• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Considering that both the main Vib translation as well as the "official" Viz translation say the same thing (essentially), I'd say it certainly isn't a mistranslation, and especially not an accidental one. Yeah, we don't see the specific kanji in the raws, but that doesn't mean that the actual translations are debunked. They aren't just looking at kanji and searching for its definition, they understand how to read kanji, which is a complex written language, and we (or at least most of us) simply don't, the opinion of the translators is naturally more validated, although I'd like to get an actual response from one of them about the subject.

Either way, it's not that big a deal to be honest. It's just a contradictory throwaway hyperbole statement and shouldn't be taken seriously. The only annoying thing about it is the amount of Saitama fanboys that are gonna bring it up thinking it makes him unbeatable, but that isn't anything new.

Considering that both the main Vib translation as well as the "official" Viz translation say the same thing (essentially), I'd say it certainly isn't a mistranslation, and especially not an accidental one. Yeah, we don't see the specific kanji in the raws, but that doesn't mean that the actual translations are debunked. They aren't just looking at kanji and searching for its definition, they understand how to read kanji, which is a complex written language, and we (or at least most of us) simply don't, the opinion of the translators is naturally more validated, although I'd like to get an actual response from one of them about the subject.

Either way, it's not that big a deal to be honest. It's just a contradictory throwaway hyperbole statement and shouldn't be taken seriously. The only annoying thing about it is the amount of Saitama fanboys that are gonna bring it up thinking it makes him unbeatable, but that isn't anything new.
Saitama will become 4A or will just stay as 5C ?

My theory is that Saitama is a God who forgot all his memories but when he will get his memories he will get some new transformation and powers I guess and will defeat god with that powers with now iam seeing Saitama vs garou match I don't think he can defeat God with this much power

efoJB1y.jpeg

This is why powerscalers shouldn't write stories
Ryukishi07 is self admitted powerscaler and Uminkeo is one of the most well known visual novels on the web.

Wildbow is a powerscaler (even going as far as to participate in vsbattle threads) and (despite the travesty that was Ward) puts out decent stories not to mention Worm has one of the biggest as well as the most active fanbases on the entire net.

Creating awesome stories has nothing to do with whether you're a powerscaler or not, in my opinion.

Ryukishi07 is self admitted powerscaler and Uminkeo is one of the most well known visual novels on the web.

Wildbow is a powerscaler (even going as far as to participate in vsbattle threads) and (despite the travesty that was Ward) puts out decent stories not to mention Worm has one of the biggest as well as the most active fanbases on the entire net.

Creating awesome stories has nothing to do with whether you're a powerscaler or not, in my opinion.
Spoken like a true hero.

I don’t know any of these stories.

Garou: "Saitama, why are you removing your belt?"
In the Soldier Boy vs Captain America vid? That's cool but the guy then goes on to say that Homelander and Soldier Boy are at least City Level lol
I mean, it could be a valid interpretation. Most people don't look for consistency/take statements at face value, and that's okay, especially in this instance where they said there was no weapon on Earth that could hurt Homelander. I wouldn't have a problem with a possiblly key for all those who scale to him.

In fact, I think it would save this sight a lot of grief if we had keys that showed the consistent power of a character and the higher end, WOG style statements.

Was my attempt at humor that unfunny?

Powerscaling is just the method of Character A>Character B, and Character C>Character A, which means Character C>Character B unless anything suggests otherwise, so the term power scaler just doesn't make sense to me, because that's literally common sense. 💀

Anyways who cares if someone likes to talk about how strong fictional characters are. It's weird how people act like that's so out-of-ordinary they're some how genuinely different from normal people, it's just something done out of enjoyment, a hobby.

Anyways who cares if someone likes to talk about how strong fictional characters are. It's weird how people act like that's so out-of-ordinary they're some how genuinely different from normal people, it's just something done for out of enjoyment, a hobby. 💀
It’s hilarious that the OPM reddit is filled with post hating on powerscalers for whatever reason with posts having thousands of likes while posts that wank Saitama above fiction with shitty reasoning are equally liked and filled with yes men.

It’s hilarious that the OPM reddit is filled with post hating on powerscalers for whatever reason with posts having thousands of likes while posts that wank Saitama above fiction with shitty reasoning are equally liked and filled with yes men.
Well that's just Reddit in general.💀

They try to isolate and insult anyone they don't like in a group mob mentality, because it makes them feel more secure about themselves and their beliefs over such trivial superficial nonsense that rational people couldn't care less about.

Back