• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steven Universe Discussion Thread #2: Revenge of the Gems

Uhhh, what does it matter if it was only the Arm of the Cluster?

Like if Goku is say 5-B and punches me, it's still 5-B, doesn't matter if his entire body was used or just his arm.

Remember, the fully formed Cluster destroys the Earth accidentally, their true power would be wayyy higher.

Their arm bring the only thing formed doesn't lower their AP at all.

read the cluster's key, steven isn't tier 5 by this feat, if he fought a fully formed cluster then yeah, the key for a paritcally formed cluster is At least High 6-A, go and check, since steven defeated it rather easily he is stronger, but not tier 5, he is at least high 6-A likely far higher

yeah there's a lot of that on here, I am aware this site stretches its scaling a lot. Now I'm not an official but by the stretchy scaling rules that's what it is, I personally don't like it either but I'm 90% sure monster steven will be at least high 6-A likely far higher.

Wouldn't Steven's bubble holding the Cluster back and keeping them from forming be a feat? And again, what's the pressure like at the core?

Anyways, according to Discord peeps likely from the DB one with the researchers for Death Battle, they got "the Diamond's attack" calculated at High 5-A somehow.

Man, I can't believe Steven Universe is over.... Do you think we might get more SU Media? Maybe stuff no longer told from SU's point of view?

Stuff where we experience the lives of other characters like the other gems or Lars or something?

Imaginym said:
Man, I can't believe Steven Universe is over.... Do you think we might get more SU Media? Maybe stuff no longer told from SU's point of view?
Stuff where we experience the lives of other characters like the other gems or Lars or something?
There is, there's going to be another series taking place in the same Universe, just without Steven and the others.

one thing about the calc is I don't think the diamonds lunched the attack from homeworld, but still, im 90% sure corrupted steven will just be at least high 6-A likely far higher, although I would like the tiers for the diamonds and steven to be changed, I wouldn't be opposed to 5-C, but definitely not high 5-A.

For instance if we made the diamonds and corrupted steven 5-C, I wouldn't mind all that much.

Yeah, I also questioned it, but it couldn't have been from the Moon base as the light is repeatedly seen coming from just beyond the Moon rather than from it as well as enveloping the Moon itself. The only other place near there would be the human zoo. But that seems unlikely because why be there during a war?

I think I'll ask why they made that assumption.

yeah I think they just placed there ships before the earth and blasted from there, that's what I think at least, there was no indication it was from homeworld.

I also don't know why Corrupted Steven is it's own thing. The form is explicitly just Pink's other abilities like size manip and shapeshifting conforming to his thoughts of himself being a monster, so he literally became one. Corrupted Gems also aren't less powerful than their normal selves unless I'm missing something. But it's whatever. I can understand it's the only form he showed those kinds of feats in but I think the point was to show that's how powerful Steven was when he didn't have any more inhibitions.

But meh

Also, for the Corrupting Light, this fact was brought up:

"White Diamond's beam has to come from Homeworld because she didn't leave that planet for eons, far longer than the time between the Gem War and now"

Nickobloke said:
one thing about the calc is I don't think the diamonds lunched the attack from homeworld, but still, im 90% sure corrupted steven will just be at least high 6-A likely far higher, although I would like the tiers for the diamonds and steven to be changed, I wouldn't be opposed to 5-C, but definitely not high 5-A.
For instance if we made the diamonds and corrupted steven 5-C, I wouldn't mind all that much.
It would have to be from Homeworld.

Blue Diamond said that White hadn't left Homeworld in Eons; Eons meaning a "very large amount of time"

In the SU movie, Yellow said that 5000 years is nothing, meaning that even before Pink Diamond got shattered, White hadn't left Homeworld.

I don't think that statement was used correctly by blue, as the attack happened 6000 years ago, it wouldn't be a stretch to call that eons, I'd say the attack was the last time she left, I really don't think it was from homeworld, that just seems like an assumption, as for steven being corrupted, we could just call it monster steven, as I also don't think it was corruption per say, but its just the specifics.

Oh shit, everyone. Tier 5 Steven? Are we ready for that? I hope the FTL feats go through as well since people previously seemed adamant that the "Gems can't go FTL" statement was BS. And even then, I don't see how the FTL stuff couldn't apply to the new keys for Steven given he already defies Gem rules to begin with and has feats of speeding up to the point they can't react and look sluggish.

