• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steven Universe Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Topaz burst Steven's bubble didnt she?

Anyways, she is an elite as evident to how she was supposedly called by the Diamonds personally. This should rate her over a common Quartz soldier. I would rate her High 6-C due to this

Sooooo we have

- Topaz breaking Steven's bubble shield - Topaz fighting both Steven and Connie without breaking a sweat - Topaz easily fighting off Garnet

Remind me, where's my fallacy? She's High 6-C, it's pretty obvious.

Gojira1234 said:
Sooooo we have

- Topaz breaking Steven's bubble shield - Topaz fighting both Steven and Connie without breaking a sweat - Topaz easily fighting off Garnet

Gojira1234 said:
Sooooo we have

Soooo I just finished catching up and yaaaaah now that I know what actually happen a lotta BS was being thrown around so I'll just list off the fears topaz actually had and debunk some stretched out facts.

Topaz was not only fast enough to catch Garnet off guard, but she was strong enough to take Garnet out of the fight for a bit. She scales

That is not what happen at all first of all, second I'll explain to others who haven't watched the show what happen

So garnet is basically going for a forward lunged attack at topaz, but topaz puts Jamie the mail mans head right in the line of garnets punch. Garnet quickly retracts her attack confused and frightened she almost hit Jamie, but in that moment topaz grabs garnets head and tosses her into a carnival game stand. That's it, unless your telling me a simple toss to a carnival ride is enough to scale to garnets AP tha go right ahead.

Steven and Connie without breaking a sweat.

Thats also a lie, the topazes(unfused) were fighting pretty on par with Steven and Connie individually. I will agree I would say the topazes were having the upper hand but that's about it really. The Topazes were trying to stop them as indicated clearly within the show as they couldn't even stop Steven and Connie.

Topaz burst Steven's bubble didnt she?

This is probably the only feat a topaz has that one of you guys stated correctly.

However from the episode the first strong blow topaz did on Steven was already focusing towards the side that had the mace on it and when he let his guard down topaz struck the other side which than popped the bubble.

So you could argue topaz only was able to burst the bubble cause Steven was distracted and count react quick enough to add more strength to the left side of his bubble shield on the second blow.

However I doubt any of you will consider this idea so this will likely get tossed aside.

In a warlike alien race, when a soldiers rank is higher, it likely means they're stronger. If they were weaker then Garnet and didn't have any real powers, she wouldn't have been much a threat.

Dark you do realize not all gems rely on brute strength alone for a fight. In the case of Aquamarine, she's clearly a elite type gem far outranking the likes of garnet and the rest, but her strengths come from her wand and has not shown any sign or indication she could match Steven and them physically.

Now in the case of topaz. Her case perplexes me, as Jasper pointed out Homeworld gems think of fusion as a Cheap tactic for weak gems to get stronger. So if topaz was as strong as you say she is, she wouldn't need another topaz to tag along if she was a elite type gem, Jasper didn't need one so why would a topaz need so.

Based on what's been shown I'm inclined to believe that topazes are just higher ranked foot soliders, so individually they are like stronger versions of rubies. When the diamonds personally asked them to come its likely they asked aquamarine to come and either they or she asked a topaz to come for extra muscle, like peridot did with Jasper.

Overall though we can't scale characters JUST ON RANK no matter if it's believable or not. We don't do stuff like that around here.

How topaz should be tiered is simple,

Unfused topaz:High 7-A(was able to match Steven and Connie with roses sword in combat.)

Fused: at least 7-A likely Higher(much stronger than before.!

Again I'm going to restate the fact she has not fought garnet in any way except tricking her and than proceeding to throw her into a ride, that's the only she ever faces off against garnet, and that's in no way enough to Prove she's high 6-C.

All showings and feats point to her being roughly Stevens level unfused, fused she's stronger by a unknown amount.

Remind me, where's my fallacy? She's High 6-C, it's pretty obvious

Still their dude, any way you put it your evidence is still wrong and just because you convinced others doesn't make any less wrong.

You were right on one thing, should have watched the episodes first, now I know where you were stretching facts out.

