• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Another Shrek CRT but an upgrade?? 😱

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why can't death just be physically weak?? And kill others through you know...death manipulation. Makes no sense for every death to be a match. Seems that thing with puss was a special occasion. So no he shouldn't get anything beyond what he has shown.

Why can't death just be physically weak?? And kill others through you know...death manipulation. Makes no sense for every death to be a match. Seems that thing with puss was a special occasion. So no he shouldn't get anything beyond what he has shown.
Show me where Death uses any kind of death Manipulation. Show me.

Show me where Death uses any kind of death Manipulation. Show me.

How did Jack die? How did Puss die? Where are you even taking the Death kills everyone? Literally everyone dies by other causes. It's not death killing them. The Puss in boots thing was a special occasion. Further solidified by this quote:

"Hey, I never do this, but can I get your autograph? Been following you for a loooong time. [Pulls out a wanted poster of Puss in Boots and points to the word "dead"] Sign right there."
―Death to Puss in Boots.

Also everyone here is nuts if you think Death towards the end was casual. He was stronger yes but it wasn't even to a significant degree to fodderize boots in a brawl. He would have better luck roasting him.

"[Growls in anger] ¿Por que diablos fui a jugar con mi comida?! [Growls again] You're ruining this for me! I came here for an arrogant little legend who thought he was immortal!... but I don't see him anymore. [Sheaths sickles] Live your life, Puss in Boots. Live it well."
―Death's villainous breakdown and defeat, all while gaining a newfound respect for Puss in Boots before leaving him to live out his last life.

This here refers to when death basically didn't kill Puss initially or when he was having panic attacks when Death could just teleport to him and cut his neck. He was taking it easy up until that point. After seeing him both take his life seriously and also regain his confidence he left. But that was after he fought with him and couldn't instantly defeat him.

Puss literally kicks him in the face and throws him and Death seems to wipe his mouth akin to getting his lips cut.

"Death: You know we will meet again, right?
Puss: Si. Hasta, La Muerte."
―Death assuring Puss that they will meet again then disappears in the flames.

This is literally what I just said. That people die from causes. Not death killing them. Like how boots died or Jack died. Death fighting someone is very much a special occasion and he still struggled with boots. Maybe he can boost his power but nothing shows that.

Last edited:
How did Jack die? How did Puss die? Where are you even taking the Death kills everyone? Literally everyone dies by other causes. It's not death killing them. The Puss in boots thing was a special occasion. Further solidified by this quote:

"Hey, I never do this, but can I get your autograph? Been following you for a loooong time. [Pulls out a wanted poster of Puss in Boots and points to the word "dead"] Sign right there."
―Death to Puss in Boots.
That's not death Manipulation my dude, if something is attributed to other causes its not magically Death Manipulation.

You wanna know how Jack died? He was in the middle of the collapsing wishing star! He was obliterated!

Wanna know how Puss died? He was crushed(twice), killed by dogs, died in a cannon blast, got ****** up in a bull fight, got burnt to death making cookies, fell to his death, and had an allergic reaction to shellfish.

Tell me where Death was waving his hands and instant-gibbing Puss or Jack.

That's not death Manipulation my dude, if something is attributed to other causes its not magically Death Manipulation.

You wanna know how Jack died? He was in the middle of the collapsing wishing star! He was obliterated!

Wanna know how Puss died? He was crushed(twice), killed by dogs, died in a cannon blast, got ***** up in a bull fight, got burnt to death making cookies, fell to his death, and had an allergic reaction to shellfish.

Tell me where Death was waving his hands and instant-gibbing Puss or Jack.

So death scales to noone. Because apparently he kills noone. The only time we know he tried was against a cat and he was still having difficulties.

But yeah death manipulation was plain wrong and a hastily typed initial argument before I could type out the rest of it in a better way. Should have edited it out after I finished.

So death scales to noone. Because apparently he kills noone. The only time we know he tried was against a cat and he was still having difficulties. But yeah death manipulation was wrong and an initial argument before I could type out the rest of it. Should have edited it out after I finished.
Death was playing with his food, IE Holding back. Maybe do this thing called "reading the thread" before commenting.

My point was he needs to be able to kill a single living individual himself if required, but that's conjecture, hence possibly.

Death was playing with his food, IE Holding back. Maybe do this thing called "reading the thread" before commenting.

My point was he needs to be able to kill a single living individual himself if required, but that's conjecture, hence possibly.

Why would he need to? Everyone dies. He didn't even need to kill boots here. He would eventually kill himself.

