• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steven Universe Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chuck Norris: Fear hax gg

Blue Diamond: Depression gg

Truly, this is the season of emotions.

People boutta become psychiatrists on this wiki for BD matches like: "Depression waves gg" "yeah but how depressed is [opponent]? We saw Lapis with severe depression resist these waves. In this essay I will delve into their childhood trauma and subsequent mental illness to prove why they resist Blue Diamond's-"

Blue pathokinesis do not work with not gem beings, Connie being affected a second time was most likely an aninator mistake considering that Lion and a cat are ok (although animals have no emotions, but I think that doesn't work in-verse), or why Peridot's dress did poof despite nit being part of Peri's body.

That or Peridot did just shapeshift a cute lil dress for herself. And maybe it's the strength of Depression Field (it's like an AT Field but with depression) that makes it effect humans. Like maybe it more easily effects Gems bc it's designed to, but then BD saw that Connie wasn't effected at first and then amped it up? I dunno it's just an assumption.

Yeah but Peridot is gonna get a new form (I assume) after she reforms here. Her voice actress confirmed a while ago she would. I don't think she's unable to shapeshift at all, she's probably just developing it slowly, like how her magnet powers needed time to develop.

All that is speculation, although, maybe reform is different that shapeshift, but I highly doubt that Peri learn how to shapeshift from nothing, not even stated nor referenced.

We already known that isn't goint to happen, besides being impractical, she has her default uniform in the leaks.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
I can't wait for even more people who can't see moral greys to say Jasper is "evil", even though we now know her reasons for being so angry towards Steven are the fact that Rose did something (presumably terrible) to Jasper's Diamond (who she clearly cared about on a personal level) and presumably also destroyed the colony that she herself was created in, since both Jasper and Rose were made on Earth.

Also jfc why is Rose starting to seem so shady, sometimes? First she never told anyone about what she did to Bismuth, and now apparently she did "something" to one of the Diamonds, which nobody else in the Crystal Gems seemed to know about.
Azzy, this takes a whole other meaning now lol

@Cal

When you realize that Rose was actually skinny all along, thereby rendering that whole fan art controversy pointless.

Eh, censors where I'm from aren't that bad. Also, I love how Rebecca can't give anymore ***** about making Garnet a lesbian relationship. Even straight up saying she is a marrige in the show.

The Everlasting said:
@Cal

When you realize that Rose was actually skinny all along, thereby rendering that whole fan art controversy pointless.
I wouldn't say she's skinny. She's like halfway between heavyset and buff. Like Jasper but probably with more fat. Idk I way overthink these things ignore me.

Sir Ovens said:
Eh, censors where I'm from aren't that bad.
You'd be amazed how bad it is in other parts of the world.

I'm pretty sure one country tried outright banning the 2017 Beauty and the Beast because it had three seconds of two guys dancing with each other, before Disney just wouldn't submit to it and pushed the movie to be published as is.

Isn't Ruby a guy in some versions?? That's why I love how Rebecca put her in the dress just as a middle finger to those censors.

Editing can do wonders, y'know.

I'm fully expecting, without fail, for people to somehow be able to completely edit this into a different context to remove the implications.

They're just gonna cut the first ten minutes and they're all gonna be in formal wedding attire for no reason. Also they're just gonna cut the four episodes before this so it just cuts from the Pink Diamond reveal to the Diamond fight.

Its come back to be the main antagonist, now that our old main antagonists are gon be more moms. BD was right, eveyrone who touches earth instantly becomes redeemed

So, just found out that Connie is Indian, not Black. It doesn't matter obviously, but it's still an interesting discovery.

Wasn't common knowledge that Connie was indian?

I mean, she had always lack of the same big lips that other black characters had in the series.

Her color skin too is more orange like (similar to Apu from the Simpson) than actually black.

Sooooo i may have looked back into Adventures in Light Distortion and did some math and got 64c for the ship normally and 15779249c for the ship with the gravity engine calibration disabled

Yellow Diamond should get Magentism Manipulation, same a Peridot. She broke one of the fingers off her ship. I'm not sure if this is some ability all Gems can do. But Peridot has a lesser degree of control over it compared to Yellow Diamond (for obvious reasons)

She looks like a villain from a shitty 3-D DS RPG, lol.

Did the episode of her appearance come out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back