• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Why are we downgrading everyone like this? Everything I've read makes it look like semantics and loosely strung together headcanons.
And it seems to me, on the contrary, that we got rid of unnecessary overestimation.

Rather, the old arguments for high levels were rather flimsy.

We only look for accuracy and so far this new scaling seems to be the most accurate.
In fact, there is something unfair about this. Right now we are aiming for accuracy, but in the meantime, the profiles of many characters in other manga have too high results and are unlikely to change in the near future. Yes, I'm talking about Bleach and Naruto (I don't believe that chakra enhances their physical strength as much as their techniques are powerful).

Child Emperor Brave Giant destroying dozens of floors and Nichirin splitting a city block in half should be discussed as well btw

In fact, there is something unfair about this. Right now we are aiming for accuracy, but in the meantime, the profiles of many characters in other manga have too high results and are unlikely to change in the near future. Yes, I'm talking about Bleach and Naruto (I don't believe that chakra enhances their physical strength as much as their techniques are powerful).
You’re free to make a CRT about it, we’re not doing this because we’re unfair, we’re only doing this because changes had to be made. Remember, this scaling only existed because someone publicly admitted to make inflated results.

Child Emperor Brave Giant destroying dozens of floors and Nichirin splitting a city block in half should be discussed as well btw
I can recalc the Brave giant feat and the Nichirin feat wouldnt scale to anyone and it’s not going to be anything over city block level.

Im a bit confused, how did you find the speed of the beam?
The old calculation used the method where the Samurai traveled the distance from the moment Psykos fired to Psykos itself in the time it took her beams to travel more than a kilometer.

The speed at which the Samurai flew to Psycos is equal to the speed of the building being thrown, which here is at least subsonic.

Child Emperor canonically only destroyed 50 meter's worth of floors in order to reach the water. That's the number given to us in the manga at least.

You’re free to make a CRT about it, we’re not doing this because we’re unfair, we’re only doing this because changes had to be made. Remember, this scaling only existed because someone publicly admitted to make inflated results.
I haven't read all of Naruto. For now, it’s easier to just recalculate some feats in the future (For example, a meteorite, because the scan where the heads are visible against the background of the mountain is very inconvenient, because the heads against the background of the rock were not drawn in detail and accurately. In other scenes, the ratio of the heads of all Hokage and the height of the cliff were completely different, the cliff was much smaller).

But I don't really want to do it.

The old calculation used the method where the Samurai traveled the distance from the moment Psykos fired to Psykos itself in the time it took her beams to travel more than a kilometer.

The speed at which the Samurai flew to Psycos is equal to the speed of the building being thrown, which here is at least subsonic.
….. Huh?
Atomic Samurai would scale above/be comparable to him
Using speed of sound reactions barely made it city level and considering that’s a nono would make the feat even worse. I don’t think it’s worth calcing.
And yes Brave Giant feat should be recalced.
Alr.

Firstly, that's light not plasma, secondly, focusing a light is just converging already existing energy onto a fine point, which is not the same as what we are talking about at all. I'm saying that assuming the same temperature, a bigger beam of plasma will have more energy/require more energy to create.
Fair about the light =/= plasma, although processes such as plasma confinement supposedly work via containing plasma by various forces at extreme conditions in order to produce thermonuclear reactions.

It seems like the site is suggesting that confining plasma under extreme conditions produce thermonuclear reactions with said reactions requiring high temperatures to occur in the first place.

The site then goes onto list methods such as through gravity and magnetism to achieve this. Wouldn't confining plasma into one spot through forces (such as the ones listed above) be similar if not the same as condensing it into one spot?

"Plasma confinement refers to the containment of a plasma by various forces at the extreme conditions necessary for thermonuclear fusion reactions. These conditions exist naturally in stars, where they are sustained by the force of gravity. In the laboratory, researchers use strong magnetic fields to confine plasma."

Sourced from energy.gov

Child Emperor canonically only destroyed 50 meter's worth of floors in order to reach the water. That's the number given to us in the manga at least.
There is 28 floors in the scanner though. Also Brave Giant destroys those floors, goes through the water and punches through rock and even more floors.

Brave Giant feat in question btw:
aHR0cHM6Ly9jZG4uZGlzY29yZGFwcC5jb20vYXR0YWNobWVudHMlMkY5MTcyMzEwMzk3Mjg5OTIyNzYlMkY5MTcyNzIyNTc3NTgzODAwMzIlMkYzMy5wbmc=

aHR0cHM6Ly9jZG4uZGlzY29yZGFwcC5jb20vYXR0YWNobWVudHMlMkY5MTcyMzEwMzg0NDEzMjg3MDAlMkY5MTcyNzIyNzI4MTE3NTM1NDQlMkYzNi5wbmc=

aHR0cHM6Ly9jZG4uZGlzY29yZGFwcC5jb20vYXR0YWNobWVudHMlMkY5MTcyMzEwNDA5MzY5Mzk1NTAlMkY5MTcyNzIzOTkzOTE2NDU3NDYlMkYyLnBuZw==

aHR0cHM6Ly9jZG4uZGlzY29yZGFwcC5jb20vYXR0YWNobWVudHMlMkY5MTcyMzEwMzU2MTQzNjM2NzglMkY5MTcyNzI2MDQzMjExMjAyNjYlMkY1LnBuZw==

You mean this one? I mean sure but its both inconsistent with the scanner and the 50 meters statement and it's most likely just Murata re-using a pre-redraw panel.
Yeah. That is a panel leftover from a previous version of the chapter unfortunately.

By the way, according to this logic, Darkshine is only 235 centimeters in height.
That was his height at least, and what he tended to be drawn as. At some point Murata starting drawing him as a giga-muscular freak.

To be honest, I don't really believe in 50 meters either.

In the fight between Flash and the two ninjas, the distance to the bottom didn't feel like 50 meters.
The 50 m may be the distance to the cavern where the water is.

Back