• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steampunk ~What a Beautiful Discussion Thread~ 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Cthulhu's Nyarlathotep this messed up? Edison is something else, he needs to die in the most painful way possible, but dude is so op idk how it can be done.

He is so insanely evil yet so absurdly strong almost no one can stop him.

Also no update still. Probably will be tomorrow or somewhere in the week or next we get one on Sona Nyl.

I guess so lol. His act alone in New York is already evil in and of itself xD

Edison really scares the shit out of me tbqh lol. I like his character theme tho, that one is dope.

And yeah the guy is OP. Equal to The M even without his Yog and Golden Eye buffs (with them, he's>The M but not to the point of stomping or so I heard), creator of Cracking and possibly can use them to the same result (if this is true, that's just downright horrifying), and very evil right up to the point of CM Nyarlathotep.

I guess as deep as I'm going down the hellhole of a world that is Karsheel, I'll more than likely be responsible for its pages. Already started one up even for Kyrie here. Albeit there's no other kind of art to use for him and I'll have to go through the story overtime to collect his feats and powers/weapons.

You would think that God whose kindness can destroy galaxies and hypes herself as AZTT's equal, would by now think it's kind to get rid of the multiversal maniac who enjoys making people suffer.

Or maybe gods don't care what happen to mortals, or maybe she is just hyping herself up when Edison is actually stronger.

Could be both self hype and/or Edison with the buffs he got makes him that high off the chain sans any other Gods that've yet to show up or be mentioned in the verse.

Yog's buff alone already grants Edison control over all of Steampunk's space-time so that's one part I assume gives him an edge over just about anyone.

Let's see here-

>Cracks open book

...From the start where it has our MC page (well the title page first, then to stuff like our MC's and table of contents) to the back that has our glossary and Kaijin's timeline/chronology, it is about 320 pages. Out of those 320 pages (probably 319 cuz the back is something related to a Fate series Sakurai worked on), 310ish of those pages is the actual story itself.

I know. The prologue alone took me 4 days to do and that's with using a Kanji tool to pull up the ones used in the book + the kana's in between and this is also on and off too.

I'm hoping around early mid 2020 is when I finish up. The point of me doing this is at least some way to know what went on in this story.

BTW I take it you'll cover Sona Nyl for the profiles? Especially....ugh, Edison~

Of course, i will make Sona Nyl profiles when it's out, especially Edison.

Though depends how much info we get on him in there, if his own feats aren't anything impressive and there is no statement about M, not much we can do with his profile.

At least i think the mention about Yog-Sothoth should be there, if he is all of space-time, and we know in the past infinite universes existed, courtesy of M, he would probably be 2-A.

Hopefully Sona Nyl is out by the time you're done with Karsheel.

If it's about that M statement of "M and Edison share the sane everything" thing that was on a Sharnoth Fandisc according to Trex.

Wish Liarsoft wasn't so strict on that kind of content...but what can one do other than try and buy it and learn to read it. -_-

If it's something of Sona Nyl, right...

That's the plan I hope to get. It'll likely be around it's release or after. We'll see.

Speaking of Sharnoth, when M absorbed the world and trapped every human in their own personal Sharnoth, wonder where Edison was, he should have also been there.

Was he just chilling, or did he just say lol nope you can't trap me. Guessing the fandisk touches on this.

Him just chilling or not being trapped sounds like something that could have happened to him either way.

Reminds me about Karsheel, I also plan to maybe buy Mushoku no Ulthar if it ever comes out. Ofc, that is IF it gets truly made first. I'm still hoping it gets made up by next yr according to its dated plan time though even then that depends HOW and WHERE it's being sold. If it's something we can buy through Amazon (and hopefully not exclusively to Japan), I can do that. If it's going to be in ENG as it says it is (plus Paperback), even better. That and pricing. That's also important. Ofc again, that depends if Sakurai ever gets to making it.

