• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steven Universe Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
?

So dispersing a battlefields clouds with obvious heat if anything, and not legit destructive power, that was only meant to corrupt gems and gems only, is planet level. And theyre apparently planet level singularly when it took all 3 of them, and they have Ftl combat speed for merely shooting this last resort attack off

I like SU and I know its criminally underrated in terms of powers but no. Dispersing clouds of a battliefields size isnt planet level. Thats just crazy

One can obtain similar results with moving the entire atmosphere mass at speed close to lightspeed, I don't see how moving such small cloud (relatively) woukd yield that much. It also use the moon surface for some reason, like, is moving the clouds there?

Pretty sure clouds being able to reach the moon is impossible anyway since they can only form in an atmosphere

So Rose/Pink Diamond will be Upgraded alongside the other Diamonds? It's honestly likely that as Rose she couldn't use her full power due to having to use a large portion of her power/focus to mantain her Rose Quartz form (As shown by Amethyst trying to fake as Jasper), so maybe she should have two keys?

I have seen the calc, but incredulity has to actually be incorporated somehow. Incredulity is theason for most outliers. But dispersing a cloud, by pure heat, not destructuve force, since it was only meant to corrupt gems and not do actual damage, is not planet level. It wasnt force, it was just a hax attack for gems solely.

5-B Diamonds sounds rad.

The calc itself seems pretty inflated, though. It looks like it's calcing three vastly different things and combining their energy to get the final value, for some reason.

@Azzy Its calcing the distance at which the light was used (As shown in the episode the light came from far beyond the moon) to get a luminosity and the dispersion of the clouds taking into account inverse square law.

The calc is saying that the attack has force. They havent taken in the fact it could have just been radiating heat.

And a battlefields worth of clouds being pushed out isnt planet level. There have been much larger cloud busting feats and calcs that use actual force, and not light. If it was truly destructive, how come it didnt literally cave the earth in. Theres no excuse for it being AP and not DC either, cause it was actually focused and widespread on the earth.

And if theyre saying because the clouds reached the moon, thats impossible, since clouds cant exist outside of the atmosphere

The light which dispersed the clouds came from behind the moon. It is using the inverse-square law to get the result, considering the energy came from over 300,000 KM away.

@Weekly

It calcs energy from luminosity, then it calcs cloud dispersion, then uses the inverse square law and adds the results.

I can't really think of any other calc we have that does something remotely similar to this, unless I'm mistaken. There seems to be even more assumptions here, than usual.

Tf happened to my reply.

Seriously though, theres no indication they can even do this singularly rather than this big last resort move, which wasnt providing force. Light sources can produce thermal energy perhaps, which is how the clouds diverged, but it was literally shown to be hax, not an attack made out of force. We cant even say AP =/= DC, cause the diamonds were targeting earth and the light was barely being focused. It doesnt at all scale to their speed however, nor their physical strikes. Who needs a fuggin Cluster if theyre planet level.

Also I wanted Steven to shut up so much with his obvious statements and explaining the whole episode. Kinda ruined it for me.

Okay, but this energy required all 3 of them, and the fact it dispersed a small cloud not even covering a significant part of the earth really isnt planet level. Again, its most likely heat, and it certainly isnt providing a force.

Nor would it scale to anyone being FTL (Which the show csnt decide whether it wants to debunk that or not), or the diamonds physical strikes at all. Plus the fact that they havent shown to be able to do this singularly, even in smaller portions

@Jinx So divide the result by 3 and you get their individual AP. Nothing implies it was done through heat.

It only scales to their attack speed.

Matthew Schroeder said:
It is no different than a calc for planetary destruction calcing not only the baseline GBE of the planet, but also KE and PE from the feat.
So was the light blast omnidirectional? If it wasn't then using inverse square with a radius of the Earth-Moon distance is a no-go. (On mobile so I can't look at it atm)

Jinx666 said:
Okay, but this energy required all 3 of them, and the fact it dispersed a small cloud not even covering a significant part of the earth really isnt planet level.
Did it not disperse all of Earth's clouds?

We actually don't know if is omnidirectional, we only see the origin if the attack.

@Azzy, no, it only dispersed a big not cloud in middle of a battlefield.

Heat makes more sense than force, since nothing suggests the attack actually provided force either. Heat disperses clouds too. Pretty sure their earth would be like Adventure Time if force was the case. And it isnt their AP, since its more gem hax. They never actually strike with the power of a planet. Its like how we cant assume Lapis is Multi continental physically, or Aquamarine.

And they havent shown to be able to do it singularly either. Literally dont see how they get planet level for shining a bright hax light

No, it didnt disperse all of earths clouds

Antoniofer said:
@Azzy, no, it only dispersed a big not cloud in middle of a battlefield.
Then why is it treated that this level of energy was spread across hundreds of thousands of km when we're shown that it wasn't?

@Weekly

I did. They showed a portion of clouds above the battlefield being dispersed and the light enveloping the Earth. We don't say "it dispersed these few clouds so it could do that for an area larger than the Earth" if that's not what we're shown or told.

Exactly, the calc isnt calcing dispersing all the planet's clouds, only the ones shown, but through inverse square law as the blast was from over 300000 km away

If the attack was onmnidirectional app clouds on the Moon-facing side of Earth would have been dispersed. Since they didn't get blown away that USB pretty strong evidence against the calc.

To be fair, almost all of Russia is gone on the Earth and the blast DID eclipse the moon.

But yeah, a luminosity calc is a safer bet.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Jinx You need to PROVE it was done through heat, othrwise stop making assumptions.
Funny when youre assuming it was done through force

1. Large light sources like that usually give off heat, like any light bulb to even the sun, and they dont have a physical force. Its a much safer assumption than saying it was done through force, which is also an assumption.

2. The light was to corrupt the gems, there was nothing to show it did harm to any of them physically, cause I doubt common rubies have the durability to survive an attack like that. It was a hax attack, it wasnt made through force

3. Dispersing a single cloud with forces has never been planet level.

4. The planet would be massively affected if this attack had force and was planet level.

Not that it matters, youll do what you always do and completely ignore it, saying ive provided no reasons at all. Like the whole forcefields thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back