• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I don't think it's right that you are comparing the explosion to the top width of the Centipede. Because it's slightly curled at the top, and that's why it looks a little narrow compared to the explosion. Compare its thickness below. Below we see its entire width and it is much larger compared to the explosion.

It will be much better if you recalculate it this way (I can recalculate if you don't want to).
Would that be higher or lower?

Anyway, I have a problem with some of the parameters.

They assume that every vertex of the light structure is a stone (assumedly since that's what they bounce off of), but we're also shown that they can move off each other rather than the stones, or get hit away in a manner that makes a light trail.
I don't think the calc is based on that anymore, it just calculated the size of the constellation and the density of rocks around them, as in every scene we can see that they are always surrounded by debris.

This is weird.

Max Lightning kills crows with one hit. Crows are stronger than Suiryu (Which you think is 2 times weaker than his base). It turns out that Max can kill such a Suirya with one blow. According to this logic, it is comparable to the peak Suiryu, because the difference is only 2 times.

However, the half-dead Suiryu can harm Bakuzan, who can kill Max Lightning in one hit. Also, Suiryu killed one of those crows with one blow. He literally ripped it apart with one blow.

I don't think we can decide how much Suiryu is weakened and just point Max to "probably higher". Plus, he's still stronger than each of those crows, by a lot.

I don't think it's right that you are comparing the explosion to the top width of the Centipede. Because it's slightly curled at the top, and that's why it looks a little narrow compared to the explosion. Compare its thickness below. Below we see its entire width and it is much larger compared to the explosion.

It will be much better if you recalculate it this way (I can recalculate if you don't want to).
@Kachon123

No, that doesn't make sense.

In the scan that I pixel scaled, Elder Centipede's body gets closer to the screen the further down it is from the explosion, so pixel scaling Elder Centipede when he's closest to the explosion is a lot more accurate.

As for your concerns regarding Elder Centipede curling, that is not a thing. If you look carefully, you can see that the entire width of his carapase is on full display, and even in the panel below the explosion we can see that Elder Centipede was not curled.

The blog is fine and does not need to be recalculated. Thank you.

In the scan that I pixel scaled, Elder Centipede's body gets closer to the screen the further down it is from the explosion, so pixel scaling Elder Centipede when he's closest to the explosion is a lot more accurate.

As for your concerns regarding Elder Centipede curling, that is not a thing. If you look carefully, you can see that the entire width of his carapase is on full display, and even in the panel below the explosion we can see that Elder Centipede was not curled.

It does look to me like Elder Centipede's body is turning the further up it goes.

Max Lightning kills crows with one hit. Crows are stronger than Suiryu (Which you think is 2 times weaker than his base). It turns out that Max can kill such a Suirya with one blow. According to this logic, it is comparable to the peak Suiryu, because the difference is only 2 times
Suiryu kills the crows with one hit as well

The range of the Centipede's body from the camera is the same absolutely everywhere on this scan. But the top is twisted. Therefore, it is safe to use the lower part.

The range of the Centipede's body from the camera is the same absolutely everywhere on this scan. But the top is twisted. Therefore, it is safe to use the lower part.
It's much less safe to use a blatantly closer portion than something that has a ± of maybe 2 meters at most.

I compared the explosion to the lower body of the Centipede and got about 7-8 kilotons.

This slightly more than 10 times lowers the result.
Completely unnecessary. Pixel scaling Elder Centipede's lower part is much less accurate than what I did. Yours is unusable.

It's much less safe to use a blatantly closer portion than something that has a ± of maybe 2 meters at most.
Why is it safer? It is closer only on the Y axis, which does not affect this. On the Z axis, the Centipede's entire body is equally far away.

n7aTs8lCwwI.jpg
I compared in photoshop. Through the top of the Centipede you get 11 pixels. Through the bottom part, which is NOT curled, but is at the same depth - you get 24.7 pixels.

Why is it safer? It is closer only on the Y axis, which does not affect this. On the Z axis, the Centipede's entire body is equally far away.

n7aTs8lCwwI.jpg
I compared in photoshop. Through the top of the Centipede you get 11 pixels. Through the bottom part, which is NOT curled, but is at the same depth - you get 24.7 pixels.
The lower Elder Centipede is, the closer he is to the screen in comparison the the explosion. Comparing things that are not even remotely close to each other does not make sense.

The lower Elder Centipede is, the closer he is to the screen in comparison the the explosion. Comparing things that are not even remotely close to each other does not make sense.
He's no closer to an explosion. In fact, the entire body of the Centipede is relatively the same in relation to the explosion or frame. Just the top part is twisted like a ribbon.

No it isn't.

Yes he is. We literally see his body get further the higher he is, and it's supported by this scan where we see his body is straight.
We only see on your and my scans that his body is perfectly perpendicular and his top has not gone somewhere "forward". At least not much.

And the twisting is perfectly clearly visible when approaching on the scan with an explosion, because we see that the center of the pattern on its shell is at the top not in the center, but on the left. That is, the center is shifted. The lower we go down the body of the Centipede, the more to the right is the center of its pattern on the body. I mean, it's twisted.

Therefore, it is safe to take the lower part of the Centipede.

Why are we downgrading everyone like this? Everything I've read makes it look like semantics and loosely strung together headcanons.

Back