• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Ok I think it’s gonna have to be armstrong vs half monster garou (because evolves GG)
alternatively it could have both a human garou round and half monster garou round

Why is Pyskos listed as At least City level (Should at least be comparable to her meat puppet, Gyoro Gyoro)

When she outright confirms herself>>>Gyoro Gyoro?

19.png

Plus it makes sense considering it's just a meat puppet she controlling from long distances away at all times so it is most likely unable to utilize more than a fraction of her actual power

Why is Pyskos listed as At least City level (Should at least be comparable to her meat puppet, Gyoro Gyoro)

19.png

Plus it makes sense considering it's just a meat puppet she controlling from long distances away at all times so it is most likely unable to utilize more than a fraction of her actual power
That statement was made after Psykos consumed the serum, she wasn’t in base at the time.

19.png

chill she's getting buffed to high 6-a

It would make sense for her to be stronger than her puppet but we lack an actual, direct statement that isn't after the serum. Without it, putting Base Psykos above Gyoro Gyoro is an assumption

It would make sense for her to be stronger than her puppet but we lack an actual, direct statement that isn't after the serum. Without it, putting Base Psykos above Gyoro Gyoro is an assumptiom
it's not, it's the basic in my POV.
She is LITERALLY controlling Gyoro Gyoro from 1,5km away. All using her OWN power. Without mentioning that Gyoro Gyoro is nothing but a puppet of meat and this only means that anything, ANYTHING that gyoro gyoro can do, Psykos do much better.
we dont need a statement confirming that Gyoro is weaker than psykos, this is OBVIOUS.

the strenght comes from the fisherman, not from the rod.
so basic as 1+1=2.
If gyoro is atleast 7-b, psykos must be atleast 7-b, possibly higher (or far higher)
NOTHING implies that Gyoro Gyoro is stronger than base psykos, tbh the OPPPOSITE that is shown. She is said to need various points of energy to control it from a long distance, which means that she's not using her full potential on the puppet lol

Honestly, Saitama gave me Mary Sue vibes when he could also grow stronger like Garou and could also copy abilities like Garou when amped by God, and all of that. Not saying he is one, but those vibes were there, ngl.
I'd say the difference is the plot kind of revolves around the absurdism of that situation, he's clearly got a depressive disorder, and he's a flawed character. He's somewhat greedy, lazy, dumb, has a low attention span. He can be selfless, but he's not a christ or Moses stand in.
  1. Incorruptible. He's the abominable fist that turned against God, and he's still a hero for fun (and profit) in spite of how ironic it is that he doesn't fight anyone that provides him with any excitement in battle. I also doubt any kind of in-universe mind control will have an effect on him. ✅
Bro he's literally bribed by a hot pot of lobster. He's not evil, but he's bribeable.
  1. Only has informed flaws. Believe it or not, I think this is a toss-up. He's had trouble finding a strong opponent, but weirdly can suppress himself enough that he didn't murder Garou by chopping him in the neck before he became a monster, and can control the force of his punches so he doesn't decimate a city stopping one monster. On the other hand, he's portrayed as having below average to average intelligence, but I can't recall how frequently this is seen as a flaw. ❔
He's consistently incapable of grasping concepts, causing other characters to have to explain it to him, his low attention span leads him to miss out on important information because he's bored, and he's hyper fixated on fiding a new opponent to self destructive levels. He's also apathetic to the suffering of others, ignoring the shards of rubble destroying civilian lives.
  1. Inexplicable/poorly defined skills. Heck yes, especially in the Garou fight. How can he grow exponentially stronger. Oh? Surge of emotions? That's cool. How does he copy things? No clue. How do 100 pushups, sit-ups, squats and a 10 km run equate to obtaining everything you need for time travel? How was he not skillstomped by Garou, who's one of the top martial artists in his universe even though he's had no training whatsoever? He had a clearly defined skillset, but then got random abilities because the writers wrote themselves into a hole and they needed a way to get out. ✅
Is kind of the point. He's your average shonen hero with too much power.
  1. Always superior to canon characters. That's literally the whole point of Saitama as a character. ✅
  2. No effort for using or learning his skills. He had effort with training, but not using his skills. When he punched a hole in Deep Sea King and punched the rain away in the process, there was never any concern or any real training that was implied to him making sure his punches didn't vaporize the innocent people spectating the fight. Don't even get me started on the Cosmic Fear Garou fight. ✅
Both of these fall under the same rebuttal. Saitama's faster and stronger than the other characters, but he's 100% inferior everywhere else. The story is much more character driven.

I'd like to conclude by saying that being a Mary Sue is not just "I'm really strong". It's being strong, beautiful, smart, loved, fast, selfless, and borderline perfect. TLDR; They're a character who doesn't need to grow as a person because they're already great. Ever wonder why it feels wrong for Superman to turn evil? It's because he never would. I've heard a lot of people sh*t on people who call Superman a Mary Sue, but I've never any arguments for why he doesn't qualify as one.

