• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Screen_Shot_2022-10-10_at_6.17.39_PM.png

i'm not trying to trigger anyone neither boros bros, just mentioning that even furher ugly is more relevant than boros and i dont understand all this riot :)

Checklist using TV Tropes:
  1. No personality. Weirdly, yes and no to me. He seems as though he's a character that loses his humanity in exchange for power, but he still oddly has some characteristics that show there's still some personality left in him. I'm gonna give this one an ❌
  2. Characters are inexplicably drawn to him. Maybe due to strength? ❌
  3. Extremely persuasive. Heck no, he really didn't do much persuading in the manga version of the Garou fight, as far as I saw. ❌
  4. Friend of all, all loving heroes. He gets along with every good guy except Tatsumaki, so I'll count this one. ✅
  5. Incorruptible. He's the abominable fist that turned against God, and he's still a hero for fun (and profit) in spite of how ironic it is that he doesn't fight anyone that provides him with any excitement in battle. I also doubt any kind of in-universe mind control will have an effect on him. ✅
  6. Dark past, overly cheerful. Eh, not really a dark past, just fighting a crab man. ❌
  7. Only has informed flaws. Believe it or not, I think this is a toss-up. He's had trouble finding a strong opponent, but weirdly can suppress himself enough that he didn't murder Garou by chopping him in the neck before he became a monster, and can control the force of his punches so he doesn't decimate a city stopping one monster. On the other hand, he's portrayed as having below average to average intelligence, but I can't recall how frequently this is seen as a flaw. ❔
  8. Jerk with no consequences. Nah, the Serious Punch Squared was going to have major consequences on the Earth (even if other punches that should don't as I mention in #11), and he's not really a jerk unless you count him calling Tatsumaki a sassy lost child. ❌
  9. Inexplicable/poorly defined skills. Heck yes, especially in the Garou fight. How can he grow exponentially stronger. Oh? Surge of emotions? That's cool. How does he copy things? No clue. How do 100 pushups, sit-ups, squats and a 10 km run equate to obtaining everything you need for time travel? How was he not skillstomped by Garou, who's one of the top martial artists in his universe even though he's had no training whatsoever? He had a clearly defined skillset, but then got random abilities because the writers wrote themselves into a hole and they needed a way to get out. ✅
  10. Always superior to canon characters. That's literally the whole point of Saitama as a character. ✅
  11. No effort for using or learning his skills. He had effort with training, but not using his skills. When he punched a hole in Deep Sea King and punched the rain away in the process, there was never any concern or any real training that was implied to him making sure his punches didn't vaporize the innocent people spectating the fight. Don't even get me started on the Cosmic Fear Garou fight. ✅
Feel free to correct me on anything you feel I got wrong with this checklist.

Last edited:
I wish we had a Garou beating up the S-class moment in the manga. Imagine Garou finding Atomic Samurai and his disciples during after Bang wakes him up, then turning his arm into a sword or using martial arts to simulate a sword Mori Hui style as he gets ready to face Atomic Samurai, and as they are about to clash Garou steals the atomic slash, skillstomps him in a swordfight and then decides to show Kamikaze an actual "atomic slash" where he splits atoms with sheer precision and causes a weaker nuclear fission to beat him.

I wish we had a Garou beating up the S-class moment in the manga. Imagine Garou finding Atomic Samurai and his disciples during after Bang wakes him up, then turning his arm into a sword or using martial arts to simulate a sword Mori Hui style as he gets ready to face Atomic Samurai, and as they are about to clash Garou steals the atomic slash, skillstomps him in a swordfight and then decides to show Kamikaze an actual "atomic slash" where he splits atoms with sheer precision and causes a weaker nuclear fission to beat him.
At least we didn't had the headache to debate S Class fans trying some sort of scaling to Garou

I think the very worst part about is that it was 100% pheasiblentonhappen in just….have it right before the Saitama fight and right after

People theorized Fubuki could’ve healed more of them if she utilized her energy better and it would’ve been a great way to keep the fatigued aspect of the s-class vs the new monster Garou and then just have everything else play out exactly as it did.

