• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Using threat levels to scale for AP is completely unviable, as I will now explain
here we can see that threat levels are determined by the following
Destructive power, aggression, difficulty to exterminate, and more
In other words, the threat levels given by the hero association can change based on many non AP factors. For one, difficulty of extermination alone is an extremely broad term that can mean many things, speed would make a monster difficult to exterminate, an intelligent threat or extremely durable threat would be difficult to exterminate as well. In fact, any monster with a kind of intangibility, crazy good regen, or other things making it difficult to kill would be able to get a threat level potentially higher than beefcake, without truly being 7-B. That, along with the possible MORE factors that the man alludes to, means threat levels are only going to get less reliable from here. Additionally, there are some more definitive examples of threat levels being blatantly unreliable for scaling,

Beefcake was going to become a dragon level, had he lived to do so. Of course, the obvious idea one could get is that his entire crater didn't do enough damage to warrant dragon level, thus a drgaon level must be stronger, however, the massive issue here is with the idea that his threat level could have changed to begin with. Marugori has no accelerated development that we know of, and yet, he would have been upgraded to dragon level eventually just for doing damage over time. In other words, beefcake, who scales to his 13 megatons, could have been a dragon level threat, even though, according to this wiki, anybody dragon level MUST be stronger than beefcake

Threat level scaling isn't completely dead though, as I propose that any threat levels given by the monster association are ok for scaling.
025.png

019.png

as you can see, the monster associations only cares about destructive power, and their power level is determined by a direct examination by psykos herself, making monster association levels ONLY reliable.

do not bring up the fact that the hero association ranks the cadres at the same level as the monster association. While they use different systems, overlap is completely reasonable seeing as all the cadres have destructive power and more. Sperm is difficult to exterminate seeing as he has a massive army, regen, and his platinum form is ****** invincible, homesless emperor has extreme destructive power and doees tons of collateral damage with his bombing, Nyan is extremely hard to exterminate due to his agility and body control, and can easily dura neg heroes. Point is, that's not an argument

due to the previous issue of threat level factors, along with beefcake HIMSELF being in the middle of a huge contradiction with the whole dragon level rating, nobody will be able to scale to 7-B anymore. The rest of the scaling can be figured out during this thread, such as elder centipede scaling to low 7-B metal knight missiles and all the folks who scale to elderpede
hero association rank scaling should also be strictly erased if any exists, as in addition to speed, power, intelligence, there is also stupid shit like justice and popularity. Even hero association guidebook stats are unreliable, as it includes flashy being less durable than darkshine, despite scaling directly above him many times over, and many unknown ratings and contradictions to scaling.

ok so basically every single 7-B character I've seen scales to elder centipede at some point in the chain, thanks to bang scaling to fubuki and ugly and genos and garou and everything, so that part should be easy

I think we already discussed this multiple times and that there are already plans to be working on that. But it is agreed using Threat levels exclusively to judge the tier of monsters was unreliable since Hero's Association has been known to either exaggerate how dangerous weaker monsters are, underestimate how strong stronger monsters are, or use threat levels based of their Environmental destruction or ability to cause plagues rather than their raw physical prowess.

I think we already discussed this multiple times and that there are already plans to be working on that. But it is agreed using Threat levels exclusively to judge the tier of monsters was unreliable since Hero's Association has been known to either exaggerate how dangerous weaker monsters are, underestimate how strong stronger monsters are, or use threat levels based of their Environmental destruction or ability to cause plagues rather than their raw physical prowess.
I heard something about plans but I also heard that it’s been getting postponed for like a year so I just decided to do it today

I agree with it applying to MA. As for outside of it, well I think it can still be taken case-by-case, but I don't disagree with the OP.

hero association rank scaling should also be strictly erased if any exists, as in addition to speed, power, intelligence, there is also stupid shit like justice and popularity. Even hero association guidebook stats are unreliable, as it includes flashy being less durable than darkshine, despite scaling directly above him many times over, and many unknown ratings and contradictions to scaling.
To be fair, that was accurate in the webcomic, based on the two tag teaming against Garou as a speed + power duo, with Darkshine requiring two hits to take out while Flashy Flash went down in one, it's just that it's now outdated due to the manga's massive power creep different developing

Anyway yeah this makes sense

Yeah, we should remove pretty much all of the Threat level scaling from the monster profiles, with some exceptions for the MA monsters.

