• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Massive One Punch Man page deletions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emirp sumitpo

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
I realized that we have WAY too many OPM profiles of characters who have little to no scaling importance and very little appearance, and are generally undeserving of having profiles due to limited appearances. Hell, a lot of these characters just exist only to die. A lot of them only exist just because. This is a list of characters who should get their profiles deleted.

Heroes:

Monsters:
  • Fist Fight Djinn (Appears for one chapter and dies almost immediately after appearing. No scaling relevance)
  • Giant Snowman (Literally does nothing. Appears for one panel in a chapter extra and that's it. Some may argue we could keep around for his GPE and that could be useful for scaling, but no one scales to him IIRC, his GPE is only High 7-C)
  • Free Hugger (Appears for one chapter and dies. No scaling relevance)
  • Game-Berus (Appears for one chapter and dies. No scaling relevance)
  • Face Ripper (Appears for one chapter and dies. No scaling relevance)
  • The Great Food Tub (No feats at all. No scaling relevance. Most significant thing he's done is become lunch for Pig God)
  • Marshall Gorilla (Appears for one chapter. No scaling relevance)
  • Ground Dragon (No worthwhile feats. Appears for one chapter and dies. No scaling relevance)
  • Tongue Stretcher (No feats. Appears for one chapter and that's it. No scaling relevance)
  • Ancient King (Anime only. His manga appearance is only like one panel. Has no feats at all. Dies in one chapter)
  • Pluton (Anime only. Does nothing and dies)
  • Kenzan Rat (Does nothing and dies. Appears for one chapter only. Is a webcomic only as of now)
  • Super Mouse (Does pretty much nothing and dies. Little scaling relevance)
  • Unihorn (No feats. Appears for one chapter. Getting chewed is the most noteworthy thing he did)
  • Devil Long Hair (No worthwhile feats. Not much scaling relevance. Appears for two chapters) (Rejected for deletion)
  • Surprise Attack Plum (Appears for one chapter and dies. Has no scaling relevance)
  • Scaledon (Appears for one chapter and dies. Has no scaling relevance)
  • Jumping Spider (Appears for one chapter and dies. Has no scaling relevance) (Rejected for deletion)
  • Demonic Fan (Appears for one chapter and dies. Has no scaling relevance) (Rejected for deletion)
Others:
  • Himiko Natsuno (Has no calcs at all in her page. Is this even an OPM character? I think it could stay if someone is interested in fixing her page, but if no one is, she should be deleted) (Rejected for deletion)
  • Sour Face (Barely any scaling relevance)
  • Accel (A webcomic only. Everything here is Unknown. Better off being deleted)
  • Lin Lin (Very little appearances and little scaling relevance)
  • Zakos (Very little appearances and little scaling relevance)

Controversial ones:

This one I'll leave up to discussion due to likely controversy, but there have been proposals to delete the profiles of GOD and Blast (Rejected for deletion) due to them being largely featless, and we generally don't know that much about either, but a potential counterargument is that they are very large and popular characters, and therefore, they deserve to stay. I'm personally neutral

I'll leave this to discussion.

Last edited:
Agree with vast majority of them. I feel like Face Ripper had put up enough of a fight against Post-G4 Genos that he can have a profile, but if it was removed I wouldn't really care.

Idk about God, but Blast should 100% stay. God is nigh-featless, and the few feats he does have are almost certainly nowhere near his actual strength. Blast on the other hand does have a fair share of feats, and the only stat he's actually lacking in compared to what he eventually will be at is AP.

Jumping Spider (Appears for one chapter and dies. Has no scaling relevance)
Demonic Fan (Appears for one chapter and dies. Has no scaling relevance)
I think these two can stay. They don't have much relevance to scaling, but their statistics can scale to people like Fubuki and Stinger rather than just baseline characters, and they have at least some feats of their own.
Himiko Natsuno (Has no calcs at all in her page. Is this even an OPM character? I think it should stay if someone is interested in fixing her page, but if no one is, she should be deleted)
Maybe not in the OPM universe, but I think keeping this seems fine. All that's needed is a clean-up.
This one I'll leave up to discussion due to likely controversy, but there have been proposals to delete the profiles of GOD and Blast due to them being largely featless, and we generally don't know that much about either, but a potential counterargument is that they are very large and popular characters, and therefore, they deserve to stay.
I'd say delete GOD. Blast at least has feats that verifiably scale to his statistics in the manga (outspeeding Flashy Flash and stopping his attacks), whereas GOD has none.

Everything else I'm fine or neutral on. Honestly, I've been advocating to delete some of those hero profiles like Magic Trick Man for ages.

