• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steven Universe Discussion Thread #2: Revenge of the Gems

Well to be fair they did say that the attack was MEANT to affect only the gems on the planet and not the planet itself, so we don't really know if they could if they wanted.

Also since Steven's healing powers and mind powers work on Humans and other stuff (like plants), i'm pretty sure that the other diamonds's powers work on them too, even if not as effective as Pink's.

@Tsubasa

We can't really make that leap. Steven has shown to be different in many ways. He takes physical damage and doesn't poof. He has survived the gem containment barriers and can hold the gem destablizer. It is possible that the only reason his powers work on humans is because he is not completely gem.

Until the other diamonds show it we can't really assume that they can.

Yeah i know, i'm not really affirming it, just saying it's likely for me. Since we were show that Blue's emotion wave worked on Connie once it got stronger, for instance

Its so hard to take White Diamond seriously because of that T-pose asserting her dominance, not surprising that Steven somehow got "grounded" by her apparently, and I can't wait for more future SU episodes as the plot gets more interesting and deeper (5-A Steven Universe when?).

@Magi

Unless the planet moving apart was done very quickly she won't be 5-A. Even then 5-A is questionable since the planet is still gravitationally bound, indicating the GBE wasn't broken.

Assaltwaffle said:
@Magi

Unless the planet moving apart was done very quickly she won't be 5-A. Even then 5-A is questionable since the planet is still gravitationally bound, indicating the GBE wasn't broken.
Or they just have the tech to hold it together gravitationally

@Assalt That wasn't meant as a literal statement but ok, and I almost thought homeworld was Saturn for a split second just before realizing it had 2 big groups of rings (snap fingers Rip SU chances of being 5-A, oh well... but Planet level+ is still possible though when there's enough evidence gathered for that soon).

If we never get a flashback to WD breaking Homeworld but it's said that she did it, she'd be 5-C, since she didn't truly destroy the planet.

Wouldn't be 5-B+ since we have the assume it's Earth-like. It is clearly not a gas giant, since it is a rocky habitable planet.

Uh, Multicontinent is a pretty big Tier.

6674x from baseline to Moon.

So, even if white is dozens of times stronger than YD/BD, who in turn are dozens of times stronger than lapis, she'd still be firmly in 6-A.

@Gojira

Not really. Right now the way they are scaled is as follows:

Lapis (High 6-A at 35.222 Petatons of TNT; at this point she is more than 840x away from 5-C) < Malachite (Completely unquantifiable increase in power) < YD/BD (We have no idea how powerful Malachite is in comparison to the Diamonds; if Alexandrite fought BD we could get a better idea, but she got haxed out) < WD (It is only hinted at how strong she is; we have no way of determining how powerful she is in comparison to the other diamonds aside from that she is superior)

So does WD cover a 840x gap? Maybe? But there's no way to tell and nearly 3 orders of magnitude is a lot.

Well, I never quite found anything too wrong with it. Plus, I trust TTGL's judgement most of the time, unless it's a glaring mistake.

@Assalt Possibly so, I mean her corruption attack with the combined power of BD & YD appeared to be far larger than the entire Earth IIRC.

I posted that onto the Cluster's page before, but it got removed for some reason.

Out of curiosity, which thread accepted the gems' body formation as a valid way to get their tiers?

Sorry for this off-topic question.

Ik I'm the one who made it; I didn't remember that I accepted it.

I kinda question it atm considering the later exposition of it. Bodies of light is not exactly what mass-energy entails. "Light with mass" just breaks physics so hard that I question the application of it.

Do any SU feats come close to the Mass-energy conversions?

@Assalt There are multiple statements that back up them working via mass energy conversion from the most knolwedgeable characters in the series, right down to peridot flat out stating that increasing mass uses a tremendous amount of energy compared to the small output the change brings

I know Peridot's line, but that doesn't really entail much. When Amethyst impersonates Jasper we find out that extended transformation eats up energy. This isn't a reference to true mass-energy, but rather a anime-style transformation.

Also the gem's bodies are really inconsistent in the way they behave (when going super FTL with the controls turned off they just pass through the back of the ship while their actually matter gems hit the back).

Thank God I'm not the only one who thinks the current SU ratings are messed up.

It's not just how ridiculous the MEC increases AP compared to their actual feats, it's also horribly inconsistent.

Like, the calc linked to Garnet used the density of water, and the one that's linked to the cluster used the density of an actual gemstone. -_-

The calc for the Cluster should be water, not a gemstone

Also tfw they have country level feats without mass-energy conversion so theyre not messed up, theyre consistent

WeeklyBattles said:
Also tfw they have country level feats without mass-energy conversion so theyre not messed up, theyre consistent
What Country Level feats?

Back