• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Apparently there are a few people out there who want OPM to end with this arc. I don't understand that- are they that worried the series will go in a direction they don't like or what?

What...?

I don't really understand either, did they just come out and say they want it to end this arc, or did they give any reasoning behind it?

I personally think there are so many interesting things that could come out of the next few arcs, I can't wait to see Murata's take on it all...

What...?

I don't really understand either, did they just come out and say they want it to end this arc, or did they give any reasoning behind it?

I personally think there are so many interesting things that could come out of the next few arcs, I can't wait to see Murata's take on it all...
Here's the post I was thinking about (reddit ofc):

"1). This 6 months time frame is like the "Frieza 5 minutes" from dragonball z that lasted 10 episodes....It doesnt matter and could go on Forever to end the series.

2). The longer the series goes on the less special it is. Look i get you guys want this thing to go on till your teeth fall out and you forget your damn name but guess what...there was a time that Pokemon was special...now 25 years later and the thing is like a rash...you cant get rid of it. If OPM is around in 30 years you might still like it but the vast majority will hate it.

3) the series is become the thing it used to make fun of....sorry it is. and the longer it goes on the more the cracks will show.

4). Berserk, Hunter x Hunter, vagabound, Pokemon, and One Piece.....all series that need to end of risk becoming an incomplete mess instead of Masterpieces or popular. OPM going on for 30 years will also fall into that category if as some say "i never want it to end!!!"

Oh and here was another comment this guy made;

"dude i really hope your right....because ya if it doesnt end with this arc..we have the psychic sisters arc, neo heroes arc, amai mask discovery arc, and a bunch of other arcs and the manga trying to adapt that will take ........forever!!!!!!!"

So... he wants it to end because the other arcs will take a long time and it’s possible that the series could decrease in quality as it continues?

Yeah, ???, the next arcs are still quality, so if Murata adapts them properly, we will still have quality lmao, no matter how long it takes.

Unless the webcomic goes to shit, the manga likely won't go to shit...

And I really doubt ONE would just have it go on forever, seeing as he did write and fully complete MP100 with a pretty satisfying ending. I trust that the webcomic is in good hands.

One guy said that Murata wants to work on other projects and he's been working on OPM for years now and that lots of stuff in the webcomic has been brought up earlier.

Of course I disagree and I'm pretty sure these comments are from reddit.

lmao...

To be fair Re:Zero is not one of those verses that shoves feats in your face, so it's impossible to know Roswaal's true strength... But even still, I'm pretty sure he ain't a multi-continent buster lmao (That would literally be destroying the entirety of the Re:Zero world).
Roswaal is considered by Puck to be on par with the Four Great Spirits, which is consistent with Roswaal being a match for base Puck. Characters around that level are usually considered around city to mountain level at best. Definitely no higher than mountain level for Roswaal, though he should have a lot of hax via scaling to other characters such as Beatrice. His speed is a complete joke though in comparison to OPM.

btw shouldnt genos core weakness in his profile be changed in his current form at least , i mean unlike before or when he tried to destroy the meteor his current self used waaay more energy than that already , his current core literally runs on nuclear energy and its not depleting in fact its the opposite , its overloading with energy its close to exploding even dk used his energy and dk took the power of a few dozen city blocks to charge himself a little .

also the careless thing too , i dont even remember the last time genos did anything reckless that costed him the fight at all after dsk fight, hell its the opposite he started using tactics and somewhat more cautious in his fights so i dont think this weakness apply to current genos at all

So... he wants it to end because the other arcs will take a long time and it’s possible that the series could decrease in quality as it continues?
I think so? He's obviously a little upset with the state of current arc, he might have been interested by the series novelty and had a harder time investing in the worldbuilding. I suppose if he thinks the current arc is worsening, he's afraid other arcs will follow the downward trend.

Granted I think that's all silly, but that might be something like his train of thought. I think he has seen what has happened to other series like Beserk or HxH and assumes the same will happen to OPM.

This is a dumb train of thought, considering that applies literally to all on going stories. If that is how people would think, there wouldn’t be stories with over 600 chapters of content.

who is that guy making the claims anyway?

This is a dumb train of thought, considering that applies literally to all on going stories. If that is how people would think, there wouldn’t be stories with over 600 chapters of content.

who is that guy making the claims anyway?
a dude on the opm subreddit

Some guy on reddit thinks that Keyaru can regen from Accelerator targetting his molecules because at the beginning of the series he rewinded time by 4 years and when he did it he called it "healing the world" but thats only because he literally names every attack "X heal"

He says that if Keyaru has prep time then he'll just disguise himself as Mikoto and use heal on accel and either copy his abilities or just use his destruction ability on him

The ability is specific stated to be "Time Reversal", and he only did it through the Philosopher's Stone amplifying his magical power, but this is off-topic.

Redditors
To be fair, this idea got panned pretty hard on reddit too. It just sounds like the guy in question doesn't like large scale worldbuilding and complex plots. That's fine, but it's ridiculous to think a story with such a complex world should just cut it all short and keep it simple to suit those tastes. OPM has so many good ongoing and potential plotlines to explore, you would only want to skip past those if you believed that OPM should stick to a certain shtick like parody or satire.

If everyone had that mentality, long-form storytelling just wouldn't exist and worldbuilding would be seriously underutilized

To be fair, this idea got panned pretty hard on reddit too. It just sounds like the guy in question doesn't like large scale worldbuilding and complex plots. That's fine, but it's ridiculous to think a story with such a complex world should just cut it all short and keep it simple to suit those tastes. OPM has so many good ongoing and potential plotlines to explore, you would only want to skip past those if you believed that OPM should stick to a certain shtick like parody or satire.

If everyone had that mentality, long-form storytelling just wouldn't exist and worldbuilding would be seriously underutilized
He was probably the type of fan who enjoyed season one since it fit the whole, "OPM is a parody idea and that it was meant to be a goofy story about a guy who oneshots stuff"

I remember some people were debating about whether the CSRC was Hugh 6-A or 5-B in a YouTube comment section, until one guy came in and said that Boros shaving the earth was symbolic, and he said that Saitama stopped the CSRC because he doesn't want the world to be bald like him. Then everyone stopped debating about the CSRC and debated whether the guy was trolling or not.

He was probably the type of fan who enjoyed season one since it fit the whole, "OPM is a parody idea and that it was meant to be a goofy story about a guy who oneshots stuff"
That's what I'm thinking. And if bald guy punches enemies is all there is to story, okay, it's going to have to be short. Even as an examination of shounen/superheroes with Saitama as a foil, it's only got so much gas. But the point is it's not about all about Saitama, not as a gag and not even as a character. Saitama's a principal figure and a force in a complicated, silly but engaging world and this guy just doesn't seem to understand the fundamental premise of the series.

His durability is Unknown. Iaian also cut holes into Melzalgald, but he ain't Low 7-B+. Melzalgald is a glass cannon

Pri-Pri-Prisoner knocked holes into Melzalgald, a Small City level+ character.
Iaian slashed him up. It's more an anti-feat for Melzalgald's durability than a feat for Puri Puri, since he's made of moldable space putty.

Like Black S, Melzalgald doesn't have 0 durability but whatever durability he does have can't be much better than mid-demon.

Well, Atomic Samurai implied that Bang took a little damage.
Are you referring to the OVA? That was as much a question as a statement from him, I interpreted it as AS being incredulous that Bang could have come out unscathed, but if you're referring to this statement that's also a valid interpretation.

Either way, Atomic Samurai clearly doesn't know the full extent of Bang's powers since he considers himself a worthy, friendly rival to Bang, an idea Bang doesn't seem to share.

Back