I agree with the deletion of these characters, I believe some are too minor even if they have some reliable scaling due to a fight or such.

Shouldn't Great Philosopher being included in the list?

I'm also fine with removing Blast and GOD, though I can see Blast staying FRA.

I think these two can stay. They don't have much relevance to scaling, but their statistics can scale to people like Fubuki and Stinger rather than just baseline characters, and they have at least some feats of their own.
What feats are they?

He doesn't do much other than that. And he gets one shot and humiliated by Armored Gorilla, it wasn't a fight.

He gotta go.

I think that Devil Long Hair is probably okay to keep, as a fighter of the Monster Associationg who did get more than 1 chapter for his fight and against multiple opponents, plus has a distinct enough ability from just generic monsters.

But the rest I'm fine with being deleted.

Face Ripper, Supermouse, Unihorn, Ancient King, Giant Snowman and Free Hugger should be kept, as they are often brought up for debates and people are interested on them.

Face Ripper, Supermouse, Unihorn, Ancient King, Giant Snowman and Free Hugger should be kept, as they are often brought up for debates and people are interested on them.
By who exactly? Ancient King for example is very much featless.

I haven't seen anyone disagree for deleting these.

@ByAsura; if you're okay with it I'll start off by deleting these ones.

Why not? It's a site that people make matches, why making interesting matches is not a reason to it be kept?
This is an indexing site first and a match making one second.

Giant Snowman is a useless profile with little to zero information about it and the only worthwhile thing about it is it's GPE, and even that is not that useful at all.

This is an indexing site first and a match making one second.

Giant Snowman is a useless profile with little to zero information about it and the only worthwhile thing about it is it's GPE, and even that is not that useful at all.
Nah he can crash his enemies via size alone
Also, how exactly is a snowman an interesting fight?
Because there are some specific matches that could be done, such as Yumeko that can only be thrown against D'arby brothers or ***** like that

Also, this page has some bs statistics, now that I'm thinking about it.

Snow has a density of 0.1-0.8 tonnes per cubic metre.

Even if we assume Giant Snowman is a full sphere 1,000 metres in size (it's not), the best you're going to get is a little under 420 million tonnes. Class T starts at a billion tonnes.

The previous calculation was also Class G.

All I see are a handful of dead threads.

Seems like even you're unsure about what uniquely interesting applications this profile would have.
No? i mentioned it, yumeko have no powers, but she is a nice player in stuff like cards, chess and things like that, thats why she had matches against Darby brothes (example), and there can be others matches like that that doesnt really need to be only about strength or something same as the giant snowman dude, it cna be pretty interesting

Which is intelligence. I could see other people with unique qualities, like maybe a heat-based opponent with equal AP, but I'm pretty sure that'd be a stomp.

I'm not taking your word for this.

Also, even if there are very unique situations, it's still a poorly executed profile to begin with.

Which is intelligence. I could see other people with unique qualities, like maybe a heat-based opponent with equal AP, but I'm pretty sure that'd be a stomp.
while true that some heat based opponent could stomp, the snowman actually is bigger than Gigant Mountains, so, it aint really a stomp unless the character released some giant firespells such as Anos's <Geo Greys>

That's assuming the snowman can touch them, but it doesn't matter anyway.

It's a poorly executed profile, and a lot of ratings will become unknown after a recent revision.

By who exactly? Ancient King for example is very much featless.
Many reddit users, who make matchups with those monsters, usually come here to see where they fit in the scale.

Ancient King is part of the group of the kings, along with DSK, Beast King and Sky King. Beast and Sky King died in a worse way than many of the monsters I listed, yet they are not being deleted. Not to mention he also briefly appears in the manga, and in the anime he managed to tank several missiles from the highly advanced technology from the Hero Association.

Reddit users have no bearing on our profiles.

Which isn't on the profile currently. That also kind of defeats your first point.

Sky King isn't an almost completely anime-only character, and is directly stated to be on par with DSK. Ancient King only has implication.

We don't see that they're highly advanced, we just see that they're some type of missile (launched from platforms strongly resembling normal weaponry) that cause maybe Small Building level explosions. Even his supposed mountain feat is off-screen. On the other hand, Sky King shakes a highly advanced building, and also scales to Metal Knight's durability and gives Melzalgald some justification.

One panel. Not even some sort of statement that allows us to declare his scenes canon.

Beast King isn't part of the Kings, just an artificial creation. ONE says it's DSK, Sky King, and the Subterranean King.

Last edited:
I wanted Darkness Blade to stay. Not having much relavence to the story does not make his scaling invalid. And little scalling is different then no scaling. Him and Blast are the only ones I feel strongly about, and everyone has already argued for Blast's sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back