• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strings vs Scythes (Donquixote Doflamingo vs Sakurako Amamiya)

Fight takes place at W.I.S.E headquarters in Psyren Drift.

Low 6-B forms

Speed is equalized

Starting distance is 10 meters.

Donquixote Doflamingo: 4 (Gargoyle One, Veloxt1r0kore, Risci-viragosi, ABoogieYesSir)

Sakurako Amamiya: 0

Time limit on the Nova form is removed.
Amamiya 2
The bunny with a dark side

Doflamingo 2
The nefarious pirate warlord

Who wins?

Doflamingo via superior Durability, versatility, intellect, vastly superior range, pre-cog, flight, and parasito. Whether or not Busoshoku would close the distance between their AP doesn't really matter since Doflamingo can still harm Amamiya despite being <1/2 her dura in AP.

Mind Jack would be a problem if it weren't for the fact that the ability can be avoided. Doflamingo should be capable of avoiding it due to pre-cog and that he is generally an observant fighter unless provoked in a specific way (which he can't be unless Amamiya happens to be a D).

Doflamingo sends his Black Knight to fight the opponent, and spends his time looking for a way to debilitate the opponent while the Black Knight serves as a distraction until it is dismembered (and it will be since the Black Knight is no match for Amamiya's stats to last for an extended period). However, once Doflamingo lands a Parasite thread, or lands a strike, he'll gain the advantage while all he loses is a Black Knight that he can remake later on in the fight.

I haven't factored in Awakening though >_>. Edit: Now that I think about it, Doflamingo has even more advantages such as regen and body control. Is this a Stomp?

No. Honestly, Amamiya can read his mind and literally know everything he will do through her smoke. I think that by itself keeps this from being a stomp. She can just read his mind and know of his abilities in order to prepare for them. I could restrict awakening to make things more fair, but mind reading is far better than precognition.

Black Knight can be countered quite easily by Abyss, who is essentially her equivalent of the technique. Not to mention that her AP is over twice as high as his. And his AP already incorporates his haki into it, same as Luffy.

Mind Jack: Insanity scythe still works, as the trance waves produced would still affect his mind, and if he ever breaks the scythe, which is very likely, then that would be pretty much it. His pre-cog won't warn him of the actual technique. Especially since the latent trance waves could potentially even cause some slight interferance with his pre-cog anyways, thought that's just an assumption.

I'm not sure how Doflamingo would have superior durability to someone who has twice the AP. I'm fairly certain that's blatantly false. And his intelligence isn't so high that it would leave Amamiya unable to do anything. Amamiya is highly intelligent in combat as well, as she is forced to be. Trance centers around tricking the mind, and tricking the mind requires a good degree of intelligence. Range may be his friend, but the fight starts pretty close. And Doflamingo's go to isn't exactly a ranged battle anyway.

This seems pretty far from a stomp to me.

Amamiya has actually been a jerk to cause someone to fall for her mind jack before, that was actually her first employment of the technique. Doflamingo is fairly similar to the person she fought when she did that, so it's honestly not too far of a reach. It's somewhat unlikey, but given that it's happened in verse, it's still a decent possibility. The same way in which Doflamingo can be sneaky with his threads (in particular parasito), Amamiya can with her mind jacks. As mentioned above, Trance is her specialty, so she is forced to be tricky and cautious.

Notable Attacks/Techniques:

Mind Jack:
Amamiya excels at Trance, using illusions to deceive her opponents and then proceeding to defeat them with her Rise. Amamiya can create two-pronged weapons on a telepathic string that connect to the base of a person's or Tavoo's skull that allows her to probe their mind for memories, make them see false things or simply allows her to communicate with the other drifters securely without broadcasting long range telepathy. However when it was used in her fight against Gizani, he noted that it was slow and was able to block it with no trouble.

• Mind Jack: Insanity Scythe (MÒâ╗J Õçµ░ùÒü«ÚÄî´╝êÒâ×ÒéñÒâ│ÒâëÒâ╗Òé©ÒâúÒââÒé» ÒéñÒâ│ÒéÁÒâïÒâåÒéúÒéÁÒéñÒé║), MÒâ╗J Kyōki no Kama (Maindo Jakku Insaniti Saizu) Amamiya conjures a giant crystallization of her Trance in the shape of a scythe. By creating this the enemy begins to feel the trance waves it emits. When shattered, it releases quantum thought waves that cause the enemy to hallucinate, giving her time to defeat them with her Rise. She can also imbue pre-existing weapons, like a knife, with this ability.
  • Peeping Lover: (ÒâöÒâ╝ÒâöÒâ│Òé░ Òâ®Òâ┤ÒéíÒâ╝, P─½pingu Rav─ü) Amamiya creates camera lens-sized devices that allow her to see multiple areas at once in the form as files through use of her Trance. She can control the cameras at will but they are very fragile and can be broken with sheer strength.

Unnamed Scythe (Abyss): This Burst belongs to Amamiya's Abyss personality. As Abyss is a perfect Burst type, she is able to create large scythes of PSI linked to her back with thick strings. The exact dimensions of the resultant Scythes conform to what Abyss believes the present circumstances necessitate, meaning that they can even extend to incredible lengths if so required. Acting as an extension of Abyss herself, the scythes can be manipulated mentally with remarkable speed and accuracy. She can strike from various angles and catch the enemy off-guard with sneak attacks. The strings are durable enough to be used to restrain and flail about opponents. However, the most lethal part of the scythes is their very sharp blade.

Superhuman: Amamiya is extremely proficient in Rise. An all-around Rise user, she has both quick reflexes from Sense type Rise and speed from Strength type Rise. She was able to catch mid-flight an arrow shot by Alfredand capable of quickly latching onto, and breaking, the arm of Shiner in a split second. Despite being very skilled in hand-to-hand combat, she employs various weapons, mainly swords, with great mastery to fight at close range. Abyss managed to stand up and fight after being shot in a shoulder: this was probably accomplished through the use of another type of Rise, similar to Asaga's.

Split Personalities: When using Nova, along with the sword Red Bones Of The Evil Soul, Amamiya can physically manifest Abyss and is telepathically linked to her. Amamiya uses her Trance abilities to read the minds of their opponents and Abyss uses her powerful Burst Scythes to attack accordingly, thereby making Amamiya an almighty type, able to use all three types of PSI. This ability makes Amamiya and Abyss a formidable combination. Trance Smoke: When Amamiya enters the Nova state, she releases a huge amount of smoke. The smoke is composed of condensed, Nova powered Trance waves, which allow her to read the minds of anyone within the smoke. This mind reading ability allows her to make perfect counter attacks the minute the opponent thinks of an attack. She is also able to create illusions with the smoke.

It's all there. The mind reading is listed in her powers and abilities, as are her illusions. The trance smoke is listed in her techniques, as is her insanity scythe. her split personalities are there, detailing who Abyss is. All of her techniques are there.

How she applies them in battle aren't necessarily there. But that's when those who are knowledgeable on the verse can come in and inform others about how she uses them. But all of what she is able to do is there.

No, lol. I actually rather enjoy seeing the arguments present themselves no matter how long it takes. Also, it's my thread so I'm gonna take care of it, kinda my job as the OP.

Back