• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
God’s AP justification sucks ass and we probably shouldn’t have given him a profile yet
the best we could possibly do is maybe give him a high 6-A for giving psykos power and being able to disrupt Tatsumaki’s attack
him taking garou’s power doesn’t mean anything since that was really only in the parallel timeline.
Not sure how the discussion progressed after this but I disagree.

Let's see:

Defeated Blast even while massively restricted.

Gave Awakened Garou his powers and could effortlessly take them away (it being an alternate timeline is absolutely irrelevant to this).

Blast didn't seem to view Awakened Garou as a threat on the level of God.

Narrative implications would imply God is meant to be a final boss of sorts above all other opponents faced so far. Considering you have used the same argument of narrative implications in previous arguments, I'd be surprised if you don't view this as relevant.

And he straight-up witnessed Saitama's battle with Garou and didn't have any visible reaction to what he saw them both do. Of course he may have just remained silent, but considering how he very casually took away Garou's powers and killed him with a pretty calm tone of voice, he didn't seem very perturbed, just annoyed that his avatar lost.

And he didn't "steal" any power, including Garou's. He gave Garou his power, and then effortlessly took them away. The fact that Garou grew so much stronger using the gift that God gave him and still was completely hopeless to do anything when God decided he was unworthy of the strength granted only gives further credence to the fact that he's supposed to simply be above Garou entirely.

And he didn't "steal" any power, including Garou's. He gave Garou his power, and then effortlessly took them away. The fact that Garou grew so much stronger using the gift that God gave him and still was completely hopeless to do anything when God decided he was unworthy of the strength granted only gives further credence to the fact that he's supposed to simply be above Garou entirely.
This while being mostly sealed btw

I mean, let me put it this way:

One-Punch Man's story is, for the most part, a fairly stereotypical Shonen manga story. And Saitama is a counter to that, a parody of the typical Shonen protagonist who grows throughout the story and overcomes various hurdles along the way, each "big bad" type of opponent being stronger than the last. But Saitama started off with ludicrous, godly power from the beginning. That's the point. He is an end-game Shonen protagonist only now going through his story. This is all straight-up said by ONE.

And everyone knows that the way Shonen powercliffing works is by, as I said before, each big-name antagonist (like the major antagonist of an arc, let's say), being stronger than whoever the last one was. With the "final boss" of sorts being at the pinnacle of the antagonists. And it is extremely obvious that God is meant to be interpreted as this final boss villain, whereas Garou is just the main antagonist of his arc. There's no way you can make the argument that God isn't meant to be narratively stronger than Garou, and just saying "Maybe it's a subversion" is silly as that contradicts the entire point of what One-Punch Man is.

Even with a massive lowball though, God would still at least be At least 5-A, possibly High 4-C FRA. High 6-A is blatant downplay.

Wait, did we forget to mention that it's even implied Garou only received a fraction of what God offered because he smacked his hand away?

God also presumably has a massive physical body entombed on the Moon, that alludes to him having physical strength just by sheer size and not solely esoteric hax powers.

one-punch-man2-iaian.gif

Cool

Not sure how the discussion progressed after this but I disagree.

Let's see:

Defeated Blast even while massively restricted.
A blast that was quite literally elder centipede level at that point
Gave Awakened Garou his powers and could effortlessly take them away (it being an alternate timeline is absolutely irrelevant to this).
Gave him what was initially a 5-C level of power before amping himself through other means, and took it away through hax.
God never gave Garou a 4-A level of power himself, and taking that power away through hax is not an AP feat, nor would he have kept any power he absorbed from Garou in the main timeline
Blast didn't seem to view Awakened Garou as a threat on the level of God.
Because God has the most hax of any character in the series
I don’t understand how this isn’t getting through to you yet. God has never punched anybody in this series, literally everything he does is hax.
He can’t even break a 5-C “dimensional seal”
Narrative implications would imply God is meant to be a final boss of sorts above all other opponents faced so far. Considering you have used the same argument of narrative implications in previous arguments, I'd be surprised if you don't view this as relevant.
And I could just as easily argue that he’s going to become stronger by the time he fights saitama, given that he’s still completely sealed. God at this moment is still not 4-A, that’s just a fact.
He has hax, his ass is not Boros.
And he straight-up witnessed Saitama's battle with Garou and didn't have any visible reaction to what he saw them both do. Of course he may have just remained silent, but considering how he very casually took away Garou's powers and killed him with a pretty calm tone of voice, he didn't seem very perturbed, just annoyed that his avatar lost.
Because he can make better avatars in the future
Also “no visible reaction” I want you to think this through for a few seconds.

