• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
ONE’s “Boros and Garou are equal” should only be applied to the webcomic versions, as that statement was made so, so, so, so long ago and it’s clear, as every manga character has been buffed, that Awakened Garou will be buffed beyond belief, unless ONE comes out and makes a new statement that they’re both still equals in the manga.

Source? Did ONE specifically tell him, or did Murata say they were comparable based off that ONE statement I previously mentioned??

Also just saying, ONE telling Murata that they should be comparable doesn’t mean that they will be comparable by the time the manga gets to that point.

Source? Did ONE specifically tell him, or did Murata say they were comparable based off that ONE statement I previously mentioned??

Murata: Next we are entering Garou arc. According to ONE sensei, Garou and Boros are equally strong, I have to create the same visual for the battle too. Wonder how should I draw it...I will be keeping it up.

Also just saying, ONE telling Murata that they should be comparable doesn’t mean that they will be comparable by the time the manga gets to that point.
I mean, that'll only be the case once Garou displays a feat that's much higher than CSRC, which is currently at roughly 1 exaton going by the LE, or displays a feat that goes into Tier 5, which I kinda doubt (I feel that it'll be Blast, Saitama or God that'll be the one to do that).

That statement does not clarify if ONE specifically told him that, or if Murata is saying that based off the ONE statement where he says “it would be a good fight”.

Also, that Murata statement was made in /2016/?

If Awakened Garou jumps to the moon, punches Saitama through it, then splits it in half with a karate chop, I just don’t think Boros should physically scale off that based off a few old statements.

If Awakened Garou jumps to the moon, punches Saitama through it, then splits it in half with a karate chop, I just don’t think Boros should physically scale off that based off a few old statements.
Like I said, if Garou shows a feat that is absolutely beyond any of Boros' feats, even CSRC, or he breaches into Tier 5 (which the example you gave is likely a Tier 5 one) then Boros should absolutely not scale to Garou.

The second thing should probably just be ignored because of that. But I think it's trying to say that released Boros is 6-A for the first one?

183 petatons is the bare minimum for surface wiping, it can go up to exatons if we use melting.
But yeah, if Garou destroys a planet or wipes a surface with a punch then we shouldn't be scaling them.

We shouldn’t scale their physicals at all in any regard, not speed nor strength, since CSRC is such a massive outlier regarding Boros’ own power that he doesn’t even scale to CSRC with his own physicals at all, not even close.

In other words, if Garou, say, moves so fast that Flashy Flash’s max speed appeared in frozen time in Garou’s eyes, then Boros shouldn’t scale to that feat.

Now that i think about it, if we created webcomic profiles wouldn't webcomic saitama be possibly 5-B because of that " if this day gets any shittier i might end up destroying the world" quote that got retconned in the manga?

Depends on what “destroying the world” exactly means. Does he mean he’ll become a monster and go around destroying cities, or simply hunt down people instead of monsters, or actually destroy the planet with a punch?

“Destroying the earth” is a vague statement. Making the planet uninhabitable is “destroying the earth”, removing all the oceans is “destroying the earth”, removing all land masses is “destroying the earth”, removing the surface is “destroying the earth”.

He doesn’t say how many punches it would take.

It should be meant "utterly shattering the Earth itself" or based on your logic, we should downgrade a considerable amount of characters in Dragon Ball.

I also think it's fishy, specially since characters with worse feats than Saitama get 5-B for statements as vague as this (without explanation of the method nor timeframe), but it's how the site treats them in general.
I think it has to do with needing to overpower Earth's gravitational pull in order to actually "destroy the planet" wich is baseline 5-B by our standards

It should be meant "utterly shattering the Earth itself" or based on your logic, we should downgrade a considerable amount of characters in Dragon Ball.
In Dragon Ball we already have clear 5-B feats from characters and Frieza who is High 5-A in his base form for destroying Planet Vegeta is absolute fodder in DB Super.
Saitama's quote of destroying the earth is pretty vague, is he just going to actually destroy the planet or just the surface by punching it out of frustration

In Dragon Ball we already have clear 5-B feats from characters and Frieza who is High 5-A in his base form for destroying Planet Vegeta is absolute fodder in DB Super.
Saitama's quote of destroying the earth is pretty vague, is he just going to actually destroy the planet or just the surface by punching it out of frustration
It's been fodder since the Cell Saga, imo. But yeah, just the ambiguity of the phrase in OPM makes it hard to concretely make a character 5-B.

It would downgrade pre Frieza characters like Saiyan saga Vegeta and Frieza's minions. Obviously it wouldn't affect Super.

I mean, even Roshi and Piccolo VAPORISED the moon, Piccolo did it with one hand casually, both were weaker than Vegeta put together. So at least Dragon Ball had some supporting feats for their statements, and their power can actually be measured with their Ki and Powerlevels.

I see. I know next to nothing about Dragon Ball

Well guys, I'm hoping we'll get two short redrawn chapters tomorrow. Hopefully we'll know how close we are to the redrawn Orochi fight when Volume 23 drops, because Saitama vs Rover should theoretically be in the next set of redraws (it may also not be).

I still cling obstinately to my theory that season 3's production will be announced sometime in May-June after Volume 24 drops at the earliest.

What's funny is that King Piccolo Saga Kid Goku one-shots Saitama, but Saitama outspeeds that Goku quite a bit.
Different universes, different powerscales. Like Darkshine squats thousands of pounds of weight for many reps in X15 gravity, a feat equal or superior to the gravity training of the Namek arc. At least, that's what Zhoniin said. If we scaled across universes using that feat, Darkshine would be like a moonbuster or something- but OPM verse doesn't have ki. If it did have ki, then I'm sure someone like Saitama could kamehameha planets no problem with our current scaling, because if I understand it right, the ki attacks are far superior to normal ones. Like Master Roshi or Piccolo couldn't have obliterated the moon with a punch, right?

Dragon Ball characters just have weak lifting strength but IMMENSE striking strength. Zhoniin... is not a good source, he has no idea what he talks about.

Ki attacks aren’t inherently superior to their physicals; Dragon Ball characters literally PUNCH away and face-tank their own and their enemies‘ Ki attacks all the time.

There’s also this “hidden lore” about Dragon Ball characters being able to minimise the AOE their attacks can do with “Ki control”, which is widely accepted throughout the fandom, I just don’t know what the actual source of it is. It explains why Beerus and Goku don’t bust the Earth from accidentally dropping a building sized ball of Ki on it, but Beerus HAS destroyed planets with literal SPECKS of Ki before in the series.

Darkshine: I train in 15 times the gravity of earth!

Vegeta: Pathetic! I train in 500 times the gravity of earth!

Superman: I lifted the earth. For 5 days. And didn't get tired.

I don't agree with downgrading DB at all I just find it hypocritical that the vaguest statements are allowed for certain verses but not others.

Sudden topic change before I forget it:

I’ve seen people match up Tatsumaki against Ebony Maw (MCU) and it makes me giggle. It’s like they don’t have the basic understanding of what a monster Tatsumaki is. She could take on Thanos’ entire army if she felt like it, and Thanos himself. His only possible saving grace would be the gauntlet, which he would never even get to use if Tatsumaki considered the magic glove a threat and just locked it down with her power, or yoinked the stones out.

I don't agree with downgrading DB at all I just find it hypocritical that the vaguest statements are allowed for certain verses but not others.
Well, there is justification for it in the case of DB. Base Goku after King Kai's training is stronger than the other Z-Fighters like Tien and Krillin, who can one-shot Saibamen equal in power to Raditz. Vegeta is stronger than that, and Kaio-Ken Goku scales.

Well, I calced Darkshine's 15x gravity feat and it seems like he's squatting 3534 kg (mass) with a 53010 kg force. I guess how impressive depends on how many reps he's doing, not very impressive if it's one rep, but if it's like TTM (69,000 consecutive squats), that's pretty insane. Using the latter metric, it'd be class G weight over a couple hours.

Back