• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steven Universe Discussion Thread #2: Revenge of the Gems

GodlyCharmander said:
Yeah and that would clash against the Universe's rules themselves (Gems can't go FTL, otherwise their form wouldn't be sustained)

It was probably PIS
Actually we debunked the whole 'Gems cant go FTL' quite some time ago. They have numerous feats of being able to go FTL and were even in the process of traveling at FTL speeds when they said they cant go FTL

WeeklyBattles said:
GodlyCharmander said:
Yeah and that would clash against the Universe's rules themselves (Gems can't go FTL, otherwise their form wouldn't be sustained)

It was probably PIS
Actually we debunked the whole 'Gems cant go FTL' quite some time ago. They have numerous feats of being able to go FTL and were even in the process of traveling at FTL speeds when they said they cant go FTL
Also, our Speed of Light and the Verse's speed of Light seem vastly different.

For one, Gems can move at OUR FTL speeds, just not FTL than the Light of the SU verse.

WeeklyBattles said:
The Gems can move faster than Light in comparison to our Speed of Light, but this clearly isn't the same for the SU Verse.

Speed of Light in that verse is faster than our (Real world) Speed of Light, since the Gems can move faster than our Speed of Light, just not their own.

For example, if Our speed of Light is 1, and they can move at 3, then the SU verse's light speed must be somewhere around MFTL+ with Lapis Lazuli.

After all, Lapis Lazuli is MFTL+ and doesn't destroy her projection with her speed.

WeeklyBattles said:
Or, the more likely option than physics itself being completely different in SU Earth, the writers just cant do math
I'm not saying Physics is different (Although, yeah, Changing the light constant would change a lot) just Light speed is different.

I'm agreeing with you, and people who bring up "They can't move FTL because they lag behind" isn't a retort.

Does anybody know what's going on with steven? I understand the whole trauma thing that connie's mom explained but it still doesn't explain to why he wants to literally kill his pink-side!

He probably blames his pink side for all of this as if he never had powers then he probably would have a normal life he wants

Nibbler3100 said:
Does anybody know what's going on with steven? I understand the whole trauma thing that connie's mom explained but it still doesn't explain to why he wants to literally kill his pink-side!
What I think, and I definately don't think Sugar will go with this, but:

I believe when Spinel slashed at Steven's gem, all the layers of conciousness that Gems have were reset. Pink Diamond was still always in Steven, just at a lower layer.

After the rejuvinator, all the layers were reset and put back to Pink Diamond, who we know from Voleyball was prone to fits of Anger and fury, just like Steven is now.

When Steven got his powers back, that's it, Pink Diamond is what Steven's gem is now, not Pink Steven, and he's morphing so strangely because Pink Diamond wants out, she's forming in his Half-Gem body, causing his to freakishly enlarge, notice how he never shrinks through these outburts?

My theory is that Pink Diamond never remembered everything, Steven's half Gem form did, meaning that gemstone is still currently Angerfilled Pink Diamond.

HyperNepsy said:
When we do make the future key for Steven, which quote would be best?
"It doesn't matter, I'm going to fix it!"

"Stop it! I can't deal with one more horrible thing she did, okay?!"

"I just want to fix it!"

"You guys...I love you, but you can't help me anymore."

"Y-you can't just magically make me feel better."

Oh yeah, damn, Steven is definately wayyyy into High 6-A.

Steven's monster form One shot Alexandrite by slamming her into a wall.

Oh damn he can resist Yellow's powers and shouted away Blue's powers, and White Diamond got knocked out by Steven showing her what he is.

Then shouting so hard he knocked out ALL the Diamonds and Crystal Gems.

Peridot, the smartest crystal gem: "I can't believe it, he's even stronger than the Cluster"

Deadass, 5-B Steven.

That's the least of it. He actually overpowered the Cluster. You know, the Gem amalgamation that was supposed to destroy the world.

On top of that, he blasted away everyone, including all of the Diamonds, with just a shockwave of power.

Also, given he's half human and defies Gem rules, I can see the FTL stuff applying to him. Especially given he can blitz and run fast enough to make these Gems look sluggish with ease when he speeds up and these Gems are already relativistic. But knowing this wiki I don't think it'll be agreed upon. I certainly think it makes sense.

No. You see the large arm laying in the ocean before Steven moves on.

In either case, yes, Steven is above the Cluster now.

Yeah, I'm not sold on Tier 5 Steven atm. FTL upgrades from what was talked about earlier plus him alreasy breaking Gem rules could potentially apply though

hmm, I mean, look the scaling for this show is quite wonky and stretched in some areas, I think the best key would be At least high 6-A likely far higher

Back