• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
We also kinda can confirm now that Garou didn't absorbed Saitama into that "black hole" and BFR him somewhere, like how a lot of people was saying the previous chapter.

Page 41-42

Saitama: Genos. You've always tried your best to keep up with me. You really are a hero. Though you never really managed to catch up. Do I... really possess the will of a hero? Probably not...

After that its the clash between two serious punch. Blast said this energy they are unleashing from their clash is going to shatter the Earth at the end of the chapter.

You bring up the table scene as if it’s wrong to critique it.
If I think a 6 year build up of Garou is being payed off with mediocre art (factually true by Murata’s standards), terrible writing (my opinion but one that I have voiced even without mentioning the webcomic), and a lack luster battle, I’m gonna critique it.
Mediocre art? Jesus Christ what the hell? I hope you know how that makes you sound. Saying "factually true by Murata's standard" doesn't help. The art is the same as it has been for the past, like, 100 chapters. I think the Saitama at the start was drawn more cartoony and cute, sure, but that's just different styles. That's not evidence the art has "objectively" fallen off.

I mean we've had this discussion on Garou's writing. This Garou has always, (until now), been portrayed as more human, and less of a force of nature, so this change is consistent. Even back 60+ chapters ago, Garou blocking "Death Shower" "coincidentally", deflected it perfectly away from the house, only damaging its sides, preventing Tareo from dying.

Almost like it's a consistent part narrative that Garou's fights don't hurt civilians, and usually protect them instead. Not to mention anyone with a brain, (which Saitama has), would see that Garou has killed nobody, and is just a lost and broken young adult. Tareo caring for him confirms as much, and it would be pretty immoral for Saitama to see this, and just beat the sh*t out of him anyways without trying to help him.

While it was not meant to be a personal attack on you, it is a pretty objective fact that the vast majority of your critiques were related to the WC. For every "SC killed the pacing" arguments, you had 10 "but in the Webcomic there was an S class fight" talking points.

This is fine, like what you like, and what you don't for your own reasons. The issue is that you package those arguments as objective critiques of the story, calling it "sh*t", and poking fun at people who enjoy the Manga, when no one does the same for you and the WC.

I'd love to actually discuss this piece of art's (because yes, I think Manga, just like television and books can qualify as art) merits with you.

The difference between having a character fill a force of nature roll, versus a confused antagonist is major, and the narrative consequences are something worth discussing, and if it's good or bad is also up for discussion. I have simply posited that it is consistent with this representation of Garou.

Mediocre art? Jesus Christ what the hell? I hope you know how that makes you sound. Saying "factually true by Murata's standard" doesn't help. The art is the same as it has been for the past, like, 100 chapters. I think the Saitama at the start was drawn more cartoony and cute, sure, but that's just different styles. That's not evidence the art has "objectively" fallen off.

I mean we've had this discussion on Garou's writing. This Garou has always, (until now), been portrayed as more human, and less of a force of nature, so this change is consistent. Even back 60+ chapters ago, Garou blocking "Death Shower" "coincidentally", deflected it perfectly away from the house, only damaging its sides, preventing Tareo from dying.

Almost like it's a consistent part narrative that Garou's fights don't hurt civilians, and usually protect them instead. Not to mention anyone with a brain, (which Saitama has), would see that Garou has killed nobody, and is just a lost and broken young adult. Tareo caring for him confirms as much, and it would be pretty immoral for Saitama to see this, and just beat the sh*t out of him anyways without trying to help him.

While it was not meant to be a personal attack on you, it is a pretty objective fact that the vast majority of your critiques were related to the WC. For every "SC killed the pacing" arguments, you had 10 "but in the Webcomic there was an S class fight" talking points.

This is fine, like what you like, and what you don't for your own reasons. The issue is that you package those arguments as objective critiques of the story, calling it "sh*t", and poking fun at people who enjoy the Manga, when no one does the same for you and the WC.

I'd love to actually discuss this piece of art's (because yes, I think Manga, just like television and books can qualify as art) merits with you.

The difference between having a character fill a force of nature roll, versus a confused antagonist is major, and the narrative consequences are something worth discussing, and if it's good or bad is also up for discussion. I have simply posited that it is consistent with this representation of Garou.
The person you are replying to is one of those elitists. They try to hide it, but is so easy to see them for what they are.

First, Garou will pulverize Saitama's legs with a Devil Cry Low Kick, he'll never stand again. Then, Garou will utterly shatter his arms with a Bear Killer Mid Kick. Following that up, Saitama's internal organs with be ruptured and crushed by a Shura Straight Punch, reducing him to the brink of finality. Lastly, a Hell Dispatch Chop will split Saitama's skull open, sending him to the world beyond. Saitama should say goodbye to this world while he still can.