Or rather that he has a hax ability which renders any vessel of his vulnerable to him
Garou could have been outverseral and it wouldn’t matter, he would’ve just been turned to salt

I mean, let me put it this way:

One-Punch Man's story is, for the most part, a fairly stereotypical Shonen manga story. And Saitama is a counter to that, a parody of the typical Shonen protagonist who grows throughout the story and overcomes various hurdles along the way, each "big bad" type of opponent being stronger than the last. But Saitama started off with ludicrous, godly power from the beginning. That's the point. He is an end-game Shonen protagonist only now going through his story. This is all straight-up said by ONE.

And everyone knows that the way Shonen powercliffing works is by, as I said before, each big-name antagonist (like the major antagonist of an arc, let's say), being stronger than whoever the last one was. With the "final boss" of sorts being at the pinnacle of the antagonists. And it is extremely obvious that God is meant to be interpreted as this final boss villain, whereas Garou is just the main antagonist of his arc. There's no way you can make the argument that God isn't meant to be narratively stronger than Garou, and just saying "Maybe it's a subversion" is silly as that contradicts the entire point of what One-Punch Man is.
God becomes unsealed and gets stronger by the end of the series.
It literally just takes a single sentence to fix every problem you have here.

TL;DR
Taking power through hax is still not an AP feat unsurprisingly
God initially granted garou 5-C power, the 4-A was accomplished through garou’s mimicry
God has no feats that put him at 4-A even if we automatically assume that his power bestowal scales to his own AP

A blast that was quite literally elder centipede level at that point

Gave him what was initially a 5-C level of power before amping himself through other means, and took it away through hax.
God never gave Garou a 4-A level of power himself, and taking that power away through hax is not an AP feat, nor would he have kept any power he absorbed from Garou in the main timeline

Because God has the most hax of any character in the series
I don’t understand how this isn’t getting through to you yet. God has never punched anybody in this series, literally everything he does is hax.
He can’t even break a 5-C “dimensional seal”

And I could just as easily argue that he’s going to become stronger by the time he fights saitama, given that he’s still completely sealed. God at this moment is still not 4-A, that’s just a fact.
He has hax, his ass is not Boros.

Because he can make better avatars in the future
Also “no visible reaction” I want you to think this through for a few seconds.
Point being? Unless you can prove that Blast was weaker than he was against Garou I don't see an argument from that.

God gave Awakened Garou his ability to copy, the radiation ability, as well as Cosmic Fear Mode, which is how he was capable of using the Gamma Ray Burst. God would scale to that because he explicitly gave Garou that power.
ZIller, my point isn't that God would scale to 4-A Garou by taking away his powers, my point is that Garou is an inferior being and merely God's servant.

Or because God is simply on a level of overall power that is entirely above Garou's, which is the entire theme here.
Once again pretending that my argument is something it's not. I know he has thus far only used hax, I know he has no AP feats, what you haven't seemed to understand is that having a lack of feats doesn't change the clear implication of his strength through ONE's story-telling.
We know literally nothing about the seal aside from the fact that it exists, irrelevant point.

That wouldn't be an argument, that would be a theory. Saying God is implied to be the strongest known antagonist and probably the final antagonist is a fact, not a theory. And additionally, God not being 4-A is not a fact, but God not being confirmed to be 4-A is a fact.

