• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
nothing even suggested that they had died at all
"If they have no resistance... they will all die" "Just being around means death."
Screen_Shot_2022-07-27_at_1.46.57_AM.png
Screen_Shot_2022-07-27_at_1.47.12_AM.png

No lmao. That was by far the best route Murata and ONE could have gone with. How would the story progress with morem than half of the cast dead?

-No Psychic Sisters Arc
-No Genos
-Entire Earth in shambles
-Solar System disoriented
-No S-Class Heroes other than Drive Knight, Metal Knight and Watchdog Man
-Much more.
just don't kill them or make blastvengers relevant by having them do the healing instead of having them disappear after redirecting the SS clash blast or using the highly advanced tech to heal everyone. Or something else besides time travel

Nothing, she just saved not very importing character named Genos from certain death
Genos dying earlier wouldn't change much lmao. If anything it'll piss Saitama off earlier if he found out his fried died, and Saitama likely would've been more bloodlusted on the monsters.

If anything, her letting Genos die would actually probably prevent Garou from going cosmic, in a morbid way

Zero confirmation they were dead before this chapter. They could've just been in the process of dying as far as we knew.
Tareo was dead before Garou and Saitama were yeeted to space, cosidering he asked Saitama not to kill Garou just before dying, which likely happened before Saitama confronted Cosmic Garou for the second time.

Just pointing that out

Shit talker angry little brat with massive ego is more enjoyable to watch for me than anything else
I hope Murata makes the Saitama vs Tatsumaki fight more interesting. It was surprisingly more boring than I thought it would be and kind of inconsistent.

Like, Tatsumaki, you can throw Saitama across the city but you can't lift him up?

Smh fiction logic.

Genos dying earlier wouldn't change much lmao. If anything it'll piss Saitama off earlier if he found out his fried died, and Saitama likely would've been more bloodlusted on the monsters.

If anything, her letting Genos die would actually probably prevent Garou from going cosmic, in a morbid way
Saitama will never know about his death for a long time and God will give his power to Garou anyway

I hope Murata makes the Saitama vs Tatsumaki fight more interesting. It was surprisingly more boring than I thought it would be and kind of inconsistent.

Like, Tatsumaki, you can throw Saitama across the city but you can't lift him up?

Smh fiction logic.
He's got a pretty thick soul

Tareo was dead before Garou and Saitama were yeeted to space, cosidering he asked Saitama not to kill Garou just before dying, which likely happened before Saitama confronted Cosmic Garou for the second time.

Just pointing that out
That's according to the current chapter which confirmed he died. Before this chapter, no one thought has anyone died yet. I was just pointing out how the situation could've been resolved without time travel.

the only way for saitama to be outer is for it to be superior to god, who was said to have created the divine plane, which is where all concepts and forms of existence come from.
concepts such as power, freedom, infinity, space, time, dimensionality, mathematics, numbers, will, fear, despair, good, evil, justice * saitama punch god and breaks the divine plane *then god transforms into his final form, where he is completely strange and irregular, where it is very difficult to determine his form because he constantly changes (deforms into many forms,being a blob,a large being,or a weird spaghetti)then god say:
GOD:humans do not understand, their desires are powerful, if someone has a great will and a great desire, that desire can be fulfilled, but it is a double-edged sword, which can be good and bad, since they can lose control and being evil beings, evil exists as a constant, but good exists beyond evil, but evil is greater than good, because it is easier to do evil.
saitama: SHUT UP, no matter what concept, right or wrong,good or evil,not matter,
you are wrong, because you think you are a god
GOD: I don't think so, I'm a god.
saitama: a god is not someone bad, who kills people, a god, does nothing, lets people be free and do whatever they want
Alexander is kinda like the Michael Julius of Vs Battles Wiki

Rinne said that everything would be fine if the time travel didn't happen, and that Murata should remove that aspect only.
That is not what I said, you're taking my words and jumping to conclusions with them.

What a shit take, do you have any ******* idea how many people will have died if wasn't for Fubuki one of them is ******* Genos, she's already this important to the story and we still didn't even get to her own arc
How does that hold relevance to what I said? Yeah, she heals people and summons barriers to give them limited protection, she's a support character. And that's the only genuinely significant role she's gotten. So mad over something like this.

"If they have no resistance... they will all die" "Just being around means death."
Screen_Shot_2022-07-27_at_1.46.57_AM.png
Screen_Shot_2022-07-27_at_1.47.12_AM.png
Never mentions quick death, most interpreted it as meaning death over a period of time. I saw very, very few people in the community who thought they actually died already or that they would die very soon. Hell, Blast doesn't even seem bothered about it that much.
Garou no longer has CFM, and even with it, he couldn't pull it off.

Saitama no longer has his memories from anything after the Gamma Ray Burst.

It is not anything that can be used anymore.
You look at things from an in-universe perspective. What's important here isn't who in specific can use it at any given point. It's that the ability is now an established thing that could be used again in the future.

