• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
It's not. If ONE says God is VBW tier 0 in his eyes but all we see from God in the WC/manga is merely moon-level feats or nothing close to tier 0 then ONE's word is as good as nothing.
Could matter in the OPM verse be more durable? Could it just be a fraction of God's power? Could he not be trying? There are ways around such a thing.

Could matter in the OPM verse be more durable? Could it just be a fraction of God's power? Could he not be trying? There are ways around such a thing.
The only way around it is by giving God feats that would grant him tier 0. ONE's word alone means nothing and the same applies to any author, writer, a director that theoretically says something similar in this hypothetical scenario.

If ONE does an interview today saying "Using VBW standards, in my eyes Saitama can destroy the multiverse." no one in their right mind should take that seriously because he has zero feats to back it.

The only way around it is by giving God feats that would grant him tier 0. ONE's word alone means nothing and the same applies to any author, writer, a director that theoretically says something similar in this hypothetical scenario.

If ONE does an interview today saying "Using VBW standards, in my eyes Saitama can destroy the multiverse." no one in their right mind should take that seriously because he has zero feats to back it.
It's not that his word means nothing, OPM is literally his own work, nobody knows it better than him. The reason why author statements under this context are questionable at best is because the hypothetical ratings in discussion are just absurdly higher than the canonically displayed power levels.

But in this specific case, while I doubt Vs. Battles Wiki would apply it, if ONE said God is tier 0, I don't see an actually logical reason to deny it. The reason it can be denied in a lot of other cases is when/because of how inconsistent the statement is. In this case, there is literally nothing to suggest a set limit to God's power. With Saitama, there are at least narrative implications as well as some arguable statements that give a strong enough argument to deny anything like this, but with God, that isn't really present at all.

Imagine making an OC and giving him Tier 0, then an admin comes out of nowhere and says ur OWN OC isn't Tier 0 lol
Well, this stuff has happened in the past. Mainly with the SCP verse.

Someone who was apart of the Vs. Battles Wiki community made a story for one of the characters (SCP-343) that would've made him definitively 1-A based on statements. But once we learned that it was a Vs. Battles Wiki member due to the name of the poster literally being the same on Vs. Battles Wiki, it was immediately shot down. Although that circumstance is a bit different, as it's just someone trying to upgrade a verse by buffing a character he didn't originally make. If the change went through, the verse's god tiers would easily reach tier 0.

(My main goal on this website is to make a legitimate verse well known enough to get a page, and in the final arc I introduce an endless hierarchy of characters for every tier, including tier 0)

7GW8MDGd_400x400.jpg

It's not that his word means nothing, OPM is literally his own work, nobody knows it better than him. The reason why author statements under this context are questionable at best is because the hypothetical ratings in discussion are just absurdly higher than the canonically displayed power levels.

But in this specific case, while I doubt Vs. Battles Wiki would apply it, if ONE said God is tier 0, I don't see an actually logical reason to deny it. The reason it can be denied in a lot of other cases is when/because of how inconsistent the statement is. In this case, there is literally nothing to suggest a set limit to God's power. With Saitama, there are at least narrative implications as well as some arguable statements that give a strong enough argument to deny anything like this, but with God, that isn't really present at all.
The most logical reason to deny it is that zero evidence suggests it even as it stands right now. Sure we haven't seen anything to suggest that isn't the case but there isn't any evidence to prove that it is the case either. At that point, it's honestly no different from a kid saying "my character is actually high outerverse level". I find that to be fair.

The most logical reason to deny it is that zero evidence suggests it even as it stands right now. Sure we haven't seen anything to suggest that isn't the case but there isn't any evidence to prove that it is the case either. At that point, it's honestly no different from a kid saying "my character is actually high outerverse level". I find that to be fair.
The evidence in question would be a WoG statement. This is a hypothetical scenario where a recognized, official author states how strong one of his characters are, with nothing in canon outright contradicting it. If I was just saying it would be logical for God to be tier 0 because nothing suggests he isn't, then yeah obviously that'd be wrong, but if ONE actually said that, there'd be nothing to suggest otherwise, and thus that alone would be sufficient evidence to give God that rating.

The only way to debunk a feat or statement is via evidence that goes against it. There needs to be enough evidence to prove it wrong. But if ONE said God is tier 0, there would be no evidence to contradict it, and thus there'd be no reason to assume it's wrong.

It's not. If ONE says God is VBW tier 0 in his eyes but all we see from God in the WC/manga is merely moon-level feats or nothing close to tier 0 then ONE's word is as good as nothing.
And if there are no anti-feats?

For example, their fight with Saitama will be in a dimension that is "beyond our understanding", and it will be off-screen, but described as "A fight that cannot be drawn due to its level of existence". No anti-feats. Everything behind the scenes.

Someone who was apart of the Vs. Battles Wiki community made a story for one of the characters (SCP-343) that would've made him definitively 1-A based on statements. But once we learned that it was a Vs. Battles Wiki member due to the name of the poster literally being the same on Vs. Battles Wiki, it was immediately shot down. Although that circumstance is a bit different, as it's just someone trying to upgrade a verse by buffing a character he didn't originally make. If the change went through, the verse's god tiers would easily reach tier 0.
HAHAHAHAHAHA

The evidence in question would be a WoG statement. This is a hypothetical scenario where a recognized, official author states how strong one of his characters are, with nothing in canon outright contradicting it. If I was just saying it would be logical for God to be tier 0 because nothing suggests he isn't, then yeah obviously that'd be wrong, but if ONE actually said that, there'd be nothing to suggest otherwise, and thus that alone would be sufficient evidence to give God that rating.
It's evidence but non-substantial. If nothing can uphold that evidence to be true yet nothing can make it false then it just means nothing.

