• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I'm personally it ain't getting TOO high. As it'll likely make the scaling chain a bit more complicated for matches and stuff. It'd be more convenient if it got Low 7-B or something like that I hope

I found this calc (IDK how good it is) which used Violent Frag and just based the mountains off of the irl mountains in the Saitama Prefecture and they got Low 7-B. So even if we can't argue for a different method if we can change the height we could get much better results.

Oh shit, if this gets higher than the EC 7-B, this really boutta **** up the scaling lmao
Yeah, in that case we go from " all high demons up to most high dragons being low 7-B" to "most mid-demons to most high dragons are 7-B". It's better when the vsbattles tiers correspond to the tiers in verse, although obviously the feats don't line up 100%.

Last edited:
At that point, if the result is unable to be upscaled, then we should really go with a "likely far higher" For dragon level characters

Vaporization would probably be more likely than melting when it comes to actually destroying the crust with "scorching", but since the crust is being destroyed via a heat based method (you can't actually scorch stone in the literal sense of the word, let alone destroy it in such a manner), I think melting's a good lowball.
Vaporization is not more likely. That would be searing. Scorching is blackening the surface layer with heat, like when someone's skin is charred during a fire. Here's an example of scorched land during a bushfire. Melting is not a good low-ball, it's a massive high-ball.

What you can't do is melt typical forms of concrete (some forms can melt, from what I've heard), they just blacken and lose integrity. That is literally scorching.

Last edited:
Probably not. Even disintegration wouldn't cover that. However, that doesn't mean we should wank it to melting, if anything we should low-ball it to 183 petatons.

Last edited:
what? Can't get the point? You are arguing that a high 6-A large effort attack power should always be a calculate high 6-A feat.
the attack was done to by a significantly weakened Tatsumaki that attacked Psykos' body, only her shields are rated High 6-A her actually body is very likely less than that

I think I found a technicality on the Genos thing. I'll post a calculation later.

Vaporization is not more likely. That would be searing. Scorching is blackening the surface layer with heat, like when someone's skin is charred during a fire. Here's an example of scorched land during a bushfire. Melting is not a good low-ball, it's a massive high-ball.

What you can't do is melt typical forms of concrete (some forms can melt, from what I've heard), they just blacken and lose integrity. That is literally scorching.
Concrete does melt. The "you can't melt concrete" thing is more that it takes so much energy to melt concrete, that it is impractical. Obviously when we're talking about intergalactic alien warlords destroying the crust of a planet, the restrictions that DIY guys face do not apply. Plus if that were true, the melting point of concrete would not have much bearing on what happens to the planet's largely granitic and other igneous rock crust, which is what being destroyed. Someone made a point earlier about energy distribution and why melting wouldn't work- I think he suggested that shockwaves might actually end up destroying the crust.

This is not possible, given what we've seen from Boros in the manga. His very flamey explosions are incredibly energy dense and don't produce potentially destructive shockwaves like a nuclear bomb or a Gouketsu attack. The anime does add some shockwaves to the fight, but we don't see those in the manga. In order for a shockwave method to be legit, we would have to assume that CSRC is going to do most of the damage with shockwaves unlike Boros's other attacks. Since we haven't seen that from Boros, I think it would be safer to assume almost anything else. Since we have "the destruction of the crust" and the "scorching" statements, we know that those two are the two requirements. Since granitic rock (75% of the crust) cannot scorch, we must assume a heat-based destructive method like vaporization or melting in line with what we see in chapters 35 and 36.

If they did produce giant shockwaves, results from a nuclear type planet-wide shockwave will still yield results way too low to actually destroy the crust. While in theory it only takes 17 petatons to fragment the entire crust, there's a huge energy distribution problem with such methods. 71% of the earth's crust is underneath the world's oceans and much of energy that is would destroy the underlying crust would mitigated by it. That is unless the energy were perfectly transmitted through the earth in order to avoid being dispersed in the oceans, like with an earthquake attack.

Now it takes about 700 petatons to vaporize the earth's oceans and since Boros is going to destruct most of the crust, not just the 29% above water, we need to consider the oceans as well. The current melting low end is a bit of lowball since it's only about twice that value, but I wanted to keep it safe and say CSRC would pass muster by just melting the upper kilometer of oceanic crust- what we considered to be the bare minimum for "destroying" the earth's crust as a whole. Perhaps I should add a vaporization end for your consideration?

Some forms of concrete melt, some forms also don't because they just completely lose integrity. Even the site you nabbed from (a Quora-esque site, no less) says this. If it can melt the surface of the planet, that's completely up to you to prove because we don't actually have any statement suggesting he can. Also, you were the one who brought up the argument that stone doesn't scorch, I'm just debunking that argument and showing that it actually scorches before it melts.

Firey as they are (something I never disagreed with and can also prove my point), Boros' blasts produce destructive shockwaves even more than they melt stuff. You need to read the manga again.

It could very well scorch the surface, though. Also, as I told Emirp, noting suggests that the entire crust of the planet will be scorched, surface can just refer to the top layer and not the crust/upper crust. Notably, you can't scorch water in the first place, and many surface-wiping feats/statements actually don't refer to the literal crust of the entire planet.

No, vaporization is pulled out of thin air. Literally nothing suggests full-scale vaporization and melting.

Last edited:
Asura, you can't scorch water. CSRS wipes out the planet's surface/crust. That also includes oceanic crust. To get to the oceanic crust, he has to get through the oceans as well. As i just said, you can't scorch water. Even though Boros' attacks in the manga are scorching, we can't use that.

Asura, you can't scorch water. CSRS wipes out the planet's surface/crust. That also includes oceanic crust. To get to the oceanic crust, he has to get through the oceans as well. As i just said, you can't scorch water. Even though Boros' attacks in the manga are scorching, we can't use that.
Yes, that's what I said. I also said surface might not refer to literally the entire crust. It can be used in the context of upper layer, or the above surface portion that civilization sits on.

Plus, you've basically admitted you have no real evidence with that last part.

Last edited:
As a minimum, at least, we could also use the global temperature to scorch the land (I'll try to do that later).

Back