"Boris"

xruq2kdcthq81.png
In the Russian community, one in three calls him Boris, not Boros. I'm surprised you only now found out about this from reddit.

Muratas art isnt as great as it was in the beginning because nowadays opm is a bi-weekly manga with expected release dates. Murata has to fit to a schedule, unlike in the first arc where he could release a chapter every month or two.

The evolution of popular power scaling has changed massively over the time of the Monster arc.

remember, it started out as Saitama > Boros = Garou >>>>> than everyone else.

Who would have guess that at the time, Tatsumaki vs psychorohi would change everything.

That one dude on the reddit that insists Boros is Star Level and is equal to cosmic Garou is gonna be in shambles
A lot of people on reddit are very accepting of Garou >>> Boros. I though a fan war was going to start but people moved on quick. Of course there’s still people like that person.

Proving 4 armed Garou is stronger would legit be hard outside this site with the earth bulging panel being removed

Even if Boros was star level with CSRC, that would mean his entire life force = One charge up attack from Cosmic Fear Mode Garou.

The issue is that Boros is fast for the verse, but Garou is an actual speedster. Even in his 6B form, he's about 4 times faster than Boros. How I see it, Boros wins due to pure strength until for armed Garou, who now is superior in AP, as well as vastly in speed. Then Boros one shots with CSRC (Because the Moon Level calc is valid in my view)
Proving 4 armed Garou is stronger would legit be hard outside this site with the earth bulging panel being removed
The bulge is gone, but the feat shown is still 5C, like 23 Exatons if I remember correctly.

Even if Boros was star level with CSRC, that would mean his entire life force = One charge up attack from Cosmic Fear Mode Garou.

The issue is that Boros is fast for the verse, but Garou is an actual speedster. Even in his 6B form, he's about 4 times faster than Boros. How I see it, Boros wins due to pure strength until for armed Garou, who now is superior in AP, as well as vastly in speed. Then Boros one shots with CSRC (Because the Moon Level calc is valid in my view)

The bulge is gone, but the feat shown is still 5C, like 23 Exatons if I remember correctly.
You can't expect calcs to work on outside the site

You mention the feat being 5-C, they say "we don't that here" and it's over

Also like it was said above, a statement about nuking the Earth's Surface sounds far more menacing then what Orochi or Psykorochi did, and to a certain point, they are not wrong, cuz pretty sure Murata and One themselves also sees that way. While VS doesn't use narrative and that kind of implication, they are used outside even more than math

That only loses to anything from Saitama and maybe GRB

Not even talking about cartoon style art. I’m speaking about the art itself. We are talking about Garou vs Saitama before the table moment was redrawn out as it was intended to be the conclusion of their fight in the manga and the climax of the arc right? There are zero moments in that battle that compare to the art quality of Saitama vs Boros or S-Class vs Melz or even Garou vs Orochi or even Tatsumaki vs Psykos where nearly every panel are extremely detailed. Knowing the process behind how Murata illustrates the manga it is, very well within his capabilities to do so as he has pre-drawn panels that take time weeks before they appear in a chapter. How was I wrong for complaining about that?

What are you even arguing here?
I bring up the webcomic more because I don’t believe in the argument that comparing the webcomic to the manga is invalid. I’ve always been open to not bringing up the webcomic in my complaints and I actually haven’t brought it up for the last few chapters. My complaints recently are just about the manga itself.
I shouldn’t have to say my arguments are not objective, anyone has always been open to address them or critique it themselves and I don’t think I’m ever disrespectful when actually voicing my critiques. Sure I poke fun at those who enjoy the manga but that’s all it is, it’s not serious.

You gotta start over because I have no idea what portion of the manga you are talking about.

the thing about Boros is like. yeah CSRC is superior to extreme Fa Jin, but outside of that Garou is superior in AP and speed in pretty much every way, and even then CSRC is a trump card that requires charge time while Extreme Fa Jin just requires Garou to turn two of his arms into jets and fly at you. imo it's not a question of "is CSRC superior to Extreme Fa Jin" and more "will Garou let Boros use CSRC at all"

I feel like God will probably end up being Universe level. His avatars (People endowed with his power) can affect and mimic properties within the universe itself, so it wouldn't be a stretch to say it'll later be revealed that God is the universe itself, or embodies it

I also feel like God's existence will be used to explain Saitama himself. Maybe Saitama is an unconscious manifestation of Gods power, or someone brought into existence to overthrow God

Yes. Compare the art of one panel from Garou vs Saitama pre-redraw table sit fight to just this panel which is one of a dozen high quality panels in that fight alone. I can’t see how anyone doesn’t think Murata’s art during OG Saitama vs Garou isn’t mediocre by Murata standards.

Shouldn't Saitama serious punch at the end be stated to be powerful enough to destroy stars. Why only planet level when their fist collide.

Back