That is not what I said, you're taking my words and jumping to conclusions with them.
True but if the time travel copout was redrawn it'd be great.
"If the time travel copout was redrawn it'd be great"

This heavily indicates that you believe (could be not how you feel, just how you worded it) that the story would be fine if the time travel was omitted.
Never mentions quick death, most interpreted it as meaning death over a period of time. I saw very, very few people in the community who thought they actually died already or that they would die very soon.
Like how Emirp noted, Tareo was confirmed dead, so I don't know why we shouldn't assume the same for everyone else, especially considering most of them were near death/injured beforehand (Tatsumaki, Flashy Flash, ect.).

"If the time travel copout was redrawn it'd be great"

This heavily indicates that you believe (could be not how you feel, just how you worded it) that the story would be fine if the time travel was omitted.

Like how Emirp noted, Tareo was confirmed dead, so I don't know why we shouldn't assume the same for everyone else, especially considering most of them were near death/injured beforehand (Tatsumaki, Flashy Flash, ect.).
I said that not because the events themselves were good for the story, but because time travel is a lame answer authors use as a deus ex machina for bad things. There was no reason at all for ONE to specifically bring in a time reversal element at this point in the story. Was the laziest choice, not just because of how unoriginal and convenient it is, but also because it sets back on very important character progression which would have had a positive influence on the series.

He wasn't necessarily confirmed dead either. No one said it outright and all we could see was him on the ground with some blood pooling out. Like many of the Heroes, he looked like he could have just been incapacitated.

Although from a vs battles standpoint it's a pretty big deal. It means that Garou can kill people in seconds to minutes at max just from being within like 100 feet of them, hell maybe not even that.

I said that not because the events themselves were good for the story, but because time travel is a lame answer authors use as a deus ex machina for bad things.
What even counts as a good deus ex machina?

A hero that just so happens to have the right ability to deal with Garou's radiation?

Metal Knight's sci fi technology?

They've all been done to death before not to mention, they all have their own drawbacks that would make their introduction to the story just as unlikely (like Metal Knight getting to them in time before they die of radiation poisoning).

I personally don't see why time travel is any less viable as a plot device.

A hero that just so happens to have the right ability to deal with Garou's radiation?

Yes and yes

They've all been done to death before not to mention, they all have their own drawbacks that would make their introduction to the story just as unlikely (like Metal Knight getting to them in time before they die of radiation poisoning).

Utilize the Blastvengers to teleport the heroes and civilians to metal knight and have them assist with the healing. Bam.

Or just have the Blastice League heal.

Two far better options that don't remove character development of the last 3 chapters (or put them on the back burner) and allow for more characterizations of characters we didn't see much of but know are important because of God shenanigans, unlike the time travel we have.

Didn't say it should be a better deus ex machina (though even those scenarios you mentioned would be better than time reversal). There's no actual need for it to be one at all. None of the Heroes die but are all severely wounded and need an arduous recovery (with the exception of regenerators). Tareo could die and I don't think it would even be an awful narrative decision, albeit for OPM that's a bit too dark (I'm referring to an actual, permanent death). Genos is repaired but without his memories, or his memories were stored into his energy core. And with it, you could still keep the character development.

Until 168's confirmation of what happened, the events really weren't so bad that a deus ex machina, let alone time reversal, was actually needed just to recover the story. Again, it was just the laziest option, because it's easier to avoid all of that extra work in favor of the convenient time reversal.

I kind of said it earlier but casual organ damaging radiation and life wiping attacks being survivable would damage my suspension of belief so I can't really view you guys' alternate options as being superior or agree that time travel was "unnecessary".

I kind of said it earlier but casual organ damaging radiation and life wiping attacks being survivable would damage my suspension of belief so I can't really view you guys' alternate options as being superior or agree that time travel was "unnecessary".
And some bald guy reversing time by making his positive and negative molecules imitate each other is more believable than that?

In the sense that it is the only viable method in the correction of a practically dead planet.
Blast says "any", not "every", to be specific. I doubt Blast was saying that Garou would kill all life on the planet by unleashing an attack, just that he could if things went poorly. If that's what you're saying.

I’m surprise you would think that considering Niichiran and TTM were able to survive without being healed for a while and was healed, considering their conditions.

Blast says "any", not "every", to be specific. I doubt Blast was saying that Garou would kill all life on the planet by unleashing an attack, just that he could if things went poorly. If that's what you're saying.
He said "any" attack could endanger the existence of all living things and he reiterates that statement when he gated Garou's attack albeit in a different manner.

It's not so much that they were actually life wiping in the literal sense, mind you, but that the heroes and civilians shown hurt cannot possibly survive if the area of effect is even a fraction of what Blast is saying since they're so near.

That's basically the crux of why I wouldn't say your arguments are "better" since they assume their survival is a guarantee.

I don’t think the planet was dead yet considering Blast and his team weren’t particularly present or gave off that idea
See above.

I’m surprise you would think that considering Niichiran and TTM were able to survive without being healed for a while and was healed, considering their conditions.
I don't really understand what you're trying to say here so I can't tell if this is relevant or not, or even who you're referring to. My apologies.

Back