• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
How can someone unironically think GOD doesn't scale above Cosmic Garou?!

OPM fans can't read 💀
It's an instance of people overlooking story-telling and narrative implications in favor of "muh feats".

I guess Cus from Universe 10 in Dragon Ball is human level fodder because she has literally 0 feats or statements to speak of.

It's an instance of people overlooking story-telling and narrative implications in favor of "muh feats".
“Story telling” tells use that God is a guy trapped in a seal and doesn’t yet have the ability to fight for himself so he just gives other people power that he can’t use
Quite clear what they’re going for if you’re not using your selective thought process that only sees 4-A god rather than actual logic.

What I think people need to get is that not literally everything needs to be proven for it to be true. Water is a liquid substance, I don't need to prove that even if someone claims I do, it's a basic and fundamental fact of reality.

If you argue against something that is known and agreed to be true just for the sake of pure argumentation, you're just being a contrarian at that point.

What I think people need to get is that not literally everything needs to be proven for it to be true. Water is a liquid substance, I don't need to prove that even if someone claims I do, it's a basic and fundamental fact of reality.
agreed, I do indeed think we should burn those dirty witches at the stake, for everyone agrees with me, and thus I am correct. Those who seek to end our fair witch trials are simply contrarian!

“Story telling” tells use that God is a guy trapped in a seal and doesn’t yet have the ability to fight for himself so he just gives other people power that he can’t use
Quite clear what they’re going for if you’re not using your selective thought process that only sees 4-A god rather than actual logic.
As I said, is the page on the wiki supposed to be a sealed God? Because that's not indicated nor makes sense.

As I said, is the page on the wiki supposed to be a sealed God? Because that's not indicated nor makes sense.
well, unsealed god is quite literally a form that doesn't exist yet
so yes, we are giving a profile for the character that currently exists, not the featless hypothetical one

agreed, I do indeed think we should burn those dirty witches at the stake, for everyone agrees with me, and thus I am correct. Those who seek to end our fair witch trials are simply contrarian!
People often make analogies like this that don't actually work.

It's not a popularity poll, Ziller, damn near every single person in the community would agree that God can probably one-shot Garou if they ever came to fists, because that's what has been suggested throughout the series. That God will be an opponent on an entirely different level above everything before him, with even Garou being a mere servant of God, like the difference between a puppet and it's puppeteer. To challenge that idea when it seems quite obviously true is a contrarian thing to do. Even Vs. Battles Wiki, which is literally known for applying similar thinking to what you're using (prioritizing hard evidence over anything else) agrees with God scaling to Garou's, even in terms of God's theoretical physicals should he be physically present somewhere.

It's not a popularity poll, Ziller, damn near every single person in the community would agree that God can probably one-shot Garou if they ever came to fists, because that's what has been suggested throughout the series. That God will be an opponent on an entirely different level above everything before him, with even Garou being a mere servant of God, like the difference between a puppet and it's puppeteer. To challenge that idea when it seems quite obviously true is a contrarian thing to do. Even Vs. Battles Wiki, which is literally known for applying similar thinking to what you're using (prioritizing hard evidence over anything else) agrees with God scaling to Garou's, even in terms of God's theoretical physicals should he be physically present somewhere.
"it's not about popularity"
"....because everyone agrees with me-"

well, unsealed god is quite literally a form that doesn't exist yet
so yes, we are giving a profile for the character that currently exists, not the featless hypothetical one
God existing as an unsealed being isn't nonexistent nor hypothetical. He was once free and now he isn't. That's like saying that because Injustice Superman was in prison we can't treat him as the exact same character but restricted.

If God was unsealed, he would at bare minimum have the same powers he used while sealed for very obvious reasons.

but hey, if we didn't need the evidence and only a """narrative""" and people who agree, then I'm sure we have many examples of vastly stronger narrative arguments being accepted for other characters in this verse
right? right?
God existing as an unsealed being isn't nonexistent nor hypothetical. He was once free and now he isn't. That's like saying that because Injustice Superman was in prison we can't treat him as the exact same character but restricted.

If God was unsealed, he would at bare minimum have the same powers he used while sealed for very obvious reasons.
and sealed god has 0 4-A feats. The end.
Two things I never said.
It's not a popularity poll
damn near every single person in the community would agree
I smell a contradiction

but hey, if we didn't need the evidence and only a """narrative""" and people who agree, then I'm sure we have many examples of vastly stronger narrative arguments being accepted for other characters in this verse
right? right?

and sealed god has 0 4-A feats. The end.

I smell a contradiction
And there it is. As I figured, you don't actually disagree, you're being argumentative for the sake of argumentation, possibly even as a form of expressing a sense of unfairness. Time to find something better to do.