Yeah......Idk why its so hard to accept that Topaz scales. Shes another big beefy gem, whose also a fusion, and was personally assigned to carry out this mission by the diamonds (Which should easily mean shes much stronger and more special than just an average expendable gem such as a quartz or Ruby)

Also, didnt she easily overwhelm amethyst with just her leg, who used all her might to try and break free

Ive made a profile and put her as unknown, but its very clear that she is comparable to the likes of Quartz soldiers

Well, this is a bit off topic but whatever...

I think Regenerationn should be removed from the Fusions' powers and abilities list. They don't "poof" and return to their Gem forms when they are hit hard enough, they simply "unfuse" and separate into their "components"

@Jynx I don't mind scaling topaz(fused) to Amethyst since we know topaz is stronger than Steven by unknown amount so her being as strong as amethyst would make sense.so at least 6-C Possibly higher than.

OishiLover75 said:
If you saw the promo, Yellow Diamond seems to have electric powers. Should it be put in early.
Not yet, theres no confirmation its electricity, though youre probs right

@Tipoima No we cant, it hasnt shown to be anywhere near as powerful as the wand, otherwise Peridot would have most likely used it more

Jinx666 said:
@Tipoima No we cant, it hasnt shown to be anywhere near as powerful as the wand, otherwise Peridot would have most likely used it more
She had to lift there pillars in the Communications Hub somehow. They aren't at large as Alexandrite, but larger then Opal for sure. And she probably doesn't have multitargeting Aqua seems to have to some extent. At least that pillar size should mean something, right now it's only on lifting strenght (which Aqua doesn't have for some reason)

SPOILERS

New leaks show Steven brought Lars "back to life". Plus it seems like he turned Lars pink. So Lars may have Lion's powers. Also, Yellow Sapphire looks like Princess Peach.

You mean Princess Daisy right.... But im pretty sure that Sapphire is helping Steven because she was defective, as her future vision happened late, and she could predict things after they happened, like she did with Lars' colour change.

Also anyone also notice Steven was notably stronger in pushing strength than those 2 fusions.

Also that centipede fusion

OishiLover75 said:
Should we make a Lars page? Or even a Robonoid page?
Too early. The only thing we know for sure he can do is to live without food and that there is a pocket universe in his hair (that we don't know if he can even use himself). When it's confirmed that he can use other Lion's abilities, then it will make sense.

Do you think Padparadscha (Sapphire with disability) is allowed in joke battles wiki, or is that too offensive for the disabled (or even very lackful of information to have a page)? I only want to check if it's possible and allowed. I'm fine either way. I think I might be doubting myself.

I don't think that Sapphire is disabled..I think there's just no use for a Sapphire telling events after they've happened.

The new arc was great. Loved all the character development Lars got. The new Gems were great to see. Padparadscha was ADORABLE, by the way.

I wouldn't be surprised if Pink Lars scales to most Gems, but like Tipoima said, it's to soon to see. He also doesn't have a heart beat, so he might have basic resistance to Death Manipulation (Heart Attack Causation).

Base Lars swung around a stone spike like it was nothing. I can do a quick PE calc of it, it probably yield Street level or even Wall level, which isn't bad for a character like Lars.

We don't know their powers or weapons yet, and since they've yet to enter combat, I'm not sure if it's a good call to make profiles for them yet. Tiering wise, they probably scale to Sapphire though.

I guess?

Did anyone see the gameplay footage of "Steven Universe: Save the Light" yet? It's looking pretty promising so far. The soundtrack so far is great and the graphics are beautiful. Gameplay seems a bit slow, but maybe that was just so they could show off the new battle system? Overall it looks good, but I don't have high hopes for the story to be honest.

New Gems seem quite weak. Two of them together (one of them a fusion too) were barely able to budge a large boulder until Steven came along to help them; prompting them to comment on his strength. Definitely means not all base gems are roughly on par with each other in terms of strength.

Well, I think it's pretty safe to say Pink is indeed defective. Probably have to massively downgrade Rose and everyone who scaled from her now.

Rose scaling to pink was removed a loooong time ago, before the trial actually i believe, the trial just solidified the ffact that basically no one knows exactly what happened

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back