• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
my brother in christ he sneezed jupiter to death
In all fairness, a sneeze produces vastly more power than a fart does on average. Hell, some people have suffered severe and even crippling injuries from sneezing hard enough or holding it in.

Either way though, an MFTL fart. Even for OPM standards that's a bit much.

Garou fans be like:
6o17vo.jpg

should we make a crt about saitama and garou's achievements in IO month now or soon? There have been a lot of calculations regarding their achievements there, right?

It's mostly implied that he propelled himself through the portal. Not to mention, even if the OPM world and Saitama obviously aren't necessarily limited to a lot of standard principles in physics, a fart propelling him to Earth in seconds at most is a little too ridiculous.
As long as it's Saitama, it would make sense.

True but if the time travel copout was redrawn it'd be great.
No lmao. That was by far the best route Murata and ONE could have gone with. How would the story progress with morem than half of the cast dead?

-No Psychic Sisters Arc
-No Genos
-Entire Earth in shambles
-Solar System disoriented
-No S-Class Heroes other than Drive Knight, Metal Knight and Watchdog Man
-Much more.

No lmao. That was by far the best route Murata and ONE could have gone with. How would the story progress with morem than half of the cast dead?

-No Psychic Sisters Arc
-No Genos
-Much more.
Or ya know, don't murder them?

As someone who loves Fubuki and Tatsu equally and has them both as my favorite female characters I hate watching idiots fighting over them, can't feel the same for Saitama and Goku cause I ******* hate that jobber monkey

-No Psychic Sisters Arc
-No Genos
-Much more.
There wasn't even confirmation that everyone was dead until 168. From the looks of it, most people were under the belief that they all fainted, which is understandable because nothing even suggested that they had died at all, there were no heavily dark tones to even imply it, it just looked like they were defeated, not that they were outright killed, with only Genos being an exception. And even then, Genos could easily have been brought back through a variety of methods.

Time manipulation is the most cliche cop-out card authors use across virtually all of fictional media. It's very boring, predictable and unoriginal. I even predicted that time travel was a way ONE could reverse the huge narrative leaps these chapters have made. It completely destroys a lot of development as well by basically erasing everything important that happened in the fight at all. Not to mention, now that we know it can be done, that means the time reversal cop-out is fully viable to be used again in the future, which also isn't great.

Or ya know, don't murder them?
Sure but...

1. Their hair was falling out in minutes of exposure to Garou's radiation.
  2. Some started bleeding out of their orifices.
  3. Garou's attacks were enough to wipe out life on earth even dozens if not hundreds of meters above the earth. The heroes were much closer to this than the rest of the planet.
Honestly, everyone dying was the most realistic thing to happen Murata and One could have done. It is what it is and it's useless to complain about it now, as not even Murata is daring enough to go back and redraw several chapters of published materials.

Any fool can tell that Fubuki is much better when it comes to writing
In the webcomic I would agree. In the manga though she has had lackluster character development, and still just acts in an annoying egotistical way that isn't usually backed up by her actions. She's literally just a support character at this point with no real relevance in the story, and her backstory isn't nearly as relatable as Tatsumaki's, yet I'm expected to feel bad for her even though she tried to cripple if not murder someone for refusing to join her gang. She's honestly just bargain-bin Ritsu if I were to compare the OPM esper sisters to the Mob Psycho esper brothers, from a pure writing standpoint.

There likely won’t be a redraw. I think someone too a tweet out of context. Probably the one where he needed to clean up? That was about him cleaning his room.

In the webcomic I would agree. In the manga though she has had lackluster character development, and still just acts in an annoying egotistical way that isn't usually backed up by her actions. She's literally just a support character at this point with no real relevance in the story, and her backstory isn't nearly as relatable as Tatsumaki's, yet I'm expected to feel bad for her even though she tried to cripple if not murder someone for refusing to join her gang. She's honestly just bargain-bin Ritsu if I were to compare the OPM esper sisters to the Mob Psycho esper brothers, from a pure writing standpoint.
What a shit take, do you have any ******* idea how many people will have died if wasn't for Fubuki one of them is ******* Genos, she's already this important to the story and we still didn't even get to her own arc

Back