Back to OPM discussions lol

I'd say the difference is the plot kind of revolves around the absurdism of that situation, he's clearly got a depressive disorder, and he's a flawed character. He's somewhat greedy, lazy, dumb, has a low attention span. He can be selfless, but he's not a christ or Moses stand in.

Bro he's literally bribed by a hot pot of lobster. He's not evil, but he's bribeable.

He's consistently incapable of grasping concepts, causing other characters to have to explain it to him, his low attention span leads him to miss out on important information because he's bored, and he's hyper fixated on fiding a new opponent to self destructive levels. He's also apathetic to the suffering of others, ignoring the shards of rubble destroying civilian lives.

Is kind of the point. He's your average shonen hero with too much power.

Both of these fall under the same rebuttal. Saitama's faster and stronger than the other characters, but he's 100% inferior everywhere else. The story is much more character driven.

I'd like to conclude by saying that being a Mary Sue is not just "I'm really strong". It's being strong, beautiful, smart, loved, fast, selfless, and borderline perfect. TLDR; They're a character who doesn't need to grow as a person because they're already great. Ever wonder why it feels wrong for Superman to turn evil? It's because he never would. I've heard a lot of people sh*t on people who call Superman a Mary Sue, but I've never any arguments for why he doesn't qualify as one.

Back to OPM discussions lol
I think people miss with Superman the idea that he actually has his own issues and desires. He's not perfect. He loses his temper at times, he fails, he's nowhere near the strongest character in his universe, and he as a character inspires hope. The people of Metropolis love him, but that doesn't mean he's universally loved by everyone, the thing is that Superman will save people regardless of whether they like him or not. There's actually a comic where a girl was about to jump of a building and didn't want Superman to save her, so he didn't. He just stood there, and said he would wait there if she changed her mind and wanted to come down. My knowledge of Superman comics is limited, though I do plan on expanding it, so I'd suggest maybe talking to LordTracer about it, watching OSP's two videos on Superman, and/or Literature Devil's videos on Mary Sues as well as his video "Is Superman Relevant Today"?

With Saitama, I know he's not a Mary Sue, but I just wanted to do the checklist with him out of curiosity to see how many of those criteria he meets.

Facts.

Working on a High 3A Saitama CRT.
God bless your soul. A word of advice, make sure the OP thoroughly addresses common counterarguments like “it’s a hypothesis” and stuff before people bring it up over and over
Idk if I fully agree with it in the first place, but ensure you do it as efficiently as possible

What major flaw does he have? Like really I'm asking.
His staunch sense of justice can and has been a flaw before. When other heroes compromise their morals or operate outside of his view of justice, it causes tension between them and Superman. This has even happened with his closest friends, like when Wonder Woman killed Maxwell Lord.

Prior to Supergirl’s arrival, Clark would suffer from loneliness due to being the only Kryptonian on Earth, and when Supergirl did arrive, Clark was way too overbearing and essentially tried to dictate what Kara should be doing, ignoring Batman and Wonder Woman’s advice until he couldn’t anymore.

Also iirc, when Dick Grayson became Batman after the “death” of Bruce, Clark flat out refused to accept him as Batman until Wonder Woman talked some sense into him.

His staunch sense of justice can and has been a flaw before. When other heroes compromise their morals or operate outside of his view of justice, it causes tension between them and Superman. This has even happened with his closest friends, like when Wonder Woman killed Maxwell Lord.

Prior to Supergirl’s arrival, Clark would suffer from loneliness due to being the only Kryptonian on Earth, and when Supergirl did arrive, Clark was way too overbearing and essentially tried to dictate what Kara should be doing, ignoring Batman and Wonder Woman’s advice until he couldn’t anymore.

Also iirc, when Dick Grayson became Batman after the “death” of Bruce, Clark flat out refused to accept him as Batman until Wonder Woman talked some sense into him.
Straight up first and only good argument I've heard in Superman's favor.

How on Earth did I forget about those instances? There's also Superman retiring from being Superman in Kingdom Come for a little while due to people not wanting a hero that doesn't kill and opting for edgier heroes instead (given the comic run was a deconstruction of anti-heroes), and him failing by his own standards at the end of Alan Moore's Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow? Don't want to spoil it too much, but yeah.

He has flaws, and can fail. He does lose his temper at times as well, as I mentioned before.

Last edited:
Broken limiter, many limitless statements, that infinite strength picture from some material.

I personally think infinite potential is a better argument than actual infinite power.

Broken limiter, many limitless statements, that infinite strength picture from some material.

I personally think infinite potential is a better argument than actual infinite power.
I don't think anyone disagrees with infinite potential. I would hope not at least lmao.

not sure how hot of a take this is but, tbh the power scaling aspect of vs battles tends to be way less fun than the battles themselves
I mean from a thematic/fanfiction standpoint, something like Genos vs Raiden would be cool because it's genos vs a "mad cyborg"
but then you get the actual stats telling you that one characters speed blitzes 10 times over and dura negs or the other character one shots from a mile away and then it kinda ruins it
something like Yujiro vs Darkshine or metal knight vs iron man would work better if they were written to be within the same level of power
it gets especially cool when people have custom plots for vs matches too.

Back