It's evidence but non-substantial. If nothing can uphold that evidence to be true yet nothing can make it false then it just means nothing.
How is a statement from the author non-substantial, though? Would a statement from a character he wrote, or the narrator, mean less than the literal writer saying it outright?

And if there are no anti-feats?

For example, their fight with Saitama will be in a dimension that is "beyond our understanding", and it will be off-screen, but described as "A fight that cannot be drawn due to its level of existence". No anti-feats. Everything behind the scenes.
No anti-feats isn't evidence.

I have no idea what that would mean but that hypothetical feat isn't something only tier 0's can perform but maybe?

I kind of understand where the rule is coming from: it's to prevent people from using their knowledge of the verse to create characters that are as highly rated as possible. But at the same time, it seems kind of unfair that you're punished for overlap between two hobbies, in my opinion, especially if you're writing a legitimate story rather than only making high-tier characters. There should be some kind of way to differentiate, but what do I know?

A realistic OPM cosmology would be God creates a large amount of universes, hopefully its stated he made those universes and the dimension we see blast hoping in is a different universe.

There's bound to be someone in this thread who will.
God created all of reality, which is comprised of infinite universes, confined within infinite stacks of more infinite stacks etc. of infinite multiverses, each of which is held within infinite over-arching dimensions that are each infinitely superior to the one below it. All of this is contained within a bubble among uncountably infinite stacks of other infinite bubbles, branching out omni-directionally, with there being infinite sections each holding their own levels of infinite bubbles that view the layers below them as something akin to fiction. All of those sections/layers of infinite stacks of infinite bubbles are each transcended by yet another infinite stack of inconceivable realities, etc. etc. more infinite infinity stacks, and then God is above it all, viewing the rest of the verse as infinite stacks of inferior infinities below himself.

Also, the OPM Earth is right below God's plane, and everyone on it is High 1-A, apart from anyone who has broken their limiter who is tier 0.

How is a statement from the author non-substantial, though? Would a statement from a character he wrote, or the narrator, mean less than the literal writer saying it outright?
A statement from a character he wrote or a narrator would mean more because it's written within the series itself and is unquestionably true albeit depending on the character saying it or how trustworthy the narrator is unlike the hypothetical WoG in this scenario that has no evidence within the series itself to allow for the WoG to be considered seriously besides the author just saying it is because he is the author.

A statement from a character he wrote or a narrator would mean more because it's written within the series itself and is unquestionably true albeit depending on the character saying it or how trustworthy the narrator is unlike the hypothetical WoG in this scenario that has no evidence within the series itself to allow for the WoG to be considered seriously besides the author just saying it is because he is the author.
So a character that an author writes is more knowledgeable on the universe that author created than the author himself.

raw

God created all of reality, which is comprised of infinite universes, confined within infinite stacks of more infinite stacks etc. of infinite multiverses, each of which is held within infinite over-arching dimensions that are each infinitely superior to the one below it. All of this is contained within a bubble among uncountably infinite stacks of other infinite bubbles, branching out omni-directionally, with there being infinite sections each holding their own levels of infinite bubbles that view the layers below them as something akin to fiction. All of those sections/layers of infinite stacks of infinite bubbles are each transcended by yet another infinite stack of inconceivable realities, etc. etc. more infinite infinity stacks, and then God is above it all, viewing the rest of the verse as infinite stacks of inferior infinities below himself.

Also, the OPM Earth is right below God's plane, and everyone on it is High 1-A, apart from anyone who has broken their limiter who is tier 0.
Imma be real with you, i don't mind if murata/ONE take a 1 year break at the very beginning of gods arc or final fight to explain in like 10 chapters the OPM cosmology.

Ultimately both come from the same source but one has the added benefit from actually being in the story/setting which is far more important overall.
Prove it's more important. There is no evidence to believe such. The author is conveying the same message, and by doing it themselves, they remove the bias of the charater. If anything the out of verse statements are more important.

Sad day for use (Though personally I'd want Saitama to get with Suiko so I can shitpost)

I also want Flashy Flash to lose his left eye
I want Boros to have another eye in his left palm that shoots lasers. And I want Genos to casually block them. (Let's see how ridiculous or unlikely we can make this lmao)

Prove it's more important. There is no evidence to believe such. The author is conveying the same message, and by doing it themselves, they remove the bias of the charater. If anything the out of verse statements are more important.
Having tier 0 statements within the story itself is far more important because it's not only confirmation from the author via writing it down in the story but also confirmation within the story itself whereas just a WoG stating God is tier 0 is nothing without feats to support it even if there is no counter-evidence to such a statement. It's easy to see why one is taken more seriously than the other.

Having tier 0 statements within the story itself is far more important because it's not only confirmation from the author via writing it down in the story but also confirmation within the story itself whereas just a WoG stating God is tier 0 is nothing without feats to support it even if there is no counter-evidence to such a statement. It's easy to see why one is taken more seriously than the other.
A character can be lying. Much less likely an author would just lie about tier 0 statements

A character can be lying. Much less likely an author would just lie about tier 0 statements
Yes, that's why as I said before it depends on who the character is or how reliable the narrator is but that doesn't mean the author's statement is any more useful by itself without God having feats to support it.

Back