Maybe learn that statements can't be applied in all occasions? Like the one where we see Death struggle but rather having serious difficulty even doing anything? But it still applies to everything prior and that's why he said it. He was not holding back at that time when he lost to Boots. He was trying and having difficulty as the match progressed. Also playing with your food is not holding back as much as it is not going for the finishing blow. It's a pretty regular statement that means that someone shows the difference in power but ends the match instantly. It does not mean I am not even trying.

Why would he need to? Everyone dies. He didn't even need to kill boots here. He would eventually kill himself.

Maybe learn that statements can't be applied in all occasions? Like the one where we see Death struggle but rather having serious difficulty even doing anything? But it still applies to everything prior and that's why he said it. He was not holding back at that time when he lost to Boots. He was trying and having difficulty as the match progressed. Also playing with your food is not holding back as much as it is not going for the finishing blow. It's a pretty regular statement that means that someone shows the difference in power but ends the match instantly. It does not mean I am not even trying.
In case he gets pissy.

Show me definitive proof Death wasn't holding back that goes AGAINST his own personal statement. He BLITZED Puss four times in their first fight(once for every dodge, and knocking Puss' sword out of his hand before he could even react), and Puss doesn't have proof of getting faster, stronger, or anything else, his mentality got better.(which is the point of Puss' arc in the movie) He started taking fights seriously, this is why when he did his spin attack that got him dogged in the first fight, he actually used it to open up Death's defenses and take advantage of Death dicking around, he also hid the fact he had a secondary weapon from Death and used it to not die to what would've been a death blow as he didn't have his sword.

Point is, Serious Puss=Death in skill, though as that can somehow be confusing, let me explain. Puss dicked around, he wasn't fighting at his full potential, he was putting his full power into his attacks yes, but he wasn't going all out in skill.

In case he gets pissy.

Show me definitive proof Death wasn't holding back that goes AGAINST his own personal statement. He BLITZED Puss four times in their first fight(once for every dodge, and knocking Puss' sword out of his hand before he could even react), and Puss doesn't have proof of getting faster, stronger, or anything else, his mentality got better.(which is the point of Puss' arc in the movie) He started taking fights seriously, this is why when he did his spin attack that got him dogged in the first fight, he actually used it to open up Death's defenses and take advantage of Death dicking around, he also hid the fact he had a secondary weapon from Death and used it to not die to what would've been a death blow as he didn't have his sword.

Point is, Serious Puss=Death in skill, though as that can somehow be confusing, let me explain. Puss dicked around, he wasn't fighting at his full potential, he was putting his full power into his attacks yes, but he wasn't going all out in skill.

First everyone dies due to natural causes. Puss did 8 times. He would have died a 9th naturally and Death would have claimed him still. Which is what will happen and that's why he says we will meet again. Because Puss is eventually going to kick the bucket.

Also Death was repeatedly pushed back towards their clash after Puss got his shit together, he couldn't retaliate against Puss properly once meaningfully once he was in his best mentality and was repeatedly thrown back. The second half of the fight after Puss gets the Gatito blade is him constantly clowning on Death. There is no reason to assume Death was stronger than him by more than a little amount. Thus his statement refers to the whole previous movie when Puss had existential crisis. Their first fight also wasn't completely fair because Death had full knowledge of Puss and was ready to fight, while Puss was messing around and lost the initiative to the fight which allowed Death to stomp him.

In conclusion the whole battle between them wasn't an unequal battle but rather a battle between similar opponents and what happens when they don't take things as seriously. In the first fight Death was much more prepared than Puss and he was able to take everything he did easily espesially because he had prior knowledge of his fighting style. This led to Puss learning fear for the first time which decreased his chances even more. In the second fight at the end after Puss got his resolve back and also knew how Death fights their clash was pretty even with Death knocking his sword and Puss pushing him back after he got it.

First everyone dies due to natural causes. Puss did 8 times. He would have died a 9th naturally and Death would have claimed him still. Which is what will happen and that's why he says we will meet again. Because Puss is eventually going to kick the bucket.

Also Death was repeatedly pushed back towards their clash after Puss got his shit together, he couldn't retaliate against Puss properly once meaningfully once he was in his best mentality and was repeatedly thrown back. The second half of the fight after Puss gets the Gatito blade is him constantly clowning on Death. There is no reason to assume Death was stronger than him by more than a little amount. Thus his statement refers to the whole previous movie when Puss had existential crisis. Their first fight also wasn't completely fair because Death had full knowledge of Puss and was ready to fight, while Puss was messing around and lost the initiative to the fight which allowed Death to stomp him.

