• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
can't believe some of y'all are still arguing about whether it was a real GRB or not. ONE clearly intended for it to be a real GRB, but this website treats word of god like shit and prefer headcanons and calcs instead so im not surprised

can't believe some of y'all are still arguing about whether it was a real GRB or not. ONE clearly intended for it to be a real GRB, but this website treats word of god like shit and prefer headcanons and calcs instead so im not surprised
My CRT plans to have him "likely High 4-C" scaling to a real GRB for all of you who think it truly is the intention.

Every time I look away this thread gains like 10 pages
yeah im still surprised at how active this thread is. when the big site migration happened, i thought for sure this thread would die because surely not that many people would want to make a whole new account just to discuss OPM content, but it became even more active

My CRT plans to have him "likely High 4-C" scaling to a real GRB for all of you who think it truly is the intention.
It’s wild that people somehow see “as strong as a real GRB” in the page. I re-read that page many times to see if those words magically appear on that panel.

the only thing it says is that it is a GRB, not that it is as strong as the naturally occurring ones.

people are lucky it is stated to be a real one tho. If it wasn’t for that, y’all wouldn’t have the 5-A calc.

Not all GRBs are the exact same… it can be a real GRB and not be as powerful as other naturally occurring GRBs because it’s smaller… it’s really not a hard concept to grasp.

Edit: Ovrhide gets it
bruh.... the weakest GRBs are strong enough to obliterate large portions of a galaxy

source: wikiepdia

I'm fine with the possibly/likely rating, honestly.

While nothing about it is on the same scale, it's also quite possible that Murata and ONE either don't know enough, or there was miscommunication between the art and writing.

I've just been going through several forums. It seems people are having trouble accepting the feat is that strong.
I find it funny, considering he creates a black hole that's decent in size. That alone is above anything in OPM so far by a long shot.

Take this with a grain of salt, but I have reason to believe the GRB burst calculated accounting for its size would actually be tier 6 rather than 5-A

I tried looking it up and it seems most of the energy from GRBs is kinetic energy of matter, which can only yield so high at this size

Also, did this obliterate a large portion of the galaxy?
since when did this site give a shit about the author actually drawing the aftermath destruction in order for the upgrade to go through? goku and beerus were allegedly tearing apart the universe with shockwaves, and yet Earth, which was literally right below them, didn't suffer a single broken window. yet goku and beerus were upgraded from 4-B to goddamn 3-A because of that. lets not with the double standards.

That's because the shockwaves were getting more destructive as they moved throughout the universe. Had they clashed one more time, or had Goku not been trying to cancel out the effects the entire time, the Earth would have been atoms. Hell, it would have been if Beerus didn't absorb the explosion.

I tried looking it up and it seems most of the energy from GRBs is kinetic energy of matter, which can only yield so high at this size
Well idk the matter would be moving at 99.999 % SoL such ultrarelativistic speeds would probably still be tier 5. Although the wiki is anal about rel KE above .93c.

since when did this site give a shit about the author actually drawing the aftermath destruction in order for the upgrade to go through? goku and beerus were allegedly tearing apart the universe with shockwaves, and yet Earth, which was literally right below them, didn't suffer a single broken window. yet goku and beerus were upgraded from 4-B to goddamn 3-A because of that. lets not with the double standards.
🗿 I don’t think you read any of what Ovrhide, ByAsura, or I said.

That's because the shockwaves were getting more destructive as they moved throughout the universe. Had they clashed one more time, or had Goku not been trying to cancel out the effects the entire time, the Earth would have been atoms.
those are just excuses and headcanon. did it say in the DBS anime or manga that the shockwaves were getting more destructive as they moved throughout the universe? scans pls. you're starting to get on my nerves Asura

unknown.png

Omnipotent garou, anyone?

I would like to advise not to let this thread devolve into bashing each other because I can see that happening
all i said was "you're getting on my nerves" and Asura, who is a staff member, has directed a personal insult at me. that doesn't really seem like appropriate behavior. should i report this?

Back