• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I feel like something happening to your family, especially your wife and unborn child, would qualify as something terrible happening to you as well
Only who walks on ember can feels it, no matter how much Superman loved his wife and unborn child there's no way he felt worse than what Kaneki felt here

fja686hwl6g81.jpg

everyone decide to cry for boros these days lol.
how can a character that is literally zero relevant to the anime be so.....?

Injustice Superman sucks. It's based on the faulty idea that Superman is only good for people like Lois, but the moment she starts pushing up daisies he goes insane. That is wildly inconsistent with Superman's character. If Superman was more accurate to his character, he'd probably still be Superman. Yes, of course he'd be sad, but he'd still be Superman. Alan Moore's For the Man Who Has Everything captures a Superman that gives up a perfect life, with a wife and a son, to be Superman. If he can continue to be Superman and choose to leave that illusion that felt real behind to be Superman, I don't see how he'd go sicko mode for losing Lois and his unborn child in Injustice aside from it being character assassination.

I'd recommend a couple of videos by Overly Sarcastic Productions that cover Superman as a character, and also show why stuff like Injustice and Zack Snyder's DCEU fundamentally misunderstand and fail to accurately represent Superman.

And yes, I'm still on the topic of Superman even in a OPM thread.

Injustice Superman sucks. It's based on the faulty idea that Superman is only good for people like Lois, but the moment she starts pushing up daisies he goes insane. That is wildly inconsistent with Superman's character. If Superman was more accurate to his character, he'd probably still be Superman. Yes, of course he'd be sad, but he'd still be Superman.
******* exactly. Grant Morrison said something to this effect as well.

I'd recommend a couple of videos by Overly Sarcastic Productions that cover Superman as a character, and also show why stuff like Injustice and Zack Snyder's DCEU fundamentally misunderstand and fail to accurately represent Superman.
I love OSP. Actually how I found out I'm ace.

I have one contension though. Snyder's take is fine. Not every Superman has to be the same, especially seeing as Superman is a painfully boring Mary Sue 99.99% of the time. It's when a series tries, and fails to understand that OG Superman (like Injustice), that I take problem with it.

Also can we make a CRT for Possibly High 3A Saitama due to being confirmed to have traveled at least FTL+ and Genos stating the General Theory of Relativity is an actual part of the OPM verse.

I love OSP. Actually how I found out I'm ace.

I have one contension though. Snyder's take is fine. Not every Superman has to be the same, especially seeing as Superman is a painfully boring Mary Sue 99.99% of the time. It's when a series tries, and fails to understand that OG Superman (like Injustice), that I take problem with it.
I feel all of that except Superman being a painfully boring Mary Sue.

I started working on one a while ago and I completely forgot to finish it. I'll probably get around to completing it in at least a month from now because I have a lot of projects in and out of the site to get to first.
Is there a way I may assist, then? Although I don't really know where all the info is located, I would at least like to give input on a few things that require it

Also can we make a CRT for Possibly High 3A Saitama due to being confirmed to have traveled at least FTL+ and Genos stating the General Theory of Relativity is an actual part of the OPM verse.
this could have merit but also we both know there's a 0% chance people will let high 3-A anywhere near a opm profile

This is just… objectively false.
Bro didn't they literally give him a solar flare power out of nowhere because the plot needed it? Also the writers said Superman is as strong as he needs to be for the story, kind of seems like a Mary Sue.

Checklist using TV Tropes:
  1. No personality. Sometimes, but I'll give a no here X
  2. Characters are inexplicably drawn to them. No, he's genuinely nice, so this is an X
  3. Extremely Persuasive. This one is very dependent on the writer.
  4. Friend of all, all loving heroes. Man literally dies 9 trillion times for people he doesn't know every ten issues.
  5. Incoruptable. Minus spinoff worlds.
  6. Dark Past, Overly cheerful. I mean he's got everything, which is its own problem but whatever. X
  7. Only has informed flaws. "He's too selfless", that's not a flaw, it's a virtue.
  8. Jerk with no consequences. Nope, he's pretty nice. X
  9. Inexplicable/poorly defined skills. It just so happens that his father added genes to make him a tier 6 genius only like 1 layer below Batman. The dude's great at everything because he's Superman.
  10. Always superior to canon characters. This list is meant for OC Mary Sues, but the point still stands. He's almost as fast as the flash, one of the smartest members of the team, he's the strongest, has some of the most versatile ablity sets ect.
  11. No effort for using or learning their skills. Self explanatory.
There's a lot, and I mean a lot more.

Bro didn't they literally give him a solar flare power out of nowhere because the plot needed it? Also the writers said Superman is as strong as he needs to be for the story, kind of seems like a Mary Sue.

2. Characters are inexplicably drawn to them. No, he's genuinely nice, so this is an X
  4. Friend of all, all loving heroes. Man literally dies 9 trillion times for people he doesn't know every ten issues.
  6. Dark Past, Overly cheerful. I mean he's got everything, which is its own problem but whatever. X
  7. Only has informed flaws. "He's too selfless", that's not a flaw, it's a virtue.
  9. Inexplicable/poorly defined skills. It just so happens that his father added genes to make him a tier 6 genius only like 1 layer below Batman. The dude's great at everything because he's Superman.
  10. Always superior to canon characters. This list is meant for OC Mary Sues, but the point still stands. He's almost as fast as the flash, one of the smartest members of the team, he's the strongest, has some of the most versatile ablity sets ect.
There's a lot, and I mean a lot more.
How many Superman comics have you actually read? Most of these are outright false

Last edited:
Bro didn't they literally give him a solar flare power out of nowhere because the plot needed it?
What are you talking about? The plot didn’t need the Super Flare to exist at all.
Also the writers said Superman is as strong as he needs to be for the story, kind of seems like a Mary Sue.
If you’d actually read Superman comics, you’d know that this ain’t even remotely the case.
Yeah, this shows that you haven’t actually read Superman. ESPECIALLY that last one.

Back