• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steven Universe Movie Discussion Thread

Sorvoe551 said:
Gemstone Shouts (0:19-0:24): This is him showing off the scream power that we later learned was one of Pink's abilities. He caused a crater around himself and sent a large crack through the floor and the stairs which White was standing on. From the context, it doesn't look like his attack shook White, more like both the floor shaking and the shock of Not Pink
Even if we go with that assumption, that still over came the force of White and the other Diamonds trying to correct themselves and it over came the force of them pushing down.

I don't quite think so and here's why:

1. The shout causes that spherical crater and cracks go out in 4 directions, even shaking the ship they're in. SU Future also shows that the scream does damage all around him, not just in the direction he's facing. We see the Puppet Crystal Gems react to it, but they don't get caught off balance, only White does. We don't see Yellow or Blue, but since it would be worth it thematically to show them reacting, it implies they weren't affected either.

2. White is in shock that her precious little sister isn't back like she should be and is even more surprised that Gemstone can do something that Pink could. She isn't braced for impact, so it'll take a lot less force to move her. If I get shoved by someone when I don't suspect it, it's easier to push me over than when I'm aware and ready for it.

3. Gemstone doesn't actively attack in that scene, he blocks attacks and stops whatever is preventing him from getting to Steven, so the assumption that his scream wasn't at full power isn't without merit.

4. Gemstone screaming "She's gone!" in that moment is meant to serve as a metaphor for Steven's anger at everyone labeling him Rose/Pink when he's not her. It flows with him stating "Yeah, I'm me! I've always been me..." after he reforms.

Now, while I don't believe that the scream in that specific moment was strong enough AP-wise to match White, I still believe that Gemstone is White's equal. As I said earlier, he is a Diamond and completely blocked White's attacks and the attacks from all of them at once, so he should be able to do it. I'm not saying it's wrong, I'm just saying it's a bad instance for scaling.

1. The damage being omnidirectional doesn't change anything, I wasn't even under the assumption it wasn't going in one direction.

The Puppet Gems are shown to be off balance as well and quickly go back to following White's positions, we know the Puppet Gems can act differently to White, as we saw with White Pearl.

2. I never saw White Diamond as a Sister, more so a mother, given the VA singing "After All" Which is perfectly thematic in every way and if you haven't seen it then I highly recommend.

As for the prepared part, we know that White was actually tensed up, as she was quickly able to fire her beams at someone who thought was gonna be pink.

And yes, you being caught off guard is a factor, it doesn't make you thousands of times weaker, which would be the requirement for Steven to not be comparable to the Diamonds.

3. Actually, Pink Steven is shown to be nothing like normal Steven and is able to use all of Pink Diamond's power and we know he doesn't hold back, like how he was 300% mad at White Diamond and used PD's scream, which only occurs when PD or Steven is furious.

4. We basically agree then when it comes down to the main point that PS is comparable to the Diamonds.

Yes we do agree, but last points on the scream: the Puppet Gems just stood up straight, they were bent over slightly from the residual shaking, not nearly the level of White being off balance. Also, White waited several seconds to fire her beams, she demanded Gemstone stop twice before firing. Okay, I'm done

idk what is being argued here. but im certain that moving or pushing someone, even great distances, could be done even if the opponent has far superior durability and strength. it happens in the real world, so why not in fiction. im pretty sure it comes down to mass, and if you can lift said amount of mass.

Back