• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I think Murata either means he'd adding 5 different types of colors into the chapter, or he's coloring 5 panels. If he colored 5 entire pages, that'd be crazy. Then again, he was practicing recently, which could be related to him knowing that he was going to color for Garou Vs. Saitama.

I think Murata either means he'd adding 5 different types of colors into the chapter, or he's coloring 5 panels. If he colored 5 entire pages, that'd be crazy. Then again, he was practicing recently, which could be related to him knowing that he was going to color for Garou Vs. Saitama.
I mean pretty sure he drew and colored the HE God panel by himself which I could argue is the best colored panel in all of manga. Murata’s skills are absurd.

Last edited:
May not be the first to notice, but looking back at God's dialogue in that chapter, I noticed something a bit interesting.

First, he says "Silence." "I am taking them back.". He says this in quotations, with no dialogue bubbles present. When HE says "Huh?", it's in the same manner. When HE says God's name, it's in a dialogue bubble, but slightly altered, in a manner that depicts his horror, which makes me think that God was in HE's mind and they were speaking with telepathy initially. But when God is saying "Your power. Your life. They are both forfeit." it lacks both quotations and a dialogue bubble, which could imply he's speaking to HE in a different manner.

Additionally, when God speaks via an illusion of Blast, it's in normal dialogue bubbles. When God speaks to Saitama and the others in his realm, it uses uses dialogue bubbles as well, but different from all the others in the series, with slightly foggy/cloudy edges. When Blast appears, God's dialogue bubble when speaking to him is notably different, with a lot of lines on the edges. (Honestly part of me theorized that it wasn't God speaking to him by then, but that feels a little too far out there, especially for OPM which is usually pretty simple about these things)

Idk what to make of all this, but the way God's dialogue is showed in such different manners in multiple different appearances at least feels like it's supposed to be meant for something. A lot of mangaka's use dialogue boxes as a way to convey, imply, or foreshadow things. Even in Dragon Ball, dialogue boxes for villains are usually more blocky and rigid, whereas dialogue boxes for non-villains are smooth and circular. Could be just overthinking it, in fact I probably am, but it's worth a thought.

I feel like Garou doesn’t feel like a monster whatsoever right now.

His appearance when he was transforming while pinned under the base was much better IMO. He should look like a monster, a human monster, sunken in eyes, malnourished lips which can’t even cover his teeth. Skeletal figure with insane speed and power behind it.

Right now he looks like a really bad TRON villain with pointy hair, or a Sonic OC with a vaguely more human shape.

When I think ”monster” I don’t think “smooth-skinned, streamlined jet-black humanoid with tron lines and a human face poking out.” I think of Orochi’s true form.

Sonic OC with a vaguely more human shape.
fdbbdfad-88a5-4bb7-907e-193dc90a88de

Rereading the manga it’s kinda funny that Darkshine’s strength was once considered unparalleled among the Hero Association
IMG_3930.png

IMG_3928.jpg
To be fair, first statement is from Puri, and doesn’t mention who it’s unrivalled compared to. Other S class heroes or just average people?

The second is just “it is said”, said by who? Citizens?? Darkshine himself?? Blast??

What kind of speed would this get (pretending, for the sake of argument, Genos is a normal guy)? Genos reacted to her speed, but he still couldn't react in time to move out of the way until after she passed.

bruh-

are we seriously going straight to garou vs saitama? This is disappointing. The art stuff is cool but man this is a sad time for those who liked the webcomic story.
Called it (not that it was very hard to call but some people were and are on hopium).

I think it isn't as much of a downgrade story-wise from the WC, meaning, not as much as I think some people are saying, honestly the only chapter in the manga I've hated for this arc (apart from some redraws) was the GarouxMetal Bat chapter, as I've said before. But yeah webcomic had much better pacing imo. MA war arc has either dragged things out too long or made things too short on many occasions. In this case, we didn't even get to see the Garou Vs. S-Class battle at all, as I suspected.

Called it (not that it was very hard to call but some people were and are on hopium).

I think it isn't as much of a downgrade story-wise from the WC, meaning, not as much as I think some people are saying, honestly the only chapter in the manga I've hated for this arc (apart from some redraws) was the GarouxMetal Bat chapter, as I've said before. But yeah webcomic had much better pacing imo. MA war arc has either dragged things out too long or made things too short on many occasions. In this case, we didn't even get to see the Garou Vs. S-Class battle at all, as I suspected.
if the webcomic MA arc is a 10/10, this is like a 8/10 overall. Though the surface arc is like a 5/10 compared to the webcomic tbh.

If anything wc lacks in character development, it was simply, fight fight fight, gets knocked down, doesn’t appear until Saitama beats up garou, and that was the setup for essentially every character. The surface part actually develops characters, even side characters that end up getting killed off later. The only thing wc has over manga is, setting, theme, and pacing.

Opinions opinions I know, but Saitama's question "What are you supposed to be?" in the manga (which is actually mistranslated in webcomic as well and supposed to say "So tell me, who are you?") is a huge downgrade in writing and brilliance compared to the webcomic so far on build-up alone. Saitama upon meeting AG didn't care to ask this question because from all the information he knows about Garou, heard stories about Garou, and sees Garou ******* up heroes, he believes Garou is an incredibly strong opponent and just wants his turn to fight and beat this guy who seems bad. After Saitama witnesses Garou's philosophical debate with the heroes and sees Garou lying about evil actions, such as Garou saying he is going to kill Tareo but Saitama points out he's going the wrong way, Saitama sees through this evil guy's facade and gets serious and asks Garou "Who are you?" after defeating ENW. Saitama's question isn't asking about who Garou literally is because he knows who Garou is already from the stories he heard, the question is directed to Garou, asking him what does he wants to be. This is why Saitama asks the question verbatim again after their fight. The manga either treats that dialogue as Saitama comedically asking what Garou is supposed to be based on Garou's appearance or trying to accomplish the same thing the webcomic did except with zero subtlety or rewarding payoff or proper build-up because it's clear as day Garou isn't a villain and hasn't played the villain since Bang cracked him.

If anything wc lacks in character development, it was simply, fight fight fight, gets knocked down, doesn’t appear until Saitama beats up garou, and that was the setup for essentially every character. The surface part actually develops characters, even side characters that end up getting killed off later. The only thing wc has over manga is, setting, theme, and pacing.
(Not knowing if it also happens in the webcomic, and speaking of the arc of the organization of monsters and the arc of the surface as one)
Yeah, I especially liked what Murata did with Tatsumaki, who due to Blast's words doesn't seem to trust, expect or care much about anyone (with the exception of his sister in the last case), starting to rely on Genos's help and even caring about him at one point
Also King, Bang, Genos, Fubuki, Child Emperor, etc. are added to the list of characters with good development within the arc .

doesn´t armored gorilla and beast king scale above mosquito girl even when transformed?

p_6.jpg
p_7.jpg
p_20.jpg

so DSK tier characters and above would be >mosquito girl even with blood
Doesnt make too much sense, since he sent 6 monsters. Gorilla and Beast King could be on par with Mosquito Girl’s transformed state (unlikely, unless Genos’ “spare parts” was just THAT big of an upgrade), and we have no idea how strong Manty was.

Beast King and Gorilla could individually be as strong as Mosquito Girl. But I reckon Armored Gorilla is Base Mosquito level, whereas Beast King is > Transformed mosquito girl level.

Back