• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steven Universe Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. No, its a safer assumption to go by what is shown rather than assuming something that was not or something that was never even implied.

2. Doesnt matter if it has a hax effect, fact of the matter is it has a demonstrated AP feat.

3. You know there are cloud feats performed by force that have reached tier 4 right...?

4. Its fiction. Same reason why Saitama's and Dante's High 6-A cloud dispersion feats had no effect on the planet.

You need to prove your claims instead of making assumptions.

1. It isnt actually shown though, theres nothing that shows it had force, it was only mere light. The whole cloud thing dispersing could easily be heat just as much (more) than it could be force. Youre missing the point. Youre assuming it was done by force, it wasnt actually shown to be force singularly, cause heat could do the same thing.

2. It hasnt though, it was light, it did no forceful effects on anything else, which it would, and again, heas can disperse clouds just as much as force. Theyre both kinetic energy. Literally, theres no reason its force and not heat cause they both do that to clouds. Yet again, you force your views to be correct.

3. Name one. And again, this was a single cloud. Give me a tier 4 feat that dispersed a single cloud that covered a battlefield at least.

4. Mainly because those werent aimed directly at the planet, unlike this feat, which was widespread and the light affected the whole plnet.

They certainly wouldnt translate to attack speed or their striking strength. Much like storm feats, which is what youre suggesting, since they havent shown to be able to do it without the help of the other diamonds, even if it was miniscule. If I recall, it only worked when white diamond flashed her hand.

The clouds being dispersed proves the attack had force as nothing implies it was done by heat. You have to PROVE it was done by heat if you want to use it as an argument. Youre assuming it was done by heat with no proof to back it up.

The tier 4 feat was for Beyblade, trying to find it.

Boros' attack that Saitama deflected was absolutely aimed directly at the planet

There's no reason for this to not apply to attack speed.

Inverse square law requires omnidirectional dispersion, so that part of the calc is bogus.

Unless its somehow viable to believe that out of the entire half of the earth that was exposed to an attack that was several times larger than the planet, only 70 square km of clouds were dispersed

No Weekly, you dont get it, as per usual, it could easily work the same way vice versa. Nothing in turn implies there was force in it, because heat can do the exact same thing to that cloud as force could. You are also assuming that it was force, despite it specifically saying its light, which has no mass to create force with.

The fact that most bright light sources like the sun or just a lightbulb give a wasted energy output of thermal energy, and the fact there was no other visible forceful damage, only corruption, makes it lean way more to heat than force. You have yet to prove it was actual force in fact.

Saitama deflected it though...Boros was seriously going to destroy the planet yknow...

Er, yes there is, because theres no proof the diamonds could react to this attack that required all 3 of them. And the fact that gems cant handle going FTL. Ik this Lapis thing is unusual and confusing, but she can probably handle her own speeds. Diamonds are featless on their own. Unless you think poofing a Zircon is anything special. This was a light based attack aswell, unlike everything else shes shown to do

The burden of proof is on you to prove its heat and not force, all youre doing is making assumptions

Attack speed isnt always equal to movement reactions and combat speed, you do know that right?

We don't see the clouds in the upper half of the globe twitching even though they are close to the blast, so yeah, you kinda need evidence for that. The inverse square law part doesn't seem accurate.

WeeklyBattles said:
The burden of proof is on you to prove its heat and not force, all youre doing is making assumptions
Attack speed isnt always equal to movement reactions and combat speed, you do know that right?
Seriously Weekly. It being force isnt anymore backed up than it being heat. You need to prove shit aswell, or does your green name allow ypu to completely ignore everything

Ive already said, light based emitting also emits thermal energy, but light has no mass, and therefore cant have force. Theres your proof. It wasnt a laser either.

Attack speed is combat speed frankly, theyre both offensive speeds. Amd again, this isnt an attack thats proven to work with a singular diamond

Youre really trying to cause trouble again? Just because i dont agree with you doesnt give you the right to say something like that.

Okay? Now prove it was heat and not force in that scene like you need to if you want your argument to be believed.

No its not, theyre almost always treated as two very different ratings unless you think humans have supersonic combat speed for using guns.

I have the right to say anything i want, and its the truth honestly, dont get so offended by it. And again, its not because you diaagree with me, its the fact you completely ignore everything and abuse your rank, ive given you proof. If you honestly think its the other thing you keep saying, it only proves me right youre ignorant about this situation. Plus you thinking only I have to provide evidence, and not you.

In this case, without it being official confirmation, the chances of it being heat and force are equal. Im proving to you on why it would be more logical for it to be heat, while youre immediately thinking its force in order to get the highest rating possible for one of your dreaded main verses. Cause you honestly cant say its one thing over the other when it is equally unknown. Again, heres your proof, it was described as light, there was no physical impact, and of course, light doesnt have mass, therefore it cant have A FORCE. Basic physics. Meanwhile light sources almost always produce thermal energy, heat if you didnt know, as an excess output.

There, multiple reasons, one suggesting why there would be heat, one dispr├▓ving why the move would have force. Lets see you prove it was force, Cause again, thats just as much of an assumption as what youre saying

Guns arent actual parts of a human yknow. A gun isnt exactly their 'attack', bad example is bad

Dont get offended by you trying to slander me, okay. And again with the accusations.