Crablante, Sludge Jellyfish, Personification Of A Light Pull Cord, Electric Catfish Man, Rhino Wrestler, Bakuzan, etc. all need new justifications.

Rhino just scales to Iaian and Electric Catfish Man would scale to Lightning Genji who doesn't have a profile yet but I made it in my sandbox

Bakuzan would scale above Bug God and Royal Ripper and all of the other MA monsters that are not Cadres
Since he’s considered a Dragon level threat by Gouketsu (A MA Cadre), and that status is only for Cadre level and the most powerful monsters in the MA

Bakuzan would scale above Bug God and Royal Ripper and all of the other MA monsters that are not Cadres
Since he’s considered a Dragon level threat by Gouketsu (A MA Cadre), and that status is only for Cadre level and the most powerful monsters in the MA
Yeah, we should consider Bakuzan an exception. It's highly likely Gouketsu considers Bakuzan a Dragon-level based on his raw AP.

Bakuzan sucks so much ass it wouldn't surprise me that he is the only dragon level in the MA to not become a cadre lol
he's so ass that they forgot to update his human key, which says something, because they literally updated snek's value
sometimes I forget bakuzan exists, gouketsu kinda made him his bitch and then they both just died

I should add that there are several monsters from the monster association who were most likely given their ranks from the hero association, such as the 3 crows and maiko plasma, which would mean that their threat levels are likely unreliable as well

This will also downgrade Boros’ gang, right?
Yeah but melza still scales to silverfang, which means he’s still getting the 2.44 megaton treatment, and geryuganpeak of course scales above 5-C because he fodderizes Tatsumid and is the strongest psychic in the universe

I think that's enough staff agreements, maybe, its a lot of profiles though you should make a list of the characters affected by this and propose a new scaling chain.

well there's some specifics to be sorted out, like the scaling for the three crows and deciding what pureblood scales to
and most likely a calc needed for zombieman bending metal bars

Pureblood would just scale above the Tiger level monsters in the MA, so maybe High 7-C scaling to Electric Cat Fish Man
The problem is the fact that electric catfish didn’t get its rating from the monster association, it got it from the hero association, so that doesn’t really count for anything

Melzargard downscales from Bang, since he could briefly knock him out of commission but Bang was still mostly alright
When did he knock him out? He was only shown to be "down" for one panel, next panel already has him walking back.

Shadows over his eyes doesn't mean he was knocked out. In fact them hiding his eyes is meant to play up if he was actually knocked out or not. Him coming back in seconds kind of proves that the attack barely affected him. I don't see anything that says he was knocked out.

Atomic Samurai was worried for Bang and when Bang was hit his eyes widen in surprise. So I'm not against any downscaling if that is acceptable for everyone. But saying he hit him hard enough to lose consciousness is baseless. Nothing suggest he was knocked out of commission.

Now: Regarding the thread as a whole, it's already been accepted, but I basically agree with the above as well.

When did he knock him out? He was only shown to be "down" for one panel, next panel already has him walking back.

Shadows over his eyes doesn't mean he was knocked out. In fact them hiding his eyes is meant to play up if he was actually knocked out or not. Him coming back in seconds kind of proves that the attack barely affected him. I don't see anything that says he was knocked out.

Atomic Samurai was worried for Bang and when Bang was hit his eyes widen in surprise. So I'm not against any downscaling if that is acceptable for everyone. But saying he hit him hard enough to lose consciousness is baseless. Nothing suggest he was knocked out of commission.
I'm just basing off what's on Melzargard's profile

Back