Nothing happens by next year, it's a truly dead dream to keep on dreaming.

I know I've been really annoying on bringing something that hasn't been made yet but it looks and sounds interesting enough that I'd hate for us to get blue balled on it if it ever doesn't. :<

So just to put this in advance here, when I get to Chapter 4 of the book it's gonna take me a LONG TIME to get everything settled up.

The gaps of the first 3 chapters are pretty long ish (Chapter 1's is about 44 pages, Chapter 2's the longest with 90, and Chapter 3 is the shortest with 32), but the one of Chapter 4, which is also gonna be a tearjerker one is about....124 pages.

I have a particular strat I just came up with that would make things more efficient for me to input them on my Drive if not make things also somewhat "faster" but the last chapter out of all will take a lot of time when I get the first three down.

Again, just putting this up far in advance.

Yeeup. I'm getting the thought that we might get Sona Nyl around Mid to Mid-late 2020 if this keeps up. Knowing Sona Nyl's past occasional increases on their TL progress, it gives me a bit of hope they might pull off a bigger one at some point pass 5% but it's also doubtful.

Sidenote, still working on the Kaijin super rough TL. Wouldn't say I'm getting halfway there just yet but getting there.

Another note, I was just listening to Inganock's OP by watching the vid for it. It didn't caught on to me as much as the rest of Inganock's theme (plus it sounded a bit weird in its place with Inganock to that of the others I've listened to) but while watching and listening, I noticed a part where Lemure Lemure was shown and then has the Critters of Inganock appear one by one instantly. Turns out Dragon WAS part of the VN's OP lol. But strangely it never appeared in the base game and only got some few passing mentions including one during Bandersnatch's chapter. Would have been amazing if it was part of the base game and not a "exclusive exclusive DLC like product" (i.e Fandisc) -_-

The fandisk probably has the same op but yea would think Dragon would be in the main game if it was in the op instead of just a few mentions.

I find that pretty weird tho. Like some weird thing of adding something from a game but you don't really get to learn about it until you buy their DLC...

Well anyways, it's still good as usual to see Mangagamer is still updating Sona Nyl.

If any of the series were to ever be adapted in an anime or manga, which would you want?

It's sad WAB doesn't have the popularity of something like Fate, which would make that possible, when it's also a good series.

How popular is it in Japan i wonder? Outside it's a nice series, idk about Japan though.

Btw what was that event which Tesla and Noen got married? It's Japan only thing sadly, was that a Fandisk?

Now that i think about it Tesla and Noen are the only married main couple in the series. Ati and Gii, well that ended sadly due to a certain Lemure Lemure though we get hope in the WN, idk about A and Lily.

>Fate

>Remembers hearing about Type Moon/Fate fans raiding Sakurai's Twitter enough to the point she deleted all WAB related content that was relevant to her series

Yeah..........................

I thought about that on a reddit topic and I put mines as Ourai no Gahkthun. I feel like out of the ones, TL'd or otherwise, that one fits the most of feeling alright enough to have its own anime.

Your question is as good as mines cuz I have zero idea how it is compared to outside JP.

Seems like some kind of event or something. Never heard of it being in a fandisc but I can't say for sure on that.

A and Lily are together in a pretty romantic relation (there's actually a scene of them having sex just before reaching the Manhattan Building Lily has to go to in Sona Nyl, so there's that).

Speaking about anime, Sakurai actually planned for one that was gonna take place in the first century AD. Way before even the main WAB VN's. Though sadly much like Vulthoom and Ulthar, there's no updates as to whether that's being worked on or not still and just not being said. I think Magi said this in the same way Fortissimo's author doesn't update much either on their series.

Downside to being popular is having toxic fans.

Yup also think gahthun would work the best. Sharnoth i think would be the less appropriate if you want to get ppl into the series, Sharnoth would be like another Dies Irae where like 5 episodes in and you have no clue what's going on. Gahkthun has action to tide you over.

