• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Child's Play/Chucky Discussion Thread (Potential Spoilers)

Tonygameman

He/Him
So, this discussion thread is about the franchise regarding a certain serial killer inside the body of a red-haired doll with quite a foul mouth. Considering that a television series has been around for few years now, I think it's a perfect time to gather people here to join the Cult of Chucky for overdue information. Some of the topics are simple:
  • Discussing about the movies, a sequel show and other related media (such as non-canon comics). Just remember to tag spoilers before posting.
  • Adding profiles (for humans, Season 1's Episode 8, "An Affair to Dismember" had Andy, Devon and Kyle survive the explosion of Charles' house, though the latter lost only an ear).
  • Potential additions for existing pages (non-Gfycat respect threads can help out).

Last edited:
I also made a user blog page for Andy if anyone wants to see it.
This really turned out great, do you remember in which episode it is mentioned that Chucky in the series needs the fragments of his soul to give him immortality?

I don't remember exactly which episode it is, I'm trying to watch all the episodes slowly, but this part is taking a while, lol

Anyway, I believe this should give Chucky type 8 immortality

Here we have confirmation about him saying he is the only doll and that is why he will die forever

I remember there being something more about the explanation of the fragments of his soul, but if you could find it that would be great...

Basically it will be like this

Spoilers
Due to several fragments of Chucky's soul in the dolls he can always come back, it is only possible to kill him by destroying all the fragments of his soul.

Last edited:
This really turned out great, do you remember in which episode it is mentioned that Chucky in the series needs the fragments of his soul to give him immortality?

I don't remember exactly which episode it is, I'm trying to watch all the episodes slowly, but this part is taking a while, lol
That's one of the reasons I'm currently re-watching the episodes, just trying to find this, as well as watching Season 3. I was also trying to find his feat of dodging gunfire as I don't think I've seen it in the movies.

Anyway, I believe this should give Chucky type 8 immortality

Here we have confirmation about him saying he is the only doll and that is why he will die forever

I remember there being something more about the explanation of the fragments of his soul, but if you could find it that would be great...

Basically it will be like this

Spoilers

When I find it, I think this could pretty much work

That's one of the reasons I'm currently re-watching the episodes, just trying to find this, as well as watching Season 3. I was also trying to find his feat of dodging gunfire as I don't think I've seen it in the movies.
Likewise, from what I've seen he even seems to have resistance to purification

Also I was wondering if other Chucky versions (like Buff Chucky, the Colonel, etc.) would be a key to his page or just not added. As it is Chucky, but just a different version

Well yeah that is true, but Buff Chucky did rip out someone's heart. Other than that I don't remember any other feats he had.
I did link up a respect thread at the opening post, which also includes Buff Chucky's feats. During their fight, his "Good" self sent the former flying with a groin kick and took multiple face punches from him.
Well, I think this solves the case about the keys, we can just add everything to the same profile, since both have the same strength or ability to do the same (although if any member notices any differences that should be mentioned we just make the key)

Although there is no need for this

I feel like buff Chucky punching through a chest is pretty damn good. I don't think we gave him superhuman strength before but he clearly has it. Pretty sure no regular human could do that, but I'm also not sure if that can count as a wall feat.

Also maybe a slight resistance to soul manipulation since he managed to circumvent the goal of the exorcism they gave him and exploded the priest in charge of it maybe? Idk that scene in general feels like there's some good stuff there.

Like, thinking about it, can a 9-C within their power be able to actually replicate that feat? I don't think it's possible. And the next tier above that is 9-B. So like, maybe a possibly 9-B rating for pulling off a feat not even the strongest person could accomplish?

Like, thinking about it, can a 9-C within their power be able to actually replicate that feat? I don't think it's possible. And the next tier above that is 9-B. So like, maybe a possibly 9-B rating for pulling off a feat not even the strongest person could accomplish?
Speaking of, at least his comic incarnation is consistently around that tier (some of the feats were even calculated on Reddit months ago). For the original timeline, his normal self did have those feats below as well, so I guess he can be there as well.
And since we're bringing this up, the movies does have speed feats like sprinting towards a building from the other side of the road, covering a good distance in the seconds he is out of frame (CP) and leaping away from an oncoming car from a few feet away (CP2; a 1986 Ford Taurus wagon goes 116 mph at top speed, so we may keep Subsonic reactions).

Glen also apparently catched up to a moving vehicle (Seed) from what I read on Amino.

Last edited:
Speaking of, at least his comic incarnation is consistently around that tier (some of the feats were even calculated on Reddit months ago). For the original timeline, his normal self did have those feats below as well, so I guess he can be there as well.

And since we're bringing this up, the movies does have speed feats like sprinting towards a building from the other side of the road, covering a good distance in the seconds he is out of frame (CP) and leaping away from an oncoming car from a few feet away (CP2; a 1986 Ford Taurus wagon goes 116 mph at top speed, so we may keep Subsonic reactions).

Glen also apparently catched up to a moving vehicle (Seed) from what I read on Amino.
Yeah, I was wondering where his feat of dodging gunfire was, because his page says he dodged gunfire but I don't exactly remember him dodging it. And he definitely has more than below average speed. I mean he sprinted across the hall at an average human pace.

Chucky season 3 Spoiler episode 3

Chucky in the series was affected by the purification or how can we say exorcism, who had their immortality denied, such as type 1, 2, 4, and 6

He's getting old and will die if he doesn't fix this

Last edited:
Chucky season 3 Spoiler episode 3

He's getting old and will die if he doesn't fix this

This sounds a lot like type 1 immortality to me

Basically this confirms type 1 immortality, but she was totally denied with exorcism, so exorcism is Chucky's weakness now lol (even though it didn't work against him and was able to trick him, he later had several symptoms)

Chucky isn't really getting Wall Level out of the heart thing; in fact, pulling heart muscles actually sucks, at only 3-15 kilopascals.: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/adfm.201908612

You're much better off getting stats from him going through the ribcage in the first place. A rib has a 25% chance of breaking against a force of 3300 newtons: https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/study-how-many-punches-can-guy-take-flna1c9442336

Assuming this is the minimum needed for Chucky to pull off the feat, assuming 32.1 cm to get into the heart in the first place (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/18187292/ ), this is netting Chucky 1059.3 joules for busting through a rib. This is just for a single rib. I've no idea how human anatomy works, but I can certainly tell you that a 29-inch-tall doll with a toddler-like build will have fists with a significantly lower surface area than the fists of a 69-inch-tall adult human.

Back