlooked tbh. Is there a way to quantify heat via how fast Saitama traveled through the atmosphere?

he was traveling at sub-rela speeds, so it would be insanely high temperature
Could make Boros all the more power in a sense. Heat is hard to counter. It makes sense why one mentioned the heat blasts being a threat to Garou. Who already has heat resistance against Orochi.

Portions (by that I mean almost the whole post) from a good Reddit post that highlights some of my views on the chapter:

"Let's start establishing one thing: a parody story is still a story, so it still needs to adhere to the rules of storytelling, such as foreshadowing threats, avoiding deux ex machinas, keeping characters consistent, respecting character arcs, and paying attention to the tone.

Now, I would argue that the biggest parody element in OPM is Saitama himself. If you pay close attention, aside from his effect on the plot, everyone in the story takes the dramatic events extremely serious. Saitama is there precisely to deflate the tension and make a parody of the "extremely built up shonen villain".

With that said, it should be easier to understand that Garou is not the point of the "parody". He is not "in" on the joke that the readers are - that all his efforts to become the ultimate villain are useless, given Saitama. In fact, he takes his quest very seriously, as most OPM do.
However, Garou is developing a character arc, and this character arc has been butchered ever since he started too show too much of his good side, especially after his fight against Bang.

Garou started tearing a guy's arm off, remember that. Then he fought TTM and Mumen Rider, seriously injuring them both, and then he fought monsters and heroes alike. Part of his character was exactly that: to become an unstoppable menace, to lose more and more of his human side to complete his quest. However, if he wakes up, kills VFU, kills PS, does nothing to FF, fights Sage Centipede, helps save the chopper, "teams up" with Metal Bat - it becomes too obvious that his character arc has taken a brutal, sudden shift away from the direction it was going. He is no longer conducting evil regardless of his foe, he is being in fact extremely selective in just hunting monsters now.

Yes, deep down he might be a good guy. Deep down there might have been "hints" that he is not that bad, but these were only supposed to be the shreds of hope that you, reader, can attach yourself to so you can think there might a chance of redemption for him. These hints were supposed to come into play later on, not evolve into straight up good actions thinly disguised by an angry attitude.

Garou turning worse and worse was an expectation created by the manga that is now being poorly subverted. The fact that he is now fighting a random monster that came out of nowhere with almost no foreshadowing makes it even worse - that is just unnecessarily dragging the fight at this point, and absolutely annihilating the tone of despair that was being set up there and then for random comedic relief. Even parodies need to respect tone, and know when to break the tension. Here the tension is being broken too soon."

And another from a comment in the same post:

"I find that people often confuse "stakes" with "drama."

OPM has never had any real stakes, and that's the point. But it's always been dramatic.
And you don't need stakes for things to be dramatic. Stakes are something present in the logistics of the plot, while drama is more of an emotional resonance.

In other words, you can be fully aware that there is no real danger in a story. But if the characters feel they are in danger, and that's presented in a believable way, it will still invoke good emotions for the reader. OPM is full of examples. Characters are fighting for their lives, and it's still scary and tense as hell even though we all know Saitama is standing 15 feet away.

The story never having stakes in the past is not an excuse for the manga to have suddenly lost all the dramatic tension now.
The story has always been able to balance the dramatic tone with the comedy perfectly well before without losing anything. The fact everyone suddenly finds the new chapters underwhelming and is experience tonal whiplash is not just coincidence.

The final fight before the climax is not be the time to start doing slapstick routines with Saitama and a frenemy sitcom with Garou and Metal Bat.
"

Portions (by that I mean almost the whole post) from a good Reddit post that highlights some of my views on the chapter:

"Let's start establishing one thing: a parody story is still a story, so it still needs to adhere to the rules of storytelling, such as foreshadowing threats, avoiding deux ex machinas, keeping characters consistent, respecting character arcs, and paying attention to the tone.

Now, I would argue that the biggest parody element in OPM is Saitama himself. If you pay close attention, aside from his effect on the plot, everyone in the story takes the dramatic events extremely serious. Saitama is there precisely to deflate the tension and make a parody of the "extremely built up shonen villain".

With that said, it should be easier to understand that Garou is not the point of the "parody". He is not "in" on the joke that the readers are - that all his efforts to become the ultimate villain are useless, given Saitama. In fact, he takes his quest very seriously, as most OPM do.
However, Garou is developing a character arc, and this character arc has been butchered ever since he started too show too much of his good side, especially after his fight against Bang.

Garou started tearing a guy's arm off, remember that. Then he fought TTM and Mumen Rider, seriously injuring them both, and then he fought monsters and heroes alike. Part of his character was exactly that: to become an unstoppable menace, to lose more and more of his human side to complete his quest. However, if he wakes up, kills VFU, kills PS, does nothing to FF, fights Sage Centipede, helps save the chopper, "teams up" with Metal Bat - it becomes too obvious that his character arc has taken a brutal, sudden shift away from the direction it was going. He is no longer conducting evil regardless of his foe, he is being in fact extremely selective in just hunting monsters now.

Yes, deep down he might be a good guy. Deep down there might have been "hints" that he is not that bad, but these were only supposed to be the shreds of hope that you, reader, can attach yourself to so you can think there might a chance of redemption for him. These hints were supposed to come into play later on, not evolve into straight up good actions thinly disguised by an angry attitude.

Garou turning worse and worse was an expectation created by the manga that is now being poorly subverted. The fact that he is now fighting a random monster that came out of nowhere with almost no foreshadowing makes it even worse - that is just unnecessarily dragging the fight at this point, and absolutely annihilating the tone of despair that was being set up there and then for random comedic relief. Even parodies need to respect tone, and know when to break the tension. Here the tension is being broken too soon."