The proof that its force and not heat is that the clouds were expelled outwards by the attack instead of just disappearing like they would have if the attack was heat-based.

And the light they project from their body isnt a punch, the example is perfectly accurate.

Jinx666 said:
WeeklyBattles said:
Seriously Weekly. It being force isnt anymore backed up than it being heat. You need to prove shit aswell, or does your green name allow ypu to completely ignore everything
Ive already said, light based emitting also emits thermal energy, but light has no mass, and therefore cant have force. Theres your proof. It wasnt a laser either.

Attack speed is combat speed frankly, theyre both offensive speeds. Amd again, this isnt an attack thats proven to work with a singular diamond

THat's not true. Light doesn't have to give off heat and light has momentum therefore it can exert force.

WeeklyBattles said:
Dont get offended by you trying to slander me, okay. And again with the accusations.
The proof that its force and not heat is that the clouds were expelled outwards by the attack instead of just disappearing like they would have if the attack was heat-based.

And the light they project from their body isnt a punch, the example is perfectly accurate.
Trying to slander you? As if you could care less about what anyone below you thinks. Seriously, you think youre a diamond yourself. Its not really accussations when theres literal proof and the fact ive seen it with my own eyes. What, are you saying youre not just ignoring anything

Not really, heat evaporates the clouds, if you centre it in the middle of the cloud, which we can assume waa the epicentre of the light from the diamonds, notthe origin point but thepart that gets closest to Earth, then clouds could have easily been shifted outwards by that. They both have the kinetic energy to do so. And again, it was only meant to corrupt gems, you think they would even need a cluster, or they could just shatter gems head on, or it was a planet level attack. And that still doesnt explain how light could have mass.

Light they project, beijg all 3 of the diamonds can only do together for now, is their own attack. A gun is a separate thing. Its like fuggin spiderman held the infinity gauntlet, it would be his own attack, its a weapon.

Also, Garnet can explode her gauntlets at will when she shot them during Lapis' edge song, is that added to her profile yet?

@Iamunanimous

Yeah, I said mostly, but I dont see exactly why it wouldnt give off heat. Even punches and stuff give off a little heat from the kinetic energy against air resistance/friction. Especially when force cant travel in space, meanwhile light can, therefore it wouldnt have a force property on it.

Force = Mass x velocity.

When mass = 0, regardless of velocity, force is also 0

Theres no Mass in light. Unless you think sun rays or lit bulbs can physically chip away at you. Momentum needs mass aswell. Meanwhile theres nothing wrong with the idea it could have been heat, in a simplehysics sense. Unless you think the crewniverse dont know the fact light doesnt have mass, even though theyve actively explained and shown they know that property in account to the gems body. Why would force be a better assumption than heat? Just so 5-B diamonds can exist?

Ovrhide said:
Im not sure if people are aware, but light does emit force.
How does light emit force? It hasnt got mass, photons only mildly affect matter with radiation pressure, it hasnt got any kinetic energy though, since its a completely different energy form in itself.

And dont say lasers...cause this wasnt a laser

So i took screen caps of the beam feat thing just in case anyone is to lazy to watch a video. Clouds do seem to disperse before the light beam even reaches the moon, or im just blind. Im not taking a side, im staying neutral on this subject.

32A67110-FFC0-4010-8E41-6E2D8DB42E2A
5BD9D39E-889C-4BD1-ABCF-274CC24DAC5D
5D7DA66A-DF65-40E9-A086-DC4208411D28
78EBD28F-3400-4E6E-B784-26E7F48CFEBA
096E83FE-FA36-4CF8-ABE4-7897957E13D3
1709D552-4A18-4872-935D-7A921E2CDB92

In real life, yeah. But here its clearly kinetic energy (clouds disperse before the light beam hits them, as seen in the screen caps) Its not like its any ordinary light beam, its something fired off by diamonds.

I remembered Garnet being High 6-B, like Rose. Proof, I made a Garnet vs Katakuri thread, and I thought it was taken down because she's too high. Heck, I want to make a Rose Quartz vs Big Mom thread, but Rose is too high.

Garnet was never High 6-B, she's been 6-B+ for months, she's the reason that stronger fusions are High 6-B, check her page history.

We don't really know as Big Mom was shown as this really strong character to demonstrate how tough it is to beat a Yonko, even when weakened with a lot of disadvantage against her.

Ovrhide said:
In real life, yeah. But here its clearly kinetic energy (clouds disperse before the light beam hits them, as seen in the screen caps) Its not like its any ordinary light beam, its something fired off by diamonds.
Its a flash of light meant to corrupt gems, it isnt a forceful attack. Its like the Solar Flare. Literally nothing else was hit by 'force', meanwhile heat could do the same thing in the centre of the clouds, and the fact every light source, apart from bioluminescence or glow sticks and shit, which arent relevant here all give thermal energy. A lot more than radiation pressure, which isnt ever accounted for, ever, its traditionally known as photons being massless because its so irrelevant im the first place

Also the fact it took all 3 of them, none have shown to be able to do it singularly, and the fact people think that Diamomds can keep up with legit planet levellers by flashing a light. It wouldnt do anyhting, lets face it.

There is solid proof that its not just hax. You have yet t prove that the attack was done through heat when multiple people have explained that it was done through force.

Can you not make an argument based solely on disbelief?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back