Also missed out on some quality Saitama comedy moments. “I’ll avenge you.”— Saitama to the downed flashy flash 💀

Apparently getting one shot but not dying is enough to scale for some people so yeah Cosmic Garou vs S-class would’ve led to some annoying debates

I think the very worst part about is that it was 100% pheasiblentonhappen in just….have it right before the Saitama fight and right after

People theorized Fubuki could’ve healed more of them if she utilized her energy better and it would’ve been a great way to keep the fatigued aspect of the s-class vs the new monster Garou and then just have everything else play out exactly as it did.

Also missed out on some quality Saitama comedy moments. “I’ll avenge you.”— Saitama to the downed flashy flash 💀
Would be a good way to upgrade his Whirlwind iron cutting fist too, wich imo is his most lackluster martial arts style.

He sees his sword techniques and uses them to turn WICF from a technique wich sends a few bladed wind slashes into a flurry of thin precise slashes Atomic Slash style, then he copies focused atomic slash (wich we got cheated out of ) to create an ultimate move to beat him ( in special i imagine a single hyper focused slash that cleaves through Atomic Samurai's sword and splits a mountain row behind him with great power.)

Later on in his awakened form he upgrades it even further into slicing atoms for either atomic fission or Metal gear style durability negation. Bonus points if Saitama is forced to dodge slash danmaku in a dumb way to avoid his clothes getting diced.

Checklist using TV Tropes:
  1. No personality. Weirdly, yes and no to me. He seems as though he's a character that loses his humanity in exchange for power, but he still oddly has some characteristics that show there's still some personality left in him. I'm gonna give this one an ❌
  2. Characters are inexplicably drawn to him. Maybe due to strength? ❌
  3. Extremely persuasive. Heck no, he really didn't do much persuading in the manga version of the Garou fight, as far as I saw. ❌
  4. Friend of all, all loving heroes. He gets along with every good guy except Tatsumaki, so I'll count this one. ✅
  5. Incorruptible. He's the abominable fist that turned against God, and he's still a hero for fun (and profit) in spite of how ironic it is that he doesn't fight anyone that provides him with any excitement in battle. I also doubt any kind of in-universe mind control will have an effect on him. ✅
  6. Dark past, overly cheerful. Eh, not really a dark past, just fighting a crab man. ❌
  7. Only has informed flaws. Believe it or not, I think this is a toss-up. He's had trouble finding a strong opponent, but weirdly can suppress himself enough that he didn't murder Garou by chopping him in the neck before he became a monster, and can control the force of his punches so he doesn't decimate a city stopping one monster. On the other hand, he's portrayed as having below average to average intelligence, but I can't recall how frequently this is seen as a flaw. ❔
  8. Jerk with no consequences. Nah, the Serious Punch Squared was going to have major consequences on the Earth (even if other punches that should don't as I mention in #11), and he's not really a jerk unless you count him calling Tatsumaki a sassy lost child. ❌
  9. Inexplicable/poorly defined skills. Heck yes, especially in the Garou fight. How can he grow exponentially stronger. Oh? Surge of emotions? That's cool. How does he copy things? No clue. How do 100 pushups, sit-ups, squats and a 10 km run equate to obtaining everything you need for time travel? How was he not skillstomped by Garou, who's one of the top martial artists in his universe even though he's had no training whatsoever? He had a clearly defined skillset, but then got random abilities because the writers wrote themselves into a hole and they needed a way to get out. ✅
  10. Always superior to canon characters. That's literally the whole point of Saitama as a character. ✅
  11. No effort for using or learning his skills. He had effort with training, but not using his skills. When he punched a hole in Deep Sea King and punched the rain away in the process, there was never any concern or any real training that was implied to him making sure his punches didn't vaporize the innocent people spectating the fight. Don't even get me started on the Cosmic Fear Garou fight. ✅
Feel free to correct me on anything you feel I got wrong with this checklist.
I'm ready to be ratio'd on this unless it's all facts.