Wonder what kind of event, like a novel i wonder? Idk

Well all the main couples have sex, just so far the only ones who are married from what i know are Tesla and Noen.

Hmm, first i am hearing about an anime.

Besides those series which we have no updates, do we have any clue what Sakurai is working on next? There has to be another VN after Tyrhhia. This series is never gonna end until Edison is defeated, and even then it probably will continue since the series are self contained.

Sadly so.

Pretty much.

Could be.

Kek yeah.

Same. It's been thought up like 5 years ago but Sakurai hasn't updated about it since '17 so who knows where even that is at if it's even being worked at all like I said.

You ca check these out to get a bit of the idea of what she was apparently planning to do.

So basically atm only thing we have to look forward to is Sona-Nyl and Karsheel.

Hoping we get an announcement for Valusia next year.

Yup. Getting summoner who fights weird winged ish beings and cyborg who fights cybernetic zombies~

Really hoping they do. Would love to have Steampunk Leonardo and Joan of Arc on the wiki.

For all we know, we just get official translations for Inganock and Sharnoth.

At the very least, considering we already got Gahkthun and Sona-Nyl, don't see why managagmaer would stop there.

Speaking of Karsheel, I should be done around this weekend with its first chapter. Just setting down on the last few pages of Kanji and then after that it's all just inputting the kana's as well as the images of the chapter.

Also not sure if this was ever thought about but I went and reread a bit on the CCC backstory on Inganock's WN just for the heck of it and I noticed this part here that makes me wonder if his Kikai is really completely unknown.

"The mountain of rubble still smoked from the Monsters' flames, and from the black shining flames that "she" brought about. The Knight extended his hand toward it, and picked something up."

Not sure where the Kikai being unknown refers to looking at this, tho Red seemed to reason to me that it could be how it's not known how this is done or something. Hmm...

Offcial TL's of Inganock and Sharnoth are likely as well, I guess.

I just want Valusia cuz of Leo and Hilde in particular. Also Machine Lord.

Leo apparently also fights with a mech like Tesla. Hilde and ML also have somenthat mimic the nature of Kikai from Inganock and they have the camouflage thing too that Moran and others in the WIC have.

Think that and Valusia's art being that of Inganock's is why I want it to br picked up next before the others.

Speaking of Valusia is that thing that turns Kadath into salt the final villain? Considering it turned a planet larger than Earth into salt, would think it would be the final villain with that kind of power.

Idk who even is the mc of Valusia or what kind of abilities they have.

Horrors End? Seems about right, yeah. It's also as big as a continent apparently, or just really big af.

It's those two young looking people on the front cover of Valusia's image. Dk either on their abilities tho.

It's as big as a continent? Wow, that's news to me.

Now i am wondering how the protags survive the planetary salt hax and kill this continent sized monstrosity.

oh man i really want to see someone TL shining night >_>. Imagine the reaction of fighting your mentor AND an eldritch horror keks

Reminds me that I WAS thinking about buying Gahkthun's Novel Anthology but....that pricing on Amazon tho.

$254 and there's only two you can get that's both used AND only in "good/very good" condition. Compared to the near $19 I spent on Karsheel (in new condition, no less), it seems like something that's not worth getting an F on as much as I love the series. :/

Alright you guys.

After exactly two weeks of nonstop doc inputting, I managed to get all there is for KnK's first chapter!

Was actually a bit draining once I started to put the hira's and kata's in with the Kanji they go with but it's finally done...I hope.

First chapter of Karsheel.

I'm also going to take a break off of it for a little bit and then come back to it. Maybe a week or just about a week from now, mainly to relax and MY GOD would the next chapter take a longer time. By longer, I mean of the fact it's about twice the number of pages and with that likely twice the time it took me to do chp1.

I think for my plans on this is hopefully get the first 3 chaps out before the end of this year, given that chap 4 will be the longest one to do and one that will require some months down next yr to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back