Ignored my point.
The condescending intent of your words is lost when considering that you completely missed what I meant (again). God's dialogue demonstrates that he clearly isn't perturbed by what happened nor afraid of Saitama at all. I'm not saying that because we didn't literally see God's reaction, means anything about his strength.

"Or rather that he has a hax ability which renders any vessel of his vulnerable to him
Garou could have been outverseral and it wouldn’t matter, he would’ve just been turned to salt"

Once again, misses the point. And major over exaggeration with the outerversal analogy.

"God becomes unsealed and gets stronger by the end of the series.
It literally just takes a single sentence to fix every problem you have here."

Is the God on the page of the wiki supposed to be a sealed version? Cause that just straight up wouldn't make sense. And that sentence really doesn't fix much either.

Personally; I think his rating should be "At least 5-C with a possibility of being High 4-C, but likely 4-A". What I disagreed with more than anything was the insinuation that he doesn't have enough information to be granted a page, god forbid putting him down to a High 6-A shithole rating (which if that were the case then I WOULD opt for no page).

Point being? Unless you can prove that Blast was weaker than he was against Garou I don't see an argument from that.

God gave Awakened Garou his ability to copy, the radiation ability, as well as Cosmic Fear Mode, which is how he was capable of using the Gamma Ray Burst. God would scale to that because he explicitly gave Garou that power.
ZIller, my point isn't that God would scale to 4-A Garou by taking away his powers, my point is that Garou is an inferior being and merely God's servant.

Or because God is simply on a level of overall power that is entirely above Garou's, which is the entire theme here.
Once again pretending that my argument is something it's not. I know he has thus far only used hax, I know he has no AP feats, what you haven't seemed to understand is that having a lack of feats doesn't change the clear implication of his strength through ONE's story-telling.
We know literally nothing about the seal aside from the fact that it exists, irrelevant point.

That wouldn't be an argument, that would be a theory. Saying God is implied to be the strongest known antagonist and probably the final antagonist is a fact, not a theory. And additionally, God not being 4-A is not a fact, but God not being confirmed to be 4-A is a fact.

Ignored my point.
The condescending intent of your words is lost when considering that you completely missed what I meant (again). God's dialogue demonstrates that he clearly isn't perturbed by what happened nor afraid of Saitama at all. I'm not saying that because we didn't literally see God's reaction, means anything about his strength.

"Or rather that he has a hax ability which renders any vessel of his vulnerable to him
Garou could have been outverseral and it wouldn’t matter, he would’ve just been turned to salt"

Once again, misses the point. And major over exaggeration with the outerversal analogy.

"God becomes unsealed and gets stronger by the end of the series.
It literally just takes a single sentence to fix every problem you have here."

Is the God on the page of the wiki supposed to be a sealed version? Cause that just straight up wouldn't make sense. And that sentence really doesn't fix much either.
I’ll get to the rest later, but massive reverse burden of proof on blast being weaker in the past
His only feat is being harmed by elder centipede, you’re the one who needs to prove he was already 4-A

Ziller, you're making too many assumption with flawed/incomplete reasoning, and who's to say God's abilities work like you confidently say the do?

And this argument would likely be moot after we inevitably get a chapter where God is battling againts Blast/Blastvengers, Saitama, etc. The mark of the strongest or world ending threats in the OPM series are beings able to take Saitama's punches.

Last edited:
I’ll get to the rest later, but massive reverse burden of proof on blast being weaker in the past
His only feat is being harmed by elder centipede, you’re the one who needs to prove he was already 4-A
Blast has never been 4-A and I didn't say he was. And it wasn't shown that he was harmed by Elder Centipede, we didn't see anything aside from like, 2 panels and the aftermath. There are no implications that Blast was stronger or weaker at that point than in current, where Blast actually seems rather old and possibly even rusty, whereas the Blast we saw in the flashback looked younger and probably in his prime.

But this argument is irrelevant because God being stronger than Blast is quite obvious. If you deny that in specific then I'm not even sure what to say to that.

Back