• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
That was just an editorial thing to generate hype. The volume version doesn't include it because its not needed.

Its like using One Piece editor chapter end text to for scaling stuff.
I don’t understand what you’re saying.
The original cover for the chapter said this.
This covers actually give information for a lot of stuff, such as Flashy Flash being faster than light

The original cover for the chapter said this.
Yes, because it was hype text. It would be like using a chapter title to justify a rating
Flashy Flash being faster than light
See above. Said cover also again is left blank in the volume version, because its only hype text. Its to make the reader go "Oh cool".

I mean, the only real comparison I have would be like giving Naruto time travel powers because he was a cowboy in the wild west in one cover.

Yes, because it was hype text. It would be like using a chapter title to justify a rating
It wouldnt be the same as that unless it was clear hyperbole, and for reasons above it fits the context of the scene. Hell there’s even a guide statement that says he was kinda staggered or something like that.
If it was hyperbole then it would be different, but in this case it isn’t. It’s additional information,
See above. Said cover also again is left blank in the volume version, because its only hype text. Its to make the reader go "Oh cool".
That’s a viz translation, they always remove the title text.
I mean, the only real comparison I have would be like giving Naruto time travel powers because he was a cowboy in the wild west in one cover.
If you wanna make a ridiculous comparison like that go for it. Go make a crt

Hell there’s even a guide statement that says he was kinda staggered or something like that.
The Anime Blu-Ray book did say Saitama was clobbered.

But that's for the anime, which also noted that the serious punch was Saitama seriously training and using actual levels of strength.
That’s a viz translation
That's the volume release. The volume release always removes this text.

The Anime Blu-Ray book did say Saitama was clobbered.
Ok. So that statement isn’t relevant, but everything still works.
But that's for the anime, which also noted that the serious punch was Saitama seriously training and using actual levels of strength.
Yeah so I won’t use that, though serious does implying you’re serious.
That's the volume release. The volume release always removes this text.
That’s just viz translations. They just remove them, the text themselves are always there.

It's just flowery text to hook the viewer.
I see no reason to assume such. The chapter before clearly implies Saitama was harmed, according to some dude above. Eyes going blank = being harmed. That’s what this whole argument is about. Using that logic would allow Boros’ to scale to Saitama

I see no reason to assume such. The chapter before clearly implies Saitama was harmed, according to some dude above. Eyes going blank = being harmed. That’s what this whole argument is about. Using that logic would allow Boros’ to scale to Saitama
It wouldn't make sense for him to have taken damage. A stronger Boros ragdolled him with no damage.

Also the volumes remove the text because at that point you already own then so no need to capture the attention anymore.

It wouldn't make sense for him to have taken damage. A stronger Boros ragdolled him with no damage.

Also the volumes remove the text because at that point you already own then so no need to capture the attention anymore.
Yes, if he wants to then he can.

This here shows you haven’t been properly following the conversation.
Again, I was just trying to show how ridiculous the argument of “eyes blank= harm” is

If Saitama ever takes damage (highly unlikely), ONE will make it evidently clear instead of fans having to rely on Editor notes.

If Saitama ever takes damage (highly unlikely), ONE will make it evidently clear instead of fans having to rely on Editor notes.

IMG_0933.png

Back