Also, wouldn't this mean that the Diamonds together have an MFTL attack given the light could reach Earth in such a short time? and Rose/Pink reacted to it

I mean, to be fair, isn't it an assumption to say she also left? We have more evidence to imply she was still on Homeworld at the time, and IIRC White wasn't very involved in the war.

Though White was in her ship just standing there for a while, so I guess you could argue she used her ship and zoomed there and then zoomed back? Eh. That's creating more assumptions than assuming she was on Homeworld though.

well from the image we don't really need to assume, the blast came from within close proximity to the earth, again I don't think it was from homeworld that's just me, and I don't mind if we introduce tier 5, but not high 5-A, 5-C Seems more appropriate.

Nickobloke said:
I don't think that statement was used correctly by blue, as the attack happened 6000 years ago, it wouldn't be a stretch to call that eons, I'd say the attack was the last time she left, I really don't think it was from homeworld, that just seems like an assumption, as for steven being corrupted, we could just call it monster steven, as I also don't think it was corruption per say, but its just the specifics.
It would have to be on Home World.

The Diamonds called the Time from Pink Diamond starting up her colony to the present "Nothing".

Why would they call an even smaller amount of time Eons? That makes no sense.

We are left with no other conclusion that she did do it from Homeworld.

well, keep in mind, all of that is left vague, neither of us can say each side for certain, your basing a potentially pretty big upgrade off of assumption, but i believe they just used their ships and flew to earth, if that really where the case that's inter-stellar to galactic attack distance range, but i can tell you guys just really want tier 5 introduced, that's that only reason your making this argument, again I wouldn't mind but I really don't think high 5-A

Yeah, the Corrupting Light apparently happened 4,000+ years ago, and Yellow stating 6000 is nothing seems to naturally imply "eons" means White was on Homeworld for way longer than 6000. If you go by thr first definition, it means a very long time, and 6000 is nothing so that supports White being on Homeworld.

If you go by the second definition, it means a period between eras. They were still in Era 2 when Blue made those claims and Era 2 begun after Pink was "shattered". Supports White on Homeworld.

Defintion 3 rooted in Astronomy stands for like billions of years. No matter what, taking her loterally plus supportinf statements from Yellow all very heavily indicates White was on Homeworld.

uhh actually wasn't it 6000 years, as yellow said the last six thousands years is the biggest galactic embarrassment that's ever happened, referring to the amount of time they believed pink was shattered. and again, eons is by definition 1 billion years, but calling thousands of years eons is inaccurate but not too much of a stretch, still your basing a pretty big upgrade off an uncertain assumption.

^ if you think this upgrade is based off an uncertain assumption, you haven't seen some other profiles. I think the rule of thumb is that if a series is vague, but there's more supporting evidence towards one side, you generally accept that side. Hell, a lot of Vs Debates and calcs in general rely on a lot of assumptions, but usually reasonable ones supported by canon.

And in the case of the timeline of events here, Rebecca seems to have really tried to make it comprehensive and have the narrative follow it, so having contradictory statements doesn't seem likely because they stated she was on Homeworld for eons. Maybe if Rebecca one day releases a statement om what exactly happened or we see it clearly through some other media remains to be seen, but for right now, everything supports the Homeworld argument.

look I can tell you just want tier 5 brought in, I don't mind, 5-C I agree with, but neither of us can make 100% accurate statements on the matter so theres no real point addressing it, yes its a possibility but still it is an assumption, but then again steven universe has very wonky scaling, if you want 5-C that's fine I support it, but I don't think steven or the diamonds are planet busters straight up.

And people also don't think Star can bust universes straight up, or that Sonic can bust planets in base form. You know why? Because people assume a tier means destructive capacity when it could just relate to attack potency only, which means those attacks can harm people on that level but can't necessarily cause the widespread damage of something on that level.

But I mean, I don't think I ever said High 5-A Steven or stood by it 100%. Hell, I even said it's more support for 5-C Steven when I posted the calc, so clearly I'm in agreement that the low-end is better to use.

same, good we agree, monster steven will probably be just at least high 6-A likely far higher, or maybe 5-C, we will have to find out.

So we're making Corrupted Steven Tier 5 based on the other 3 Diamonds light attack on Earth that isn't AP but Hax that specifically corrupted Gems only?

Yeah, no.

Back