💀

I smell a motive.

Lad isn't gonna show up till like 5 more years lol
yeah, that's a good point
which brings me back to this
why exactly do we have a profile for a borderline featless character with 90% unknown ratings and an incredibly shaky AP "justification" that would at best be parallel timeline only
And there it is. As I figured, you don't actually disagree, you're being argumentative for the sake of argumentation. Time to find something better to do.

💀

I smell a motive.
no, I completely disagree. Putting it bluntly, your narrative argument sucks ass and is cherry picking as hell. You do not have anything showing why a 4-A god has to make sense in the story and are just throwing out "narrative argument" as a buzzword to compensate for the complete lack of any supporting evidence (which you have indirectly admitted to)
I keep comparing it to boros because your argument is shitty, and even if it wasn't this shitty it still isn't something that would be accepted based on how we treated this in the past
no, god has no 4-A feats. As Recon pointed out earlier, he is literally being contained by a dimensional barrier that was being broken by a single 5-C attack, and as I have repeated over and over, literally every time we see god do anything in the series, he is just using hax.
God. Is. Featless.

The fact that the most power god has ever bestowed was making monster garou go from 5-C to an unquantifiably above 5-C (or high 4-C I guess if you wanna highball) should have told you that though, I don't see why I have to explain this

The fact that the most power god has ever bestowed was making monster garou go from 5-C to an unquantifiably above 5-C (or high 4-C I guess if you wanna highball) should have told you that though, I don't see why I have to explain this
Whereas I said I don't even agree with a solid 4-A rating, I said that God's AP rating should be an "At least" scaling to initial Awakened Garou: Cosmic Fear Mode, with a note that he is likely superior to Garou at any point. Which you apparently chose to ignore. Not gonna bother with your other reply as it's the exact same thing you've been saying this whole time with extra "You're wrong and I'm right".

Whereas I said I don't even agree with a solid 4-A rating. Which you apparently chose to ignore. Not gonna bother with your other reply as it's the exact same thing you've been saying this whole time with extra "You're wrong and I'm right".
you still say possibly 4-A, even though there's not even enough evidence for that, which is what we're arguing.

But yeah I agree that by Vs. Battles Wiki's standards for ratings, your argument could stand and you can probably get it changed to "At least 5-C, possibly High 4-C, likely far higher". I just don't really wanna bother because it's one of those pointless arguments that doesn't seek to actually prove anything that can reliably be proven or that will really matter long-term. Eventually we'll see God's strength.

Remember this animation?

this was neat
to be honest I could see this being worked into a somewhat longer crossover story, although not a full series
in-character drive knight would probably sus omni man out like he's suspicious of metal knight, and probably have some contingencies for him
also boronians vs viltrumites seems like a fun idea too

this was neat
to be honest I could see this being worked into a somewhat longer crossover story, although not a full series
in-character drive knight would probably sus omni man out like he's suspicious of metal knight, and probably have some contingencies for him
also boronians vs viltrumites seems like a fun idea too
AniMatt said he was not satisfied with the ending so maybe in the future he'll do some kind of remake.

Imagine if ScrewAttack hired competent powerscalers who know how to word things for a casual audience and better animators for Death Battle, they'd make a huge comeback. But I think they don't realize that Death Battle still has a lot of potential and that they're the reason it failed.

I can't wait to look at YouTube shorts and see the 627th version of some popular DreamWorks character or Saitama versus another character.

Imagine if ScrewAttack hired competent powerscalers who know how to word things for a casual audience and better animators for Death Battle, they'd make a huge comeback. But I think they don't realize that Death Battle still has a lot of potential and that they're the reason it failed.
I wouldn't say it failed really
I still remember the hype for stuff like omni man vs homelander and dio vs alucard, both of which have millions of views

I wouldn't say it failed really
I still remember the hype for stuff like omni man vs homelander and dio vs alucard, both of which have millions of views
I'm talking about the majority of their fights in recent years. Those are some of their biggest battles since the "golden age". The problem is that most DeathBattles are for characters no one cares that much about (anymore). I'm shocked they haven't done the Doomslayer Vs. Kratos, for example.

I'm talking about the majority of their fights in recent years. Those are some of their biggest battles since the "golden age". The problem is that most DeathBattles are for characters no one cares that much about (anymore). I'm shocked they haven't done the Doomslayer Vs. Kratos, for example.
well gogeta vs vegito was the most recent one, it did pretty well too
I'd like to see Garou vs Yujiro though honestly, that's a pretty relevant matchup that I've seen lately

Back