In conclusion the whole battle between them wasn't an unequal battle but rather a battle between similar opponents and what happens when they don't take things as seriously. In the first fight Death was much more prepared than Puss and he was able to take everything he did easily espesially because he had prior knowledge of his fighting style. This led to Puss learning fear for the first time which decreased his chances even more. In the second fight at the end after Puss got his resolve back and also knew how Death fights their clash was pretty even with Death knocking his sword and Puss pushing him back after he got it.
"Repeatedly pushed backwards"

Watch it. Watch it now. Watch it and see how stupid what you just said was. Death pushed Puss back more then Puss pushed him.

And the second half of the fight is why I said they're equal in skill, almost as if there's a reason to shit I say in debates, hmmm?

Next on the list of WRONG things you said, "There is no reason to assume Death was stronger than him by more than a little amount." If there was a small difference Puss wouldn't have been overpowered in the first fight with one hand to the point that even Shrek didn't overpower Puss that bad. Oh, and two times in the second fight Puss is forced to block, the first time, with his sword, he had to put his entire body into it and only barely pushed the attack off, and the second time he was pushed 180°, and couldn't stand his ground.

"Thus his statement refers to the whole previous movie when Puss had existential crisis." Oh and definitely not Puss barely being able to block an attack with his whole body, nah I'm sure they're comparable man! Rewatch the movie before you open your trap.

"Their first fight also wasn't completely fair because Death had full knowledge of Puss and was ready to fight, while Puss was messing around and lost the initiative to the fight which allowed Death to stomp him"

This is a half-truth, yes, Death had prior knowledge, and yes, Puss was still in his dicking around phase, what you left out was the fact Death let Puss go grab his sword from the barrel and attack him, "Slow! Sloppy! Sad!" Said the wolf as he effortlessly dodged four strikes from the cat before catching the next with his twin Sickles and chuckling ominously

Once again, watch le fookin movie. That's a stat difference, not a skill difference, the ladder is shown in their second fight where Puss manages to do shit cause he's actually serious.

In conclusion, everything you said was either flat out wrong or a half-truth, go watch the movie again, I'm sure you own it.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go revise the hampter

Puss can harm Dragon when he was obese I think everyone should just scale to giants and shit.

Shrek can take hits from dragon also

Puss can harm Dragon when he was obese I think everyone should just scale to giants and shit.

Shrek can take hits from dragon also
He was only able to do that through piercing damage (I'm not a huge expert in the mechanics behind piercing damage but I have wondered if Puss should get a "higher" rating with his rapier, I mean if it works for characters like Wolverine and Yajirobe, then surely it can work for Puss?) also Puss doesn't scale to the giant in any way, shape, or form. He never took any direct attacks from the giant nor could he damage it with his own strength, the best Puss could do was cause it to briefly moan in pain from a precise, well-timed rapier thrust behind it's thumbnail.

When did Shrek ever take hits from Dragon? In the first film she easily overpowered him with just her tail, not to mention she's consistently been depicted as superior to the cast. So I don't believe there's enough evidence to suggest the main Shrek cast is on the same level as the large-sized characters

He was only able to do that through piercing damage (I'm not a huge expert in the mechanics behind piercing damage but I have wondered if Puss should get a "higher" rating with his rapier, I mean if it works for characters like Wolverine and Yajirobe, then surely it can work for Puss?) also Puss doesn't scale to the giant in any way, shape, or form. He never took any direct attacks from the giant nor could he damage it with his own strength, the best Puss could do was cause it to briefly moan in pain from a precise, well-timed rapier thrust behind it's thumbnail.
He also stabbed the giant in the shoulder lol

You don't yell in pain and then just be more annoyed by the attack lol
It was more meant as a gag, if your were to get a sliver stuck in between your nails it would definitely hurt (hell it would hurt a lot) but that doesn’t make the splinter human lvl

The expression it made when Puss stabbed it looked more like anger/irritation rather than pain, as it clearly demonstrated the latter earlier in the fight
It was more meant as a gag, if your were to get a sliver stuck in between your nails it would definitely hurt (hell it would hurt a lot) but that doesn’t make the splinter human lvl
Was this not an argument made by someone else on your side? Get your works consistent instead of trying to intertwine rocks and wood on the outer wall and pretending that's a good idea.

Don't really have any interest in debating the scaling, but do we know if the crystals are actually hollow from the inside? Could affect the calc.

I think that the energy required to break this crystals being higher than it would be if they were rocks is weird, but w/e. If accepted count me agreeing.

Not a fan of the idea of Death being inherently physically superior to anyone because he's death, straight up. All of the casualties in the same movie is a proof that death is still, all in all, an occurrence despite Death also being a physical being. That, in combination with him admitting that he's actually cheating by chasing after Puss because he didn't approciate his previous lives, is enough of a proof that his role is not necessarily the one of an assassin. He can claim their lives in wherever other way they are bound to die without the need of being physically on their level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back