I saw Cryo's criteria for a Mary Sue he got from TV Tropes and used for Superman, so I decided to make one for the caped baldy.

1. Incorruptible. He's the abominable fist that turned against God, and he's still a hero for fun (and profit) in spite of how ironic it is that he doesn't fight anyone that provides him with any excitement in battle. I also doubt any kind of in-universe mind control will have an effect on him. ✅
Actually garou has a line directly addressing this, saying “No person with that kind of power can stay in their right mind” which could be foreshadowing? I say it’s too early to check this one off at least, since the manga directly acknowledges it.
Inexplicable/poorly defined skills. Heck yes, especially in the Garou fight. How can he grow exponentially stronger. Oh? Surge of emotions? That's cool. How does he copy things? No clue. How do 100 pushups, sit-ups, squats and a 10 km run equate to obtaining everything you need for time travel? How was he not skillstomped by Garou, who's one of the top martial artists in his universe even though he's had no training whatsoever? He had a clearly defined skillset, but then got random abilities because the writers wrote themselves into a hole and they needed a way to get out. ✅
Saitama literally already had accelerated development tho
the idea is that Saitama already went through all his arcs and power amps during his training, and the events of the manga are what happened afterward, when he reaches the top. It’s not surprising that he picked up martial arts skill when he was just a regular guy doing intense training, along with breaking his limiter being something heavily related to god, so it makes sense for him to harness god’s power
Always superior to canon characters. That's literally the whole point of Saitama as a character. ✅
Watchdog man handled Garou way better is all I’m saying
But actually here’s a list of things advantages people have over Saitama
King: playing video games
Blast: the power of friendship and the elf with ****
Fubuki: the power of friendship. And ****.
But most of all
God:
  1. No effort for using or learning his skills. He had effort with training, but not using his skills. When he punched a hole in Deep Sea King and punched the rain away in the process, there was never any concern or any real training that was implied to him making sure his punches didn't vaporize the innocent people spectating the fight. Don't even get me started on the Cosmic Fear Garou fight. ✅.
The meteor scene

Actually garou has a line directly addressing this, saying “No person with that kind of power can stay in their right mind” which could be foreshadowing? I say it’s too early to check this one off at least, since the manga directly acknowledges it.
Or Garou's in denial.

Saitama literally already had accelerated development tho
the idea is that Saitama already went through all his arcs and power amps during his training, and the events of the manga are what happened afterward, when he reaches the top. It’s not surprising that he picked up martial arts skill when he was just a regular guy doing intense training, along with breaking his limiter being something heavily related to god, so it makes sense for him to harness god’s power
The Superfight tournament and Saitama trying to learn about martial arts makes the idea that he picks up martial arts makes no sense. I also personally think that Saitama having that copying ability kind of cheapens him, personally. It felt like they only gave him that ability because Cosmic Fear Garou and the radiation stuff created a moment where they realized they goofed and had to redo it.

Watchdog man handled Garou way better is all I’m saying
But actually here’s a list of things advantages people have over Saitama
King: playing video games
Blast: the power of friendship and the elf with ****
Fubuki: the power of friendship. And ****.
But most of all
God:
God is really the only valid point there. None of the other characters listed are actually better than Saitama in a way that matters. Even characters that are in terms of intelligence and utility are still outdone by Saitama (and the copying ability means that they aren't better than Saitama in utility, in all actuality).

The meteor scene
Valid.

Inexplicable/poorly defined skills. Heck yes, especially in the Garou fight. How can he grow exponentially stronger. Oh? Surge of emotions? That's cool. How does he copy things? No clue. How do 100 pushups, sit-ups, squats and a 10 km run equate to obtaining everything you need for time travel? How was he not skillstomped by Garou, who's one of the top martial artists in his universe even though he's had no training whatsoever? He had a clearly defined skillset, but
Someone didn't read the limiter chapter

Regardless of if Watchdogman turns out to be a god tier of not, I’m interested in what they’re gonna do with him since everything about him is basically a mystery
we’ve basically not even seen city Q either I think, and he’s only been in a single fight scene
need justice for Watchdog Man

Back