• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steven Universe Upgrades

Calcs seem solid. Small Island Rubies is consistent with Island level Gems, which is a nice bonus. The reactions should scale to most Gems as a whole too, since Steven reacted to it like it was nothing.

Do you think the reactions would scale to Connie as well?

So i guess the CG's Ruby and Sapphire would get this? Nice~ Makes the power level of Garnet more sense.....right?

Would Steven count sense he's kind of scaled to the former two above?

If anything, that and Relativistic+ reactions is good enough for me from what i'm looking at.

Also @LordXcano Since this is SU-related, i gotta ask: Is this remaked feat of Lapis's water feat good or no? This one was redone doing something that would give anyone like Lapis or above her level Multi-Continent+.

Edit: Ninja'd by Weekly on that one. ^^;

Edit 2: Nvrmind~

Darkanine said:
Calcs seem solid. Small Island Rubies is consistent with Island level Gems, which is a nice bonus. The reactions should scale to most Gems as a whole too, since Steven reacted to it like it was nothing.
Do you think the reactions would scale to Connie as well?
No. If anything the situations involving Connie should be anti-feats. I'm pretty sure at one point they even mention how it's dangerous for her to be involving herself in Gem activities because she's "just a human."

As for the Lapis calc, also no. You don't need to reach escape velocity unless it's in one motion. It's perfectly possible to escape Earth at 1 m/s.

I don't really like the idea of size scaling in SU, remember when Y. Pearl were around 1/4 size of YD? also, there's like different kind of speeds in that episode: when they are moving away from Earth, when moving around asteroids, and when Pearl said that they'll reach the zoo in 70 years (were 70 years, right?)

Yeah it was 70 years. And size is inconsistent, but not terribly so. There's obviously room with "large" characters given their very nature though.

And at 0.59c 70 years is still reasonable. 41.3 lightyears?

Welp, the problem is that when Steven stopped the ship, the physical forms of the gems came back after just few seconds, that could means than that FTL speed isn't as different as 299792458 m/s; would be more accurate to calculate the speed of the ship with the time that the ship were traveling without the gravity field (forget the name), and the time that tooks the gems to recover their forms.

Other thing, wasn't that Saturn the planet close to the zoo? is possible since PD realm tooks place in the solar system.

That makes sense. Although, Saturn is 71.02 light-minutes away, so clearly some kind of cinematic timing was going on here.

Also, what's PD realm? I forget.

Actually, realm isn't the actual name, don't remember the term right now; but that came up from the PD mural, she only owns the Earth and moon, so her "realm" should be around the solar system. Other issue would be that if the zoo is 42 ly away, it would take 42 years to the gems recover her bodies.

Still if the planet is Saturn, but if it, I calculated the ship speed in being Mach 1.7.

That speed came from assuming that the planet close to the zoo was Saturn and it will take 70 years to reach it. And again, with what we known, it seems impossible that the zoo is at 42 ly for reasons above. I wouldn't trust in that scaling since SU hasn't good fame with that.

I would calculate it, but is late and Steven was knocked for who knows what time; but I could find another way.

Antoniofer said:
That speed came from assuming that the planet close to the zoo was Saturn and it will take 70 years to reach it. And again, with what we known, it seems impossible that the zoo is at 42 ly for reasons above. I wouldn't trust in that scaling since SU hasn't good fame with that.
I would calculate it, but is late and Steven was knocked for who knows what time; but I could find another way.
Using the above calc's speed (178896793 m/s) and subtracting the length of the FTL sequence (2:21) from the length of the episode (11:38) gives me 9:17 seconds at that speed. Subtracting the time it took them to get onto the ship (til about 3:31 according to the calc) gives me 5:46 at that speed.

That's 346 seconds at 178,896,793 m/s and some unknown time at a low FTL speed.

346 seconds*178,896,793 m/s = 61,898,290.4 kilometers

That's just enough to reach Mars, which that planet obviously was not. But I think we're getting away from the point here.

They were displaced from the ship because they were no longer anchored inside of it, Steven shut that off. We know the ship can go FTL without messing up their bodies as the Rubies have done it before. They could've accelerated to FTL speed past a certain point, which I would argue we see since the stars are blurring by them.

Ultima Reality said:
Isn't Cropfist arguing about the ship not being that fast?
Cropfist? I think that the only one arguing its me... Anyway, what I'm saying is that the zoo couldn't be that away from Earth, and the ship speed wasn't that different from lightspeed.

So we're for the High 7-A? What about the Relativistic+? And what of the other two calcs me anc Cross linked?

@Weekly: Seem so. DK of the speed. And Xcano said no to that on the Lapis redux calc (Refer to above from earlier)

Isn't there also a calc that puts Lion at Small Country level, or was that another calc using E=MC2 wrongly?

Darkanine said:
Isn't there also a calc that puts Lion at Small Country level, or was that another calc using E=MC2 wrongly?
I can't find this if it does exist.

Anyway,

@Anton

"That's just enough to reach Mars, which that planet obviously was not. But I think we're getting away from the point here.

They were displaced from the ship because they were no longer anchored inside of it, Steven shut that off. We know the ship can go FTL without messing up their bodies as the Rubies have done it before. They could've accelerated to FTL speed past a certain point, which I would argue we see since the stars are blurring by them."

I see, didn't undestood that last part at all but I think I get the point; anyway, I tried to calculate the speed with the other way, and I've obtained a result not much rasonable that I wouldn't take the work to post it...

Also, if you guys dont mind could you check out this one when you get the chance? If the Relativistic+ stuff doesnt get accepted this one has a Sub-Rel result.

The didn't hit them at that speed. She hits the fused Ruby, they don't move at all, then they de-fuse and get sucked out of the air-lock.

Well, if the calculation group members mostly agree with this, I suppose that upgrades seem to be in order.

So are High 7-A gems accepted? I thought Antionofer was against that? Or was he just against the speed?

Well, perhaps we should have waited a bit longer.

Back