• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Didn't I just say that I think wc and manga Saitama should be treated as one? So it wouldn't matter whether it is in manga or not.
okay but you didnt state any reasons as to why saitama should be an exception when all other characters are going to have two profiles.

Didn't I just say that I think wc and manga Saitama should be treated as one? So it wouldn't matter whether it is in manga or not.
Uh no? We don't treat WC and Manga as the same in general. I don't why we would make an exception
Speaking of the webcomic, a suppressed Golden Sperm says Garou hit him with a punch many levels above what the heroes are capable of.

Black Sperm experienced both the result and aftermath of Tatsumaki ripping the MA base out of the ground.

Yet he's also surprised when a far weaker version of Tatsumaki ripped Multi-Cell's head off. He also has to resist her attempts to break his neck, and she later uses the last of her remaining power in one burst against Garou to immobilise him after he curbstomped GS at full power.

Admittedly, the base feat was casual, but I'm not sure how to treat this. Is he only referring to their punches, or just the ability to deal damage? If so, that would also mean the base feat is ultra-casual? Or does this whole thing screw up scaling?
I think he might just be referring to punches. Tatsumaki's powers don't really fit in to that category tbh.

I always see people use this "argument" but the logic is so flawed. If the situation were such that I decided to try out OPM for the first time and read a chapter or two, and didn't like it, then it's logical to tell me to just stop reading it. But I've been invested in this series for the past 7 years or so and was a huge fan of it due to its amazing plot and whatnot, and it suddenly becomes dogshit, then it's fair for me to be upset to lose a series that I liked so much and spent so much time reading.
I wasn’t trying to make an argument, I was just asking why you’d willingly continue reading something you dislike. That genuinely doesn’t make sense to me.

okay but you didnt state any reasons as to why saitama should be an exception
Because I think power levels change only for other characters in manga version. But no matter what Saitama is above them and his power is probably the same across both versions. I guess that's just me

I wasn’t trying to make an argument, I was just asking why you’d willingly continue reading something you dislike. That genuinely doesn’t make sense to me.
if it continues to be this shitshow of a "comedy" manga, of course i'm dropping it. but i still have some hope that it's going to get better.

Because I think power levels change only for other characters in manga version. But no matter what Saitama is above them and his power is probably the same across both versions. I guess that's just me
In the webcomic, Saitama says that he could destroy the Earth, while that line was omitted in the manga version of that scene. Maybe webcomic Saitama is stronger than manga Saitama lol

Boros comes back due to God resurrecting him, final fight of the arc becomes Saitama vs Garou vs Boros
Just imagine if in a future arc (or in the next chapters), we have a resurrection of Boros, which leads to a Saitama VS Garou VS Boros and they do the same light structure as before but go back and forth Earth-Moon in nanoseconds

Just imagine if in a future arc (or in the next chapters), we have a resurrection of Boros, which leads to a Saitama VS Garou VS Boros and they do the same light structure as before but go back and forth Earth-Moon in nanoseconds
saitama could do it but garou and boros probably can't.

The moon is actually really far from the earth. every planet in the solar system can fit in the distance between earth and the moon. maybe even saitama would have trouble doing that.

The thing is, he's never shown this kind of regen outside of his vomited form. Also, welded could easily refer to this form being liquid that morphs together.

Damage and I discussed this. The translation from the raws is 'The scale is different from other monsters', and then they go onto equate him to a natural disaster.

We both kind of agree it's not really solid.
He was also never damaged that bad to show off that level of regen before his vomited form, so…

this manga is ******* shit now. cant believe im saying this about OPM but goddamn that last chapter was ******* atrocious. if this is really because murata is writing it, it's ONE's duty to never let murata touch the OPM story ever again. powerscaling is all over the place and he's trying too hard with the cliche "funny scenes" like garou and MB yelling at each other like tf was that.
It’s funny since ONE is still the writer. Everyone praises ONE when the manga does amazing but then blames Murata for when the manga does “bad”. Lol.

Speaking of the webcomic, a suppressed Golden Sperm says Garou hit him with a punch many levels above what the heroes are capable of.

Black Sperm experienced both the result and aftermath of Tatsumaki ripping the MA base out of the ground.

Yet he's also surprised when a far weaker version of Tatsumaki ripped Multi-Cell's head off. He also has to resist her attempts to break his neck, and she later uses the last of her remaining power in one burst against Garou to immobilise him after he curbstomped GS at full power.

Admittedly, the base feat was casual, but I'm not sure how to treat this. Is he only referring to their punches, or just the ability to deal damage? If so, that would also mean the base feat is ultra-casual? Or does this whole thing screw up scaling?
He says “humans” not “heroes”, and it seems clear he’s only referring to punches.

Inb4 “slightly superhuman level Garou”.

Humans obviously refers to people who aren't monsters.

Edit: I just realised I posted the wrong translation. He says the humans in the one I had.

IIRC, his chipped teeth took pretty long to heal when Bang kicked his head in.
His power grows from humiliation, doesn’t it? It would make sense that his regen would grow the more humiliated he is. Being covered in vomit after being thrown by an old man is pretty humiliating.

He seems semi-solid. He still has eyes and blood, and his brain is still working since he isn’t blind and can move, and he still has a stomach since he can digest and vomit. He‘s just fused with the acid and become one creature.

That's kind of how I see it as well. My point was that saying power doesn't grow anymore because he doesn't quite have his old body doesn't really make sense when the acid basically is his body. Plus why would the acid even be able to grow in power from humiliation if it isn't an intrinsic part of him now?

Look at the edit I made to the humans one.

Golden Sperm’s statement still only refers to punches. You can’t exactly compare psychic whirlwhind chi-twirling to a punch. They’re too different.

One is hax, and the other a punch.

Psychic Whirlwind isn't what she used to rip out the base.

Anyway, I'll look at the raws.

In the raws, he says the punch exceeds human limitations.

So GS is directly referring to striking power.

this manga is ******* shit now. cant believe im saying this about OPM but goddamn that last chapter was ******* atrocious. if this is really because murata is writing it, it's ONE's duty to never let murata touch the OPM story ever again. powerscaling is all over the place and he's trying too hard with the cliche "funny scenes" like garou and MB yelling at each other like tf was that.
I didn't like the last chapter either but the arc has been great outside of that imo

Golden Sperm isn't a new individual, it's 11 trillion disappearing into a dominant consciousness. By this logic, he wouldn't know about Garou or Tatsumaki.

As I said, though, the raws confirm it's just punches.

Tatsumaki in the webcomic lifted the base with gravity manipulation, didn’t she? Everyone inside was floating and I think Genos even comments on it. Does that change anything??

I think she just wrenched it all out, so the lighter objects were moved easier. That's why Genos thought gravity was upside down.

Also, wasn't she was trying to protect the heroes separately, or did they not have comms to sense in this version?

Garou_beating_up_metal_bat_text.jpg

Back