And another from a comment in the same post:

"I find that people often confuse "stakes" with "drama."

OPM has never had any real stakes, and that's the point. But it's always been dramatic.
And you don't need stakes for things to be dramatic. Stakes are something present in the logistics of the plot, while drama is more of an emotional resonance.

In other words, you can be fully aware that there is no real danger in a story. But if the characters feel they are in danger, and that's presented in a believable way, it will still invoke good emotions for the reader. OPM is full of examples. Characters are fighting for their lives, and it's still scary and tense as hell even though we all know Saitama is standing 15 feet away.

The story never having stakes in the past is not an excuse for the manga to have suddenly lost all the dramatic tension now.
The story has always been able to balance the dramatic tone with the comedy perfectly well before without losing anything. The fact everyone suddenly finds the new chapters underwhelming and is experience tonal whiplash is not just coincidence.

The final fight before the climax is not be the time to start doing slapstick routines with Saitama and a frenemy sitcom with Garou and Metal Bat.
"
Beautiful

Almost 100% completely agree. Only thing I'm partial on is the very end where it says Saitama doing something funny is unneeded and unwanted. I mean, yeah, it isn't narratively impactful by any means, but I definitely don't dislike it. I think the Saitama section was the best part of the chapter by a big margin, actually. But other than that the post almost perfectly encapsulates my views.

Well since everyone else has done it, i might aswell give my 2 cents here. If the latest chapter was a one shot comedy one (meaning every other chapter from now on will keep a consistent serious tone) then personally im fine with it and have no problem forgetting about it really. Now on the other hand, if this is a pattern where we get some serious chapters and then some goof balls then that just demolishes the tone of the arc and especially the climax. For now, i remain optimistic that in the end everything will turn out well and i hope ONE and Murata don't prove me wrong.

Almost 100% completely agree. Only thing I'm partial on is the very end where it says Saitama doing something funny is unneeded and unwanted. I mean, yeah, it isn't narratively impactful by any means, but I definitely don't dislike it. I think the Saitama section was the best part of the chapter by a big margin, actually. But other than that the post almost perfectly encapsulates my views.
Yes. Saitama vs EOW was the best part of the chapter and I think an overall fine, as long as EOW isn't dead for spoiler reasons.

The audiobook thing is just Genos not being able to properly measure Saitama's physical strength. As for his interaction with Glasses, there's a whole 3 year period where Saitama was one-shotting opponents he might have had difficulty with prior.

The narrative thing is just their own take on the situation, so I don't have to address it.

The reason for Saitama one-shotting himself from the previous day is left a mystery on purpose. Saitama saying it's unreliable data was literally just him trying to come up with a random explanation so he finally could get Genos to fix the wall. On the other hand, it is indeed simulated versions of Saitama, and while it isn't supposed to be a legitimate explanation, Saitama himself does at the end of the day say it's just unreliable data. Regardless, Saitama being able to one-shot himself from the previous day is just speculation, and if it were true, that'd honestly just be silly, even for Saitama standards, and would mean that the Saitama who fights Garou is likely thousands of times stronger than the one who fights Boros, if not more, which is wrong for so many reasons.

Genos has absolutely no idea who or what Boros was, let alone how powerful he is. That is completely random and blatantly wrong. The only earthling who ever knew Boros was Saitama. I have no idea what he means by Genos saying that CSRC is planet level in the databook. And Genos' statements about Gouketsu are barely even reliable at all. The best I'd say is that it should place Gouketsu substantially above Carnage Kabuto, maybe even the meteor if you really wanted to be out there with it, but saying it makes Gouketsu even close to, let alone above Boros' level, is absolutely ridiculous. Not to mention, Genos doesn't actually say he thinks Saitama can't win, he says that Gouketsu's menacing "aura" of sorts reminds him of Saitama, and that he's so strong, Genos believes the only SAFE method would be to have Saitama and the S-Class team up. That isn't the same as Genos thinking Saitama can't beat him, he's saying he doesn't want to risk it.

Last edited:
Even though it'd be extremely inconsistent, I'm praying that Darkshine somehow ends up scaling to the current contenders, not only to buff him, but to buff everyone above him.
how would it be inconsistent?

The only people who will scale to 6-C as of this moment are:

• Sage Centipede
  • Evil Ocean Water
  • Evolved Pre-Awakening Garou
  • possibly fighting spirit Metal Bat

how would it be inconsistent?

The only people who will scale to 6-C as of this moment are:

• Sage Centipede
  • Evil Ocean Water
  • Evolved Pre-Awakening Garou
  • possibly fighting spirit Metal Bat
He got knocked out and visibly harmed by Golden Sperm punching him. Garou>Platinum Sperm>>>Golden Sperm>>>>>>>>>>Darkshine. Darkshine somehow scaling even remotely to current Garou would be weird.

He got knocked out and visibly harmed by Golden Sperm punching him. Garou>Platinum Sperm>>>Golden Sperm>>>>>>>>>>Darkshine. Darkshine somehow scaling even remotely to current Garou would be weird.
OH! I read your previous comment wrong. I thought you said the 6-C scaling was inconsistent. My bad.

Reactive Evolution is broken at this point. Growing tens of times stronger in milliseconds is ridiculous. At this rate we can't create matchups of Garou with characters in the same tier.

And yeah if Metal Bat somehow fights on par with current Garou, that's not gonna be great for OPM scaling consistency.

Forget his previous fight with Hero Hunter Garou. The fact that a 100 cell Black Sperm merge was able to dodge Metal Bat with relative ease would make a 100 cell Black Sperm scale to Garou in speed...who beat Platinum Sperm...who is comprised of over a trillion cells.

Back