• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Next arc is when Bofoi reveals the mecha-Boros he created after recovering the dark matter ship

which actually could technically happen considering Boros’ body was still there and he probably would have discovered it by now.

Knowing how much of an Akira Toriyama fanboy Murata is i hope they do a Mecha Boros to parody Mecha Freeza.
And then a Golden Boros.
And then a Black Boros.

And then a Golden Boros.
Here
Golden boros : r/OnePunchMan

I appreciate how Boros is written
He takes the first punch like a king and says “this isn’t even my 2nd form”
When Saitama tanks his strongest released attack like nothing and shows he’s unaffected, Boros just says he’s not done yet and goes at him stronger
And then when he gets punched again and sent flying, he just lands on his feet and says “yes, that’s why you are worth defeating”
He literally keeps fighting and his him harder in situations where everyone else would have just shat their pants and ran away
And unlike kabuto he wasn’t even in denial about it or anything.
True chad from outer space.

When Saitama tanks his strongest released attack like nothing and shows he’s unaffected, Boros just says he’s not done yet and goes at him stronger
And then when he gets punched again and sent flying, he just lands on his feet and says “yes, that’s why you are worth defeating”
He literally keeps fighting and his him harder in situations where everyone else would have just shat their pants and ran away
Different from a certain FRAUD who had to receive help from a higher being to grow stronger

The anime does him true justice with the csrc scene strongly resembling the subterranean dream

I just realized that the crt to increase the amount of people eligible to vote on crts was completely rejected by staff
perhaps I should revisit that myself...
I also sort of wanted to make some kind of revision regarding the FRA system some time in the future, perhaps adding some restrictions or suggestions regarding voting without giving reasoning, along with perhaps some stuff regarding discussion participation in threads

Did Vs flop that badly?
I don't think it's that it flopped. In fact it can't even be said that it flopped or performed well, there's only like, what, 5 or 6 chapters? It literally just started.

Might just be me being an optimist, but I genuinely think ONE just has a very creative mind and is overly pumped on sharing his ideas with the world, and I think the huge success of OPM and Mob Psycho further encouraged this by showing one how beloved some of his ideas were. And to be fair, Versus is just as unique, creative, and interesting as any other story ONE has made so far, at least imo. What matters is the execution, rather, whether it'll be good like Mob Psycho was and like OPM...mostly has been (though if you asked me, Mob Psycho>>>>>>OPM).

To be fair, I don't think it was remotely realistic from anyone to expect Versus to blow up very fast by any means. It took a long time until OPM and Mob Psycho hit the mainstream respectively, in fact it only really happened when they got into the anime scope of things. ONE has a relatively small fanbase (a shocking amount of One-Punch Man fans, which is where the large majority of his audience is from, don't even know about ONE at all, shit a lot of them think Murata is the author). Manga just isn't as popular as anime, and webcomics are mostly centered to the community that exists around webcomics in general. I mean, ONE's webcomic's are the only ones I have read ever, so that says a lot. They both actually started off even more modest than Versus did, with ONE having virtually no community at the time and the artwork being quite...humble, in quality.

I think when Versus has settled into the universe and we've gotten into the more nitty gritty side of things, and maybe even gets an anime adaptation announced, let alone when an anime does happen (if it does), then Versus is going to get quite a lot of attention. Probably will end up being ONE's third most popular series.

I don't think it's that it flopped. In fact it can't even be said that it flopped or performed well, there's only like, what, 5 or 6 chapters? It literally just started.

Might just be me being an optimist, but I genuinely think ONE just has a very creative mind and is overly pumped on sharing his ideas with the world, and I think the huge success of OPM and Mob Psycho further encouraged this by showing one how beloved some of his ideas were. And to be fair, Versus is just as unique, creative, and interesting as any other story ONE has made so far, at least imo. What matters is the execution, rather, whether it'll be good like Mob Psycho was and like OPM...mostly has been (though if you asked me, Mob Psycho>>>>>>OPM).

To be fair, I don't think it was remotely realistic from anyone to expect Versus to blow up very fast by any means. It took a long time until OPM and Mob Psycho hit the mainstream respectively, in fact it only really happened when they got into the anime scope of things. ONE has a relatively small fanbase (a shocking amount of One-Punch Man fans, which is where the large majority of his audience is from, don't even know about ONE at all, shit a lot of them think Murata is the author). Manga just isn't as popular as anime, and webcomics are mostly centered to the community that exists around webcomics in general. I mean, ONE's webcomic's are the only ones I have read ever, so that says a lot. They both actually started off even more modest than Versus did, with ONE having virtually no community at the time and the artwork being quite...humble, in quality.

I think when Versus has settled into the universe and we've gotten into the more nitty gritty side of things, and maybe even gets an anime adaptation announced, let alone when an anime does happen (if it does), then Versus is going to get quite a lot of attention. Probably will end up being ONE's third most popular series.
Agree with most of what you said here but I do have to note that the first volume of Versus did do pretty bad in Japan, sold less than 5000 copies in the first week.

It's worrying but Versus is still a very interesting and fun series, just needs to pick up more following. I also think ONE will be given more leeway and patience since he is a proven writer already so I don't fear an early cancellation if the 2nd or 3rd volume don't do well either.

btw chapter 6 translation got released today links are on the Versus discussion thread

Last edited:
Back