• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Yes, that's what I said. I also said surface might not refer to literally the entire crust. It can be used in the context of upper layer, or the above surface portion that civilization sits on.

Plus, you've basically admitted you have no real evidence with that last part.
I have no evidence, but It would still make more sense than scorching. Also, you saying that it may just be the upper layer is a huge assumption, considering he just said surface, not upper layer.

You misunderstood me. I meant upper layer (as in crust), or the civilization layer (even more commonly referred to as "surface" than the crust layer) as an alternative.

Low-ball doesn't mean they're correct.

Plus, it's not really even low-balled. I specifically showed the crater size to prove that it was pretty accurate.

It seems to me that you don't trust it because the feat isn't very high, but fine.

Because it's not touching the clouds, it's perspective. Notice that the mountain in the back is partially obscuring the cloud in the back.

Keep in mind that I'm assuming you're referring to this panel because you haven't actually shown me anything.

Plus, this cloud layer can actually form less than 1,500 feet (457.2 m) above ground. You're also still ignoring that we never even see the full mountains in this panel, and that the crater size is totally inconsistent with that kind of height.

I showed you a photo in the one before this, but you must have missed the edit.

Notice how the clouds in the foreground look like they're above the level of the mountains, but the ones in the background look like they're behind it? That's perspective. Here's another example. The clouds are so massive and at such a high altitude that they look like they're at the same level as the mountains from certain positions, like at or below the level of the peaks themselves.

Plus, once again, the crater size is inconsistent with that kind of height, and we don't see the full mountains in that shot. The trees you talk about actually kind of proves my point.

@Kacho So is assuming that the entire crust will be blown away. They don't actually say the crust, just the surface.

@Tetsu Could I have the panel?

Edit: Found it. Thank you for telling me.

Given the size of the door that Genos and Saitama are next to, I'd still say it's fairly small for an 8-storey building. 3 m per floor seems reasonable, and every other corridor in this chapter seems to be about that size.

@Kacho So is assuming that the entire crust will be blown away. They don't actually say the crust, just the surface.
The definition of surface is the uppermost layer of something. Boros said, "...wipe you out together with this planet's surface." If hes talking about the planet's surface (uppermost layer), he would obviously be talking about the crust, which includes the oceanic crust. As we know, water can't get burned. We cant use scorching for CSRC.

Surface means outside or uppermost layer, actually. So it literally can be both by definition. Think about it, 'polishing the surface' refers to the outside and not the uppermost layer.

@Kachon123 How do we know that when he's says planet surface, he's taking into a account the oceanic crust? Afaik, most exoplanets don't have an ocean of liquid

In all fairness, he'd need to be blind or not have some kind of sensors to not know that the Earth has oceans.

Or I guess he wasn't referring to earth in general? Like, he spends most of his time in his throne room, which has now windows or cameras, and the first the ship did when it went to earth was go to City A, not sight seeing

Would it be okay to add that to the CSRC calc? I mean it doesn't move the number up that much and it's a pretty fair assumption imo.

Except, can you prove he saw it tho? He spends most of his time in his throne room. If you look at the room, how could he have seen what's outside? Plus, he could even just be referring to planets in general.

He does, IIRC. It's likely that he'd know there's water if there's organic life, as well.

Anyway, the new high-end is Large Town level.

Plus, even if we discard the whole, "crust, or no crusts" arguments, Oceans are part of the earth's surface, and you can't "wipe out" oceans by scorching, so scorching is still out of the window.

Plus, even if we discard the whole, "crust, or no crusts" arguments, Oceans are part of the earth's surface, and you can't "wipe out" oceans by scorching, so scorching is still out of the window.
Isn't that what we're arguing as well? What are you proposing exactly?

I think using the 183 petaton explosion